PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to start a rumor....but.........

Dan44
08-01-2010, 06:03 PM
At the Chantilly VA show I talked with Dan Tobin and he stated that he has just recieved a large shipment of Yugo Mausers. 48, 48A 98k and some RC mausers in the shipment. It will take a couple or so months before they are for sale. So keep an eye out.

O.S.O.K.
08-01-2010, 06:07 PM
And Dan Tobin is with...._________?

Dan44
08-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Dans Ammo....top guy to deal with. I first dealt with Dan about 10 years ago. I purchased a Springfield Armory FAL new with NO accessories. I needed mags, sling, bayonet and a blank firing attachment. He put together a deal for me with surplus Imbel parts. It completed my rifle, since then I purchased a few C&R pistols (he has some of the best prices) and a ton of ammo. I call him to see if he will be at a certain show and he will bring what I want at a lower price (some times) with NO shipping. Great seller. PA and VA shows.

O.S.O.K.
08-01-2010, 06:38 PM
OK, now we got a proper rumor going. ;)

aliceinchains
08-02-2010, 03:06 PM
So are these rifles going to be available just at his gunshow stand.

Dan44
08-02-2010, 05:24 PM
No, I'm sure he'll have them online also.

Hammerstrike44
08-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Hey Dan44, Thanks for the head's up. I collect Mausers and all their variants and these Yugos are in some of the best condition of any Mausers I can find. The German 98k has been abused in some form or another before you actually get your hands on one. (Russian captured and full of cosmoline, passed through about 20 owners before you get your dinked up, black wood rifle.) I went to an estate sale for a deceased career military officer in Killeen, Texas (Fort Hood) and he had about 60 Ger. 98k's in pristine condition, originals, some sniper rifles, the Panzer 98k short carbine, several other variants as well. I bought two German Ger 98k's and two Yugo 98k's with the straight bolt and these are some of the best shooting rifles I own. Please PM me when these rifles are about to go on sale. I have flown to a gun auction in Phoenix Arizona, where some of the famous German sniper Max Koning's Mausers were being auctioned by his family. Apparently, his family had no problem inheriting the German snipers considerable wealth, but objected to owning his collection of Mausers which were stamped with his name and the number of kills below that. I bought one for $24,000 (which was a bonus from my employer for winning a large money verdict) I jumped too soon because this rifle was the first one up and each consecutive rifle had more kills and hence more collector value. My rifle had 26 on it. The next one had 51. I was sick. The last had 126 and sold for less than mine did.
At the Chantilly VA show I talked with Dan Tobin and he stated that he has just recieved a large shipment of Yugo Mausers. 48, 48A 98k and some RC mausers in the shipment. It will take a couple or so months before they are for sale. So keep an eye out.

NATIONALIST
12-06-2010, 11:37 PM
thats great news ! i could use another RC mauser my last one is only half peaned. i would like to get a none peaned rifle next.

Hobe Sound AK
12-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Dan can you ask him for me, if he has a M-48A or M-48B MADE in 1956?(Close to April 8th) I also sent him an Email, but you know him.

Dan44
01-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Old thread.