PDA

View Full Version : wolf ammo "notice" ???

deth502
04-10-2011, 08:21 AM
just ran across this

http://www.wolfammo.com/pdf/WOLF_Packaging_Alert.pdf

We are aware of confusion in the ammunition market place regarding
authenticWOLF Ammunition. To clarify, please read the following:

Herter’s is Not WOLF Brand Ammunition
Tulammo is Not WOLF Brand Ammunition
Ulyanovsk (White Box) is Not WOLF Brand Ammunition.

Most importantly, the above brands are not covered by WOLF’s 100% Performance
Guarantee.

It has been brought to our attention that the listed Brands have had ammunition with the WOLF headstamp in their packaging.

If you are in possession of this mislabeled product, please call WOLF
at 888-757-WOLF (9653) so that we may exchange it out for authentic WOLF
Performance Ammunition that is 100% Performance Guaranteed. WOLF will take care
of the shipping cost and give you a complimentary WOLF T-shirt for your support.

i dont get it? if its NOT their ammo, and they didnt make it, why are they offering a free exchange?

cevulirn
04-10-2011, 08:52 AM
'Cause it's all made in the same place, and they want to protect the WOLF brand? Mayhaps the wolf headstamped ammo in the other boxes didn't get the same quality check as the proper WOLF ammo. Well, that's my guess.

Zoff12
04-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Either that... or building a case against the "other brand" distributor for misrepresentation.

deth502
04-10-2011, 09:32 AM
i can see that, zoff, but to the case of it not being qc'd like it should, thats what i was thinking, but again, if they didnt make it, and therefore, they werent responcible for it, why would they fix another companies fuck-ups on their dime?

O.S.O.K.
04-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Interesting.

Tula is indeed the manufacturer of Wolf.

Wolf is a brand... it would probably answer our questions if we knew the actual relationship and ownership of these different concerns.

Wolf must be a marketing company and not the actual manufacturer of the ammo.

This sounds like they are gathering evidence to use against their supplier to prove that the supplier is breaking contract and packing their brand into other marketing company's products.

These other companies are selling the ammo for a bit less than Wolf, who has spent a lot on building the Wolf brand.

If this is the case, I can see why they'd be pissed.

FunkyPertwee
04-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Sounds like post-communism confusion. Its probably hard to determine who really owns something that was publicly owned not many years ago.

romak10/63UF
04-10-2011, 03:47 PM
I have only used wolf ammo since i have ever bought my ak-47s an sks's....

(AK)1000shots
06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
It seems rather confusing, but from what I understand, Tula made most of the Wolf ammo, with Ulyanovsk making Wolf MC. I think the issue is with head stamps and re-packaged boxes.

Maybe some of the stamping that was supposed to be Wolf exclusively, ended up not being used and then sold under the other brands, but the casing still has the Wolf stamp? I don't really know, but regardless, I don't think you'll see a performance difference either way.

On a side note, I have Uly ammo, and it's been beautiful through my WASR.

Schuetzenman
06-07-2011, 07:52 PM
I heard something about this when I was at a gun show this weekend. The powder / reloading supplies dealer said that Wolf is a trade name that is controled by an Import company. He furter said that Tula has become dissatisfied with the agreement and is breaking off from the importer and bringing in their ammo themselves some how. What brought up the topic was he had Tula branded primers and I asked aren't these the Wolf brand primers and he said yes plus the rest of it I just went over.