PDA

View Full Version : Another good law for Arizona

davepool
08-01-2010, 06:39 PM
With all the hubbub in the media about SB1070,Arizonas right to carry law SB1108 quietly slipped under the radar thursday and went into effect.It means i don't need the gubmints permission and approval to carry a gun concealed when i feel like it. We are one of three states that allow this. WOOHOO.

swampdragon
08-01-2010, 06:43 PM
With all the hubbub in the media about SB1070,Arizonas right to carry law SB1108 quietly slipped under the radar thursday and went into effect.It means i don't need the gubmints permission and approval to carry a gun concealed when i feel like it. We are one of three states that allow this. WOOHOO.

Congrats!

What are the other 2 states?

Blacksmith
08-01-2010, 06:45 PM

It also exempts any firearms produced in AZ from federal laws. a few slight changes to our state laws and we might just be able to own currently produced machine guns. :happy:

davepool
08-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Alaska and Vermont

I never liked the idea of sending my fingerprints and personnal info off to some f'd up agency, hell they know enough about me already.

Blacksmith
08-01-2010, 07:01 PM
This is a good read about it.
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?542-AZ-Concealed-weapons-permit-training-requirement-ends-Thursday

davepool
08-01-2010, 07:11 PM
oops, guess i should have done a search.

Blacksmith
08-01-2010, 07:31 PM
oops, guess i should have done a search.
I was glad to see it pop up in GD.
everyone was preoccupied with our immigration laws and this just never got a proper discussion going.

Gunreference1
08-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Congrats!

What are the other 2 states?

Alaska & Vermont.

Steve

swampdragon
08-01-2010, 08:58 PM
I always thought Vermont was a blue state for some reason. Never been there.

davepool
08-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I was glad to see it pop up in GD.
everyone was preoccupied with our immigration laws and this just never got a proper discussion going.

The concern was mentioned in the other thread that due to this law stupid people with no gun handling skills will now carry a concealed gun and i'm sure that there will be,just as there are now. Taking a concealed carry class does not a competent gun handler make. The class is a registration scheme. For me the law is about exercising my rights any way I chose whether concealed or open carry. I get a little pissed when i'm told my right to carry my gun concealed hinges on someones fear of stupid people. Living in a society where personnal liberty is respected carries certain risks AND responsibilities and i shy away from neither.

swampdragon
08-01-2010, 09:32 PM
The concern was mentioned in the other thread that due to this law stupid people with no gun handling skills will now carry a concealed gun and i'm sure that there will be,just as there are now. Taking a concealed carry class does not a competent gun handler make. The class is a registration scheme. For me the law is about exercising my rights any way I chose whether concealed or open carry. I get a little pissed when i'm told my right to carry my gun concealed hinges on someones fear of stupid people. Living in a society where personnal liberty is respected carries certain risks AND responsibilities and i shy away from neither.

:thumbsup:

AKTexas
08-01-2010, 09:49 PM

Plus Uno!

Blacksmith
08-02-2010, 04:02 PM
:thumbsup:
Even though the CCW was a violation of our rights. I backed the legislation that put it into place. The reason I backed it was simply because it was illegal to carry a gun concealed in AZ. The CCW changed that. The way I see it, it took us a long time and several little laws to change the “Right to bear arms” into the “Privilege to bear arms” and it will take a long time and several little laws to change it back.
This was a giant step in the right direction. and IMO it is time to move forward and allow the residence of AZ to own AZ built fully automatic weapons. even if they slapped a $500 transfer fee on them, it would still be better than what we have. and we could always work on that violation later.