PDA

View Full Version : P-90... two days down

O.S.O.K.
03-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Well I've had the box for a while but was waiting until I could get a good start with it. I'm home in the office this week so started yesterday. I've been able to pretty much keep up with the entry level cardio and sculpting - though, I crapped out on the last set of pushups towards the end of the sculpting - only did 5 and 2 and ooff! But then I got right into the next set. They go fast!

I don't look any different yet :lool: but I do feel better already - amazing what some good exersize can do for you.

One good thing about this is that I can take it on the road and play it on my laptop - just bringing the strechy thing with.

aliceinchains
03-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Can you use the stretchy thing for a slingshot. :bigsmilebounce:

F-16 CHIEF
03-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Just push play. It's corny, but I'm on my 3rd round of it now.

After 180 days, I can say it's a miracle. That miracle being hard work. Period. Keep it up and it will happen.

Get weights is my only advice. Drop the band and build some muscle. Plus, eat often and eat lean.

Just wait, it's coming. In 2 weeks, there will be no more soreness and you'll be on your way.

Helen Keller
03-29-2011, 07:33 PM
I've never monkeyed with this..

Been lifting again after months off. It doesn't take long for your body to get back into the game.
Trying for 300 on my bench by summer.

Just gotta stay focused.

O.S.O.K.
03-29-2011, 08:36 PM
I'll be 50 in May. The old bod doesn't snap back like it used to... but I'm impressed that I'm able to do as well with this as I can. I'm sore all over though - but not too bad. Now it's not just my knees that are sore :lool: I'll switch to weights after a while - the surgical tube is good for starters..

Good to hear that it works though - my buddie's son lost probably 80+ pounds with this - he did watch his intake though. He was always a fat kid - but got big and played football in HS = but was still fat. It was the beginning of the summer before he went off to college that he knuckeled under and started this - really transformed him. He wanted a chance at some pussy!!!! :D

Can't blame him :)

ETA - I just want to be able to see my little friend again without looking in the mirror! :dammit: ;)

NewbieAKguy
03-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Well I've had the box for a while but was waiting until I could get a good start with it. I'm home in the office this week so started yesterday. I've been able to pretty much keep up with the entry level cardio and sculpting - though, I crapped out on the last set of pushups towards the end of the sculpting - only did 5 and 2 and ooff! But then I got right into the next set. They go fast!

I don't look any different yet :lool: but I do feel better already - amazing what some good exersize can do for you.

One good thing about this is that I can take it on the road and play it on my laptop - just bringing the strechy thing with.

You've inspired me to look for best price around for it.....think the p90x is a little advanced for me at the moment, lol.

recon
03-29-2011, 09:54 PM
How much is it?

O.S.O.K.
03-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Well, you can probably do better but I just bought the sandard P-90 kit - two cd's with the phase I-IV workouts (cardio and sculpting), stretchy exersizer thing, books and another "fat burner" CD. Got it on Amazon for $72. Really though, you can buy the stretchy thing or use weights if you have them and just get the basic CD set for less.

If you are in reasonable condition, you should be able to do this. I have bursitis in my knees and I can do it - actually helping with it.

You just go at your own pace - the guy in the vid continually tells you to use the "pause button" if you need it - to go at your own pace, modify the exersixe if needed, etc.

The only thing I've needed to modify is stretching my thigh - I have to use the chair arm to hold my foot while I stretch each side. But that's it.

As said - just hit play and go - it really helps to have them doing the exersizes there "with" you - and it's over before you know it.

Sore? Yes, I'm sore, but it's an all-over even kind of sore - which is good.

What's that saying? Oh yeah... JUST DO IT! :)

O.S.O.K.
03-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Just push play. It's corny, but I'm on my 3rd round of it now.

After 180 days, I can say it's a miracle. That miracle being hard work. Period. Keep it up and it will happen.

Get weights is my only advice. Drop the band and build some muscle. Plus, eat often and eat lean.

Just wait, it's coming. In 2 weeks, there will be no more soreness and you'll be on your way.

Thanks for the encouragement - it's not easy on the old bones but today's (4) sculpting was too bad - it seemed to ge a bit quicker too..

Crash
03-31-2011, 03:22 PM
I got a good deal on an authentic P90X boxed set off of Ebay. I keep telling myself to start it but I'm just not ready yet, but I am getting tired of being a toad...

O.S.O.K.
03-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Yep.

Just start it - it's doable and Tony keeps telling you to go your own pace, use the pause button if you need it, etc. - just listen to him. The most important thing is to keep moving. :)

Now ain't I the expert? ;)

O.S.O.K.
04-01-2011, 01:47 PM
5 days... today was "cardio" day. Man I can see that some days will be tougher than others - for some reason I felt tired today. But I made it through... :)

My wife says she can't see any difference yet :lool:

Tomorrow is going to be a bit different as I've been doing these over lunch while my son is at school and the wife at work.... they'll be able to SEE ME... :eek:

Mark Ducati
04-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Stay with it man! My first week, when I got to the "Plyometrics" DVD, I literally threw up on my carpet.... couldn't make it to the bathroom in time.

When your leg muscles require all the blood and that blood is removed from your body's core... you'll puke too!

When I did the Ken-Po boxing type exercises... I imagined punching Tony in the face. It helps to visualize this!

Oh, and Yoga? It ain't for pussies! That will kick your arse too!

I lasted 60 days and quit... my wife bought it and she's done it twice.

Me, I couldn't do it in the morning because I cant stop sweating for an hour after and going to work smelling like the gym working in close proximity to my patients was unacceptable... then after work, I'm already exhausted from working all day, last thing I want to do is beat myself up more for 60-90 minutes... I found that "Fast Forward" on the "clicker" was my best friend!

If I could work out by osmosis... I'd be buff as heck right now! Hahahaha

O.S.O.K.
04-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Yeah, it's an ongoing fight.

And the older you get, I suspect, the more work you have to do, in order to see some results.

Probably should check your age and height/weight and then give you a box with an appropriate product name. Mine would probably be "P-180" :lool:

I'm starting out about 40 to 50 lbs over... 240 and should be 190 at least... if not 180.

coppertales
04-01-2011, 07:44 PM
start somewhere. I, on the other hand, am 67, and I powerlift for fun. I am training for a meet in August. Currently I am doing 315 lb squats for reps of 3, deadlifts of 315 for reps of 5, and benching 200. I don't bench over 200 without a shirt due to shoulder injuries. I still look like a old fat white guy but I am strong. I never got into the bodybuilding thingie. I just couldn't get past the shaving your body......chris3

Helen Keller
04-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I just couldn't get past the shaving your body

Just rub vaseline all over it...

O.S.O.K.
04-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Oh man, this thread is going downhill fast.... visualizing... no no :rotflmbao: