PDA

View Full Version : Attn Kershaw Leek owners:

cevulirn
04-07-2011, 09:57 PM
If your like me, you own a Kershaw Leek knife. If your like me, you carry one on a daily basis. If your like me, you tend to 'play' with the knife, snapping it open, and closing it. If your like me, you tend to break the torsion bars FAR quicker then they expect. The good news is that Kershaw will mail you replacement parts for free! Now that's customer service!

One little problem, the pivot screw is in there pretty good, and it isn't attached to either side. There's a good chance that it will just start rotating both sides and not come out. What a pain! But there's good news! If you have the Torx bits to take the knife apart, and the knife of course, you already have everything you need to remove that pesky pivot screw! The secret? Right there in the safety of the knife. If you remove the safety, there's a small lock washer on the screw. What you can do is place that washer on the opposite of the pivot screw, under the pocket clip. Tightening down the pocket clip will press the lock washer into the pivot screw and grip it strong enough to make unscrewing the other side possible! Easy!

So, now that I've cannibalized the the parts from my normal leeks to get my composite leek all nice and snappy new, I need to contact Kershaw and get the parts to fix the other three... Speaking of which, I've got to go...

Richard Simmons
04-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Good info, thanks for posting. Like a fool I gifted my composite Leek to my new Son Inlaw. Need to pick up another one. Great little knife and that D2 composite really takes an edge!

RJ Shooter
04-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Hmmmm, I have a Leek or two... Thanks for the info!!!