PDA

View Full Version : HK91 308 50rnd drum mag wow !!!! Now im wishing i keep my Cetme....

romak10/63UF
04-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Check this out http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=224170294

Richard Simmons
04-08-2011, 05:04 PM
I notice they mention just about every HK91 variant or clone except the CETME? Wouldn't mind having one but man, one mag dump will run you what, $20+ in ammo.

Mark Ducati
04-08-2011, 05:12 PM
You can get them cheaper for $229 (and free shipping) at:

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/50-Round-Drum-For-HK-91-G3-PTR91-Rifles-FREE-SHIPPING-9p1283.htm

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/g3drumattached-250.jpg

They're made by Allied Armament and the quality is top notch! The drum is coated with a ceramic type finish called "CeraKote"... I wondered why they were so affordable, I bought mine about a year ago and told a shooting buddy of mine who's got "an in" with Beta Mag Co... he told me a year ago that the reason the AA 50 round mag is so cheap, is that they're trying to flood the market with them as Beta was very close to having a 100 round drum come out... well that was a year ago, and still no .308 100 round Beta mag with a feed tower for an Hk/G3/PTR91 clone yet... I think Beta found the same problem... with all the Hk clones out there... too many variances to make a feed tower reliably fit all of them... as I wrote below, I had to have my 50 round AA drum modified to fit my PTR91. YMMV

I bought one for my JLD PTR91... The mag functions flawlessly, but is made to fit a genuine Hk brand weapon.

Even though JLD Enterprises (now known as simply "PTR91") bought the old Hk tooling machinery from the closed down Hk Portugal Facility, there are some very minor variances in the JLD/PTR91 weapons...

My drum would NOT seat into the mag well... it was a tight fit #1, after repeated insertions and removal (get your mind out of the gutter), enough of the CeraKote was worn to where it would go in the mag well easier (AA gives some simple instructions on how to 'balloon out' the magwell by stretching it out, I didn't have to do this)... but the mag catch wouldn't engage.

I didn't want to bugger it up and void the warranty, so I had a local gunsmith use a machining type tool to precisely remove about 1/32nd of metal from the mag catch shelf on the drum... now it goes in easy and the mag catch is sound/precise every time...

50 rounds of 308 goodness on a PTR91, with a Harris Bi-Pod on the end, shooting prone, the mag doesn't hit the ground... wish I'd have bought a few more of these mags.

It really is a great mag and I give it two thumbs up. For comparison, a genuine Hk .308 drum mag (if you can find one for sale) will set you back about $600 bucks or more!

Mark Ducati
04-08-2011, 05:13 PM
I notice they mention just about every HK91 variant or clone except the CETME? Wouldn't mind having one but man, one mag dump will run you what, $20+ in ammo.

Gas and tires baby! How about a 10 round mag dump through my 50 caliber Bushmaster BA-50? That's about a $40 dollar dump!

romak10/63UF
04-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Its just been a little while since i saw a g3 50 round mag the cetme was a g3 clone...

I have been looking all over for the glock 21 drum just like the one on youtube an it looks like there all sold out...

deth502
04-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Its just been a little while since i saw a g3 50 round mag the cetme was a g3 clone...

I have been looking all over for the glock 21 drum just like the one on youtube an it looks like there all sold out...

the g3 was a cetme clone.

O.S.O.K.
04-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Very cool and the price is really good for that IMHO.

Mark Ducati
04-10-2011, 11:01 AM

Romak, a G21 drum? I never heard of a drum for a Glock other than the original StonyCreek Armory drums that were for 9mm.... is the G21 drum for a G21 strictly or will it fit a G21SF (slim frame)? I don't know if the G21 and G21SF mags are the same or not. The only thing I could find on the web about a G21 drum is one made by "ProMag".... ProMag doesn't have that great of a reputation as a mag builder... I wonder what the quality and functionality of their G21 would be?

I bought the extension for my G21SF mag... it was only like $30 bucks IIRC and I now have a 30 round stick mag...

deth502
04-10-2011, 04:56 PM
i took it he was talking about the promag drum, afaik, they were never really produced due to functioning problems, but then again, they released the 10/22 drum and ive heard of nothing but problems with those as well.