PDA

View Full Version : can it be fixed?

Sergi762
03-31-2011, 04:35 PM
assuming I owned a full auto MG42 full auto and by some stroke of bad fortune the receiver splits from age: can a new receiver still be legally made to repair the damaged one? I don't understand the law completely but I know NEW receivers/certain parts cannot be imported.... but can a machine gun still be repaired? or if the part fails from age/overuse nothing can legally be done? this is just a legal question not necessarily the panicked cry of a MG owner

Helen Keller
03-31-2011, 04:47 PM
NOPE..

BUT THere's enough skilled guys out there that can fix everything.

1 Patriot-of-many
06-20-2011, 02:00 PM
AFAIK, the only way to replace a full auto receiver is via the original manufacturer.
Now with that kind of money at stake, I'm sure some receivers magically appear back on guns with all the same markings.....

El Laton Caliente
06-20-2011, 04:55 PM
assuming I owned a full auto MG42 full auto and by some stroke of bad fortune the receiver splits from age: can a new receiver still be legally made to repair the damaged one? I don't understand the law completely but I know NEW receivers/certain parts cannot be imported.... but can a machine gun still be repaired? or if the part fails from age/overuse nothing can legally be done? this is just a legal question not necessarily the panicked cry of a MG owner

I've talked to class II manufactorers about this and the answer is yes. A replacemnt reciever can be built serial number matched & installed and the original reciever distroyed. The Brady Center protested this LOUDLY when the ruling was made.

circuits
06-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Thats a big fat no, since 2002.

A replacement mg receiver is considered new and not transferrable.

Fix, yes. Replace, no.

1 Patriot-of-many
06-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Thats a big fat no, since 2002.

A replacement mg receiver is considered new and not transferrable.

Fix, yes. Replace, no.

Not even by the original manufacturer now? Geez. Just another way to dwindle the supply. Someone needs to take the NFA to the Scotus now.

Schuetzenman
06-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Not even by the original manufacturer now? Geez. Just another way to dwindle the supply. Someone needs to take the NFA to the Scotus now.

Yes, yes they do. The ban needs to be challenged on 2nd Amendment grounds and overturned!

1 Patriot-of-many
06-22-2011, 03:15 AM
Yes, yes they do. The ban needs to be challenged on 2nd Amendment grounds and overturned!

Looking at the majority opinion, they had a good sense of it. You could see they were actually egging it on. Facts are Facts. Guess the Second Amendment Foundation will have to get the wheels turning.