PDA

View Full Version : Funny commercial.Something to lighten the mood around here.

AKTexas
08-01-2010, 09:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9LzeDg8z-M

mriddick
08-01-2010, 09:24 PM
I've seen that on TV, what's the deal with the rattle anyway?

AKTexas
08-01-2010, 09:25 PM
An example of half ass repair jobs.

davepool
08-01-2010, 09:51 PM
When i was a little kid growing up in the desert i actually thought that if i ran into a rattlesnake it would sound something like the one in the commercial....didn't alert on the sound the first time i heard it while hunting and almost stepped on the sucker

mustangpd
08-01-2010, 09:57 PM
that was funny :)

AKTexas
08-01-2010, 09:59 PM
When i was a little kid growing up in the desert i actually thought that if i ran into a rattlesnake it would sound something like the one in the commercial....didn't alert on the sound the first time i heard it while hunting and almost stepped on the sucker

I have a killed my fair share of rattle snakes on the road and like you I did not recognize the sound.My ex and I came back from the range with the kids.My aunt's little
dog was outside greeting us.He began to bark just forward of our car about 2 feet out.My ex asked what was that buzzing sound?I looked and saw my aunt's dog all puffed up and barking in toward a post.

I looked down and saw a rattle snake coiled up and ready to strike.The little dog did not ever get close but had the snake riled enough and focused on him.My ex called the dog to her and I put two rounds of .380 gold dots in the head once he was clear.

The snake once stretched out was over 3 feet,just a little guy.

L1A1Rocker
08-01-2010, 10:23 PM
That is a funny comercial. Some states have laws on the books though that will allow you to insist that OEM parts be used in repairs. I ran into this a few years ago when someone hit my car. Their insurance company sent me to get an estimate at their "approved" repair center. While there I insisted that the estamite be made with OEM parts only. Got a little bit of lip from the lady at the counter about it and reminder her that failure to comply with my request is a violation of Texas law. They were going to do the estimate with cheep chinese made body panals that are prone to rust. Not no, but HELL no!

slamfire51
08-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Here in TN, it's illegal to kill vipers. I really don't understand the reasoning behind this law, but bet your ass I'd kill one if I ran up on one while hunting or hiking.

Better them than me.

davepool
08-01-2010, 11:00 PM
I have a killed my fair share of rattle snakes on the road and like you I did not recognize the sound.My ex and I came back from the range with the kids.My aunt's little
dog was outside greeting us.He began to bark just forward of our car about 2 feet out.My ex asked what was that buzzing sound?I looked and saw my aunt's dog all puffed up and barking in toward a post.

I looked down and saw a rattle snake coiled up and ready to strike.The little dog did not ever get close but had the snake riled enough and focused on him.My ex called the dog to her and I put two rounds of .380 gold dots in the head once he was clear.

The snake once stretched out was over 3 feet,just a little guy.

On the day of that first encounter i learned something from my grandpa that i've only had to use once since. He stuck the barrel of my .22 as close to the snakes head as he could,about 12'', and pulled the trigger and hit it in the head. I thought he was an amazing shot but he explained that a rattlesnake will line it's head up to the closet threat so he didn't need to aim,the snake did it for him

AKTexas
08-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Here in TN, it's illegal to kill vipers. I really don't understand the reasoning behind this law, but bet your ass I'd kill one if I ran up on one while hunting or hiking.

Better them than me.

That is asinine!If I don't come across them they live,in my AO or on the road they are food for the buzzards.

On the day of that first encounter i learned something from my grandpa that i've only had to use once since. He stuck the barrel of my .22 as close to the snakes head as he could,about 12'', and pulled the trigger and hit it in the head. I thought he was an amazing shot but he explained that a rattlesnake will line it's head up to the closet threat so he didn't need to aim,the snake did it for him

Now I learned something new.Never knew that.

JTHunter
08-02-2010, 12:36 AM

Sounds like the same type of laws that say we have let the "undocumenteds" in and make them welcome (and pay for their meds, food, learn their language, etc.).