PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly Veterans...

Paladin
07-31-2010, 09:36 AM
These heroes died July 29 at Tsagay, Afghanistan, of injuries sustained when insurgents attacked their military vehicle with an improvised explosive device.

Killed were: Capt. Jason E. Holbrook, 28, of Burnet, Texas, and Staff Sgt. Kyle R. Warren, 28, of Manchester, N.H.

They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C.

HDR
08-01-2010, 07:07 AM
As it is certain your post was made with respect and a good heart, no flame or disrespect intended.
Although we respect our dead we don't usually discuss it. Maybe it reminds us of what we don't want to remember.

Paladin
08-01-2010, 09:19 AM
As it is certain your post was made with respect and a good heart, no flame or disrespect intended.
Although we respect our dead we don't usually discuss it. Maybe it reminds us of what we don't want to remember.

Thanks, and yes it was made with respect. By "we" I will assume you mean here at Guns Network.

In other places, we have a tradition of honoring our fallen by respectfully mentioning their passing.

However, HDR, out of respect and understanding for your and other's traditions here in this place, I will be glad to refrain. Thanks for steering me in the right direction here at Guns Network.

And believe me, I know what you mean when you write, "...Maybe it reminds us of what we don't want to remember".

Thanks again,

Charlie.

HDR
08-01-2010, 04:27 PM
No, not Gunsnet I've only noticed that here in the Vet's Forum.

Paladin
08-01-2010, 05:24 PM
No, not Gunsnet I've only noticed that here in the Vet's Forum.

roger that...

charlie, out.