PDA

View Full Version : Romanian UF AIMS handguards

O.S.O.K.
04-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Not sure I'm getting the nomenclature correct on this.

I'm referring to the "donkey dick" Romanian handguards that are for the UF stocks.

I have a WASR UF coming and I was thinking of installing one of these. In looking at them, they are more slender than the side-folder, forward slanted type. I mean the grips are - not the base.

The UF type looks like it may have been reformed from the side-folder type... ?

I have several old spare side folder handguards... and I'm thinking I can just reform one of them.

Thoughts?

Does anybody have one of each so that they can hold them side by side and see if this is possible?

imanaknut
04-02-2011, 05:53 PM
I don't think there is enough wood on the forward slanting hand grip to allow you to make the rearward, or underfolder style lower hand grip.

I just did a side by side, and no there is not enough wood on the forward slanting one to allow you to form the rearward slanting one.

O.S.O.K.
04-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Oh well. Maybe there's somebody that'll do a trade... thanks for the info!!

romak10/63UF
04-03-2011, 08:43 PM
I have a reverse one on my wasr 10/63 uf please check out my threads for pictures.. I bought my forward grip from " ray " at blackmarketarms ray shiped it out fast an i couldnt belive it didnt have no trnch art on it... i belive it was 55 or 60 dollars shiped.

O.S.O.K.
04-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks.

762x39nut
04-03-2011, 09:05 PM
I've got a reverse dong on my u/f.Ilike it better than any other grip.