PDA

View Full Version : Ca. Legal AK47 Milled Polish Rifle - Help

TheRep
04-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Hello again. Anybody have any experience with this rifle?: Milled AK Rifle 1960 , 762 x 39 semi auto , these affordable Milled rifles are built in the US based on imported Polish Parts kits , featuring solid milled receiver for increased accuracy , a slant cut muzzle brake . Includes one correct type 1 bayonet which fits the rifle. It has no standard bayonet lug and does not use the standard AK bayonet. This firearm was assembled by Century Arms International using both new US made parts and original used surplus parts. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

FunkyPertwee
04-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Cali legal AKs usually have a device mounted over the magazine release which causes the operator to require a tool (usually the tip of a bullet will do) to remove the magazine. This redefines the weapon as having a fixed magazine, making it legal to use with ten round magazines or pre-ban "high-capacity" magazines.

California legal rifles usually cost more because you have to pay an out of state gunsmith to make it legal and then ship it to you. There are some places that specialize in this but I can't think of any of them.

Oh, and the milled Century "Polish" rifles seem to have a good reputation.

FunkyPertwee
04-09-2011, 04:24 PM
And as someone else mentioned in another thread, its faster to reload a ten round SKS with stripper clips than to change mags on a cali legal AK. Then you have to consider that without pre-ban hi-cap mags, you lose the advantage of the detachable mags anyway.

So my advice is that unless you really need a scope, or your a collector fixed on getting an AK, you might find the SKS rifle to be more practical for your needs. I know I'd prefer an SKS over an excessively neutered AK.

TheRep
04-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Cali legal AKs usually have a device mounted over the magazine release which causes the operator to require a tool (usually the tip of a bullet will do) to remove the magazine. This redefines the weapon as having a fixed magazine, making it legal to use with ten round magazines or pre-ban "high-capacity" magazines.

California legal rifles usually cost more because you have to pay an out of state gunsmith to make it legal and then ship it to you. There are some places that specialize in this but I can't think of any of them.

Oh, and the milled Century "Polish" rifles seem to have a good reputation.

Thank you so much for the info. Looks like I may have found my girl. Now just waiting to hear from the store to see if they have it in their inventory & ready for sale. By the way, the butt stock on these units can be removed & upgraded? Do you know if standard 30 round AK mags fit? I know it may be illegalin Cali, but I'm just asking so I can educate myself. I want to stay legal of course. Thanks again.

Full Otto
04-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I did a search for that bullet button since it was new to me. There are a few video's on youtube with some tricks on how to speed up mag changes.
There are quite a few good comments on them too you should check out

AKTexas
04-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Something like this? Oops wrong rifle, this is not milled.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/elrojo14/TPF/azexak47.jpg

FunkyPertwee
04-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Thank you so much for the info. Looks like I may have found my girl. Now just waiting to hear from the store to see if they have it in their inventory & ready for sale. By the way, the butt stock on these units can be removed & upgraded? Do you know if standard 30 round AK mags fit? I know it may be illegalin Cali, but I'm just asking so I can educate myself. I want to stay legal of course. Thanks again.

Yes, they should fit, however in Kali you'll have to find them that have been in the state since before 1989 or some other date.

TheRep
04-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Yes, they should fit, however in Kali you'll have to find them that have been in the state since before 1989 or some other date.

Thanks guys for the quick responses. I have been doing some research on that bullet tip relaese mechanism. Since this will be my first firearm ever, I do want it to be an AK and in Cali, that's the price you have to pay. Oh well, I'm not looking to be a sharp shooter or set out to do some damage. Just looking for an AK that has upgrade possibilities, for when the zombies attack and its every man for themselves. Lol!

romak10/63UF
04-09-2011, 10:54 PM
by the time it takes you to reload that silly fixed 10 round mag on your ak47 you could of let loose 30 rounds from a sks useing the stripper clips. Trust me i use to live in California i was born an raised there for 21 years my first gun was a sks... Romanian...

TheRep
04-10-2011, 05:52 AM
by the time it takes you to reload that silly fixed 10 round mag on your ak47 you could of let loose 30 rounds from a sks useing the stripper clips. Trust me i use to live in California i was born an raised there for 21 years my first gun was a sks... Romanian...

Checked out the SKS. Its a really nice rifle, but different strokes, for different folks. Did some reading on the SKS rifles. Found out some interesting facts. Im a newbie with all this, so I just read and read and read some more. Yes its true, that Cal legal fixed 10 round mag AK 47s are lame, but thats the price you pay to live in Cali. But I state my case again, when the shite hits the fan, no one will think that the AK, With Upgrade Possibilities, will be too silly. But of course, all laws regarding firearms must be followed. Zombies will never attack and society will always remain civilized. Lol... Its late in Cali now. good night and thanks to all. Happy Shooting!

romak10/63UF
04-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Your not fully understanding california has a state rule of no high cap magazines. So your dreams of a 30 rounds mag or 75 drum are gone... Even if you illegally take off the magazine restricker you just commited a commie-fornia felony... not like i give a damn , but honestly if you do plan of doing this kida of stuff you will need to travel out of state say to AZ or UT to pick up some double stack 30 round mags.

No you can not order them an have them shiped to you in california...

Good luck on what you choose , but the SKS has alot of option you can upgrade too just like the ak47.. " side folding stock " muzzle brake an hell you could even get one of the zytel 30 round magazines that fit on the sks... note " its still " illegal " in commiefornia to own anything over a 10 round mag...

TheRep
04-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Your not fully understanding california has a state rule of no high cap magazines. So your dreams of a 30 rounds mag or 75 drum are gone... Even if you illegally take off the magazine restricker you just commited a commie-fornia felony... not like i give a damn , but honestly if you do plan of doing this kida of stuff you will need to travel out of state say to AZ or UT to pick up some double stack 30 round mags.

No you can not order them an have them shiped to you in california...

Good luck on what you choose , but the SKS has alot of option you can upgrade too just like the ak47.. " side folding stock " muzzle brake an hell you could even get one of the zytel 30 round magazines that fit on the sks... note " its still " illegal " in commiefornia to own anything over a 10 round mag...

My friend, I couldn't agree with you more. Isn't living in Cali great! :]

romak10/63UF
04-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Well hear you go ! If you insist on a ak47 hear is the link to one of the cheapest ones i have found so far... Good luck...http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=224322316

TheRep
04-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Well hear you go ! If you insist on a ak47 hear is the link to one of the cheapest ones i have found so far... Good luck...http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=224322316

Hey, thanks a lot. That's real koo of you. Will definately check it out. Found a shop up in SAC that has some Romies & Polishs in stock. Gonna take the drive up there sometime this week & see if it pans out. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!