PDA

View Full Version : In Praise Of LuckyGunner

ltorlo64
03-31-2011, 08:54 PM
I have bought from these guys a couple of times and have been very pleased with the price and the service. I just got some Fiocchi .45 ACP HPs. Ordered them on a Sunday night and had them Friday morning. That was with regular shipping and being almost the exact opposite corner of the country from them. I will be ordering from them again.

Guns Network Staff
03-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Did you let them know you were from guns network?

I say this cause they just decided not to renew and the owners new lady in charges stated we are not giving them business in short.

Call them and tell them......

ltorlo64
04-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Did you let them know you were from guns network?

I say this cause they just decided not to renew and the owners new lady in charges stated we are not giving them business in short.

Call them and tell them......

I have an e-mail from the new Customer Service Manager, I will reply to that. When I ordered there was nothing for me to check or write in saying where I had heard of them, and I heard of them here. I wonder how they determined that they were not getting any business from this site?

O.S.O.K.
04-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Every member needs to add a notation in the comments section when ordering from anybody that we 'came from gunsnet'. I do that most of the time.

abpt1
04-01-2011, 02:32 PM
I will make sure to do that next time I order from them .

swampdragon
04-01-2011, 10:26 PM
I have an e-mail from the new Customer Service Manager, I will reply to that. When I ordered there was nothing for me to check or write in saying where I had heard of them, and I heard of them here. I wonder how they determined that they were not getting any business from this site?

Their advertising must not be too great.
I never heard of them either except for right here on gunsnet.

Have you shot any of the Fiocchi yet?
I've never tried that brand in .45acp

ltorlo64
04-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Shot some last Sunday and they worked great from my Springfield GI, 1911. I was a little concenrned after reading an article about retro 1911s in Shotgun News. The article stated that anything other than ball ammo didn't work so well in the retro style 1911s.

ltorlo64
04-01-2011, 10:30 PM
I just sent an e-mail to LuckyGunner to let them know I heard about them here. Hope they change their mind about being a sponsor.

swampdragon
04-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Shot some last Sunday and they worked great from my Springfield GI, 1911. I was a little concenrned after reading an article about retro 1911s in Shotgun News. The article stated that anything other than ball ammo didn't work so well in the retro style 1911s.

Remington Golden Sabre has been the most accurate out of my HK so far.
I do need to stock up on something now though.
Maybe I'll give Fiocchi a whirl.

ltorlo64
04-01-2011, 10:39 PM

I know that the Golden Saber and Talon are highly rated and the guys here recommend it, but it is difficult to spend $1/round. Even this at about .50/round is expensive but not as bad. I can at least practice with this and not feel like I am just burning up cash. And the reviews I found of the Fiocchi, while not as good as the name brands, was definately not bad.

Partisan1983
04-02-2011, 12:14 AM
My Colt 1911 (can't remember what exact model) loves Fiocchi .45 FMJ.

Of subject, but my SIG P232SL loves Fiocchi .380 FMJ, but my SIG P229 hated there .40 FMJ.

FWIW

swampdragon
04-02-2011, 12:37 AM
I know that the Golden Saber and Talon are highly rated and the guys here recommend it, but it is difficult to spend $1/round. Even this at about .50/round is expensive but not as bad. I can at least practice with this and not feel like I am just burning up cash. And the reviews I found of the Fiocchi, while not as good as the name brands, was definately not bad.

Yeah. Price wise, the Golden Saber sucks!!!!!!!!!
That's for sure.
.45 in general is expensive.

O.S.O.K.
04-02-2011, 12:15 PM
45 ACP is a great round to handload - for your defensive ammo needs. I simply select a 230 grain HP and load it to standard hard ball velocities - no great trick and I get defensive ammo that shoots to the same POA as my ball practice ammo.

You can say the same for ball practice ammo but the advantage of handloads is much less than the high buck defensive stuff.

recon
04-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Lucky gunners prices aren't that great! But with that said we need this sponser here!

ltorlo64
04-02-2011, 04:06 PM
At least in this area, when you figure in shipping they are comparable to WalMart, but with a much better selection.

NewbieAKguy
04-02-2011, 06:35 PM

Fiocchi has been getting good reviews in Gun Tests lately. Their top pick for 9mm is the Fiocchi 115gr loaded with Hornady's XTP bullet. During their .45 test I'm pretty sure the Fiocchi .45 loaded with XTP bullet rated good as well. Plus the Fiocchi ammo I can find for a VERY reasonable price for a box of 50 HPs.

swampdragon
04-02-2011, 08:51 PM
45 ACP is a great round to handload - for your defensive ammo needs. I simply select a 230 grain HP and load it to standard hard ball velocities - no great trick and I get defensive ammo that shoots to the same POA as my ball practice ammo.

You can say the same for ball practice ammo but the advantage of handloads is much less than the high buck defensive stuff.

I keep telling myself that I need to invest in some reloading equipment one of these days.
But it just seems like I am all over the place with things I want to do.
Too many hobbies and too many projects.
I seriously need to cut down.
I'm worse than a crack Ho lately when it comes to staying focused on one particular thing at a time.

swampdragon
04-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Fiocchi has been getting good reviews in Gun Tests lately. Their top pick for 9mm is the Fiocchi 115gr loaded with Hornady's XTP bullet. During their .45 test I'm pretty sure the Fiocchi .45 loaded with XTP bullet rated good as well. Plus the Fiocchi ammo I can find for a VERY reasonable price for a box of 50 HPs.

Yeah see, that's what I'm thinking too.
The Golden Saber is kick ass, but it just costs too much for my budget to buy in massive bulk and stock away.

O.S.O.K.
04-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Seriously, if you just want to load some good defensive ammo using quality bullets - then get a Lee Loader - $25. They work really well for the 45 ACP. Slow? Yeah - but if you're only loading 50 at a time, no problem!

Great way to get started handloading.

swampdragon
04-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Seriously, if you just want to load some good defensive ammo using quality bullets - then get a Lee Loader - $25. They work really well for the 45 ACP. Slow? Yeah - but if you're only loading 50 at a time, no problem!

Great way to get started handloading.

I'll keep that in mind.
LEE huh?

Viking350
04-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Lucky gunners prices aren't that great! But with that said we need this sponser here!

It depends on what you are buying. They have the lowest price on 12 ga and 20 ga buckshot I can find anywhere. I recently emailed them asking if they could match AIM's price on 223. They were the exact same rounds. They said they couldn't. I was a bit surprised by that. I emailed em back and said I was disappointed I would have to buy them from AIM. As far as handgun ammo goes, Wal mart is the same or cheaper per round than lucky's thousand round lot cost per round.