PDA

View Full Version : Racism or Stupidity

old Grump
08-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Racism or Stupidity
by Walter E. Williams

A black or white person, now dead, who lived during the civil rights struggles of the 1930s, '40s or '50s, might very well be appalled and disgusted by black behavior accepted today. Yesteryear, it was the Klan or White Citizens Council who showed up at polling places to intimidate black voters. During the 2008 elections, it was the New Black Panthers who showed up at a Philadelphia polling place to intimidate white voters and tell them, "You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker." What's worse is the U.S. Department of Justice has decided to not to prosecute.

Black intimidation of voters, to my knowledge, is rare, but black intimidation of Asians is not. Recent reports out of Philadelphia and San Francisco tell of black students beating up Asian students. The Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund, in the wake of serious black-on-Asian violence at South Philadelphia High School, charged the district with "deliberate indifference" to the harassment of Asian students and with "intentional disregard" for their welfare.

The violence is not restricted to Asian youngsters. Asian adults are included, such as the recent bludgeoning to death of an 83-year-old Chinese man in San Francisco and the pushing of a 57-year-old Asian lady onto Muni subway tracks.

A white Charleston, S.C. teacher frequently complained of black students calling her: white b----, white m-----f-----, white c--- and white ho. Most people would judge that to be racism and demand it to end. Charleston school officials told the teacher this racially charged profanity was simply part of the students' culture, and if she couldn't handle it, she was in the wrong school. The teacher brought a harassment suit and the school district settled out of court for $200,000.

What about black youngsters who hit the books and study after school instead of hitting the streets? Sometimes they are ridiculed as being incog-negro or acting white and the ridicule is often accompanied with life-threatening physical violence. Many blacks, particularly black males, have arrived at the devastating conclusion that academic excellence is a betrayal of their black identity.

The pathology seen among a large segment of the black population is not likely to change because it's not seen for what it is. It has little to do with slavery, poverty and racial discrimination. Let's look at it. Today's black illegitimacy rate is about 70 percent. When I was a youngster, during the 1940s, illegitimacy was around 15 percent. In the same period, about 80 percent of black children were born inside marriage. In fact, historian Herbert Gutman, in "Persistent Myths about the Afro-American Family" in the Journal of Interdisciplinary History (Autumn 1975), reports the percentage of black two-parent families, depending on the city, ranged 75 to 90 percent. Today, only 35 percent of black children are raised in two-parent households. The importance of these and other statistics showing greater stability and less pathology among blacks in earlier periods is that they put a lie to today's excuses. Namely, at a time when blacks were closer to slavery, faced far more discrimination, more poverty and had fewer opportunities, there was not the kind of chaos, violence, family breakdown and black racism that we see today.

Intellectuals and political hustlers who blame the plight of so many blacks on poverty, discrimination and the "legacy of slavery" are complicit in the socioeconomic and moral decay. But as Booker T. Washington suggested, "There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs – partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs."

July 28, 2010

Can't for the life of me think what group Mr. Williams could possibly be referring to. It wouldn't be a civil rights group who won their fight in 1964. Now with delusions of adequacy they are taking on anybody who might be prosecuting criminals under the good solid reasoning that if the criminal is not Caucasian they must be innocent and the prosecution is really racial persecution.

Thank goodness we have a fearless leader of great resolve and a firm hand on the tiller of the state. Under his leadership we have left racism in the dust bin of history. I know it's so because oh oh. I forgot about his speech to the National Lawyers Guild.

In his speech, Sen. Obama credited the civil rights movement for the progress we have made in overcoming racism. "But race is an issue that I believe this nation cannot afford to ignore right now," he said, citing segregated, inferior schools that continue to exist 50 years after Brown v. Board of Education.

Oh well, at least his wife is finally proud that she is an American.

At least he likes Hispanics. Obama said the recent Senate immigration debate “was both ugly and racist in a way we haven’t see since the struggle for civil rights.” !! Obama told La Raza that the mass protests lately of for immigration rights of Mexicans is equal in greatness to the civil rights protest of the past!!

So if we give the alien invaders from south of the border the same rights we will soon have a superior class of Hispanics whose best defense against prosecution for crimes is it must be racially motivated therefore they are innocent and we should just give them what they think they deserve. I have to admit it doesn't make much sense to me. Is there a liberal out there who can explain it to me.

Were we so wrong 100 years ago when immigrants who came to this country had to learn the language, swear allegiance to our flag and vow to obey our laws. Was it wrong that they worked hard, paid their taxes and learned to fit into our society. Instead they set up their own society, fly their old country flag, use their old country language and castigate anybody who disapproves with charges of racism.

Black or brown I am sick of it.

American Rage
08-01-2010, 09:39 PM
There's quite a few brilliant black conservatives, but the media refuses to let them be heard, b/c they want to keep blacks in the liberals pocket.

Alan Keyes is a great example. I'd vote for him POTUS today!

Rage

davepool
08-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Well said!

L1A1Rocker
08-01-2010, 09:42 PM
There's quite a few brilliant black conservatives, but the media refuses to let them be heard, b/c they want to keep blacks in the liberals pocket.

Alan Keyes is a great example. I'd vote for him POTUS today!

Rage

Yep, and I would have voted for Condalisa Rice had she run.

swampdragon
08-01-2010, 09:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Swampdragon/bcd25cea.jpg

American Rage
08-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Yep, and I would have voted for Condalisa Rice had she run.

Yep, instead she was a victime of character assassination by the press.

Rage

AKTexas
08-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm sick of the double standard.I agree with you OG.

davepool
08-01-2010, 10:00 PM

This place just woudn't be the same without you :)

American Rage
08-01-2010, 10:01 PM
I only have one fault with what Old Grump stated, specifically this isn't the fault of the hispanics or the blacks, BUT THE WHITE LIBERALS!

And it's the 'white liberals' that should pay the most for their crimes against America!

Rage

AKTexas
08-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I only have one fault with what Old Grump stated, specifically this isn't the fault of the hispanics or the blacks, BUT THE WHITE LIBERALS!

And it's the 'white liberals' that should pay the most for their crimes against American Rage

Add the self hating white liberals that apologize for all the wrongs in the world.

El Jefe
08-01-2010, 10:13 PM
As I'm sure you understand Grump, it's both.

Any group that decides to imitate the very wrongs done to them in the past will eventually cry wolf one too many times. Also, any subculture that despises education will be dooming itself to poverty regardless of whats done for them.

Full Otto
08-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Happened to catch part four of a five part series that seems to fit well here. I found it here but can't really watch it so I hope it's the same it touches on how keeping racism alive is right out of Saul Alinsky's handbook. Touches on ACORN and a lot of what we see going on. It is on television this week but I don't think this part is real long

http://www.coralridge.org/medialibrary/default.aspx?mediaID=CRH1031_F

l921428x
08-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Plantation rule southern democrats.

JTHunter
08-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Nice piece B.
Here are some "fun" items. :firedevil:

American Rage
08-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Happened to catch part four of a five part series that seems to fit well here. I found it here but can't really watch it so I hope it's the same it touches on how keeping racism alive is right out of Saul Alinsky's handbook. Touches on ACORN and a lot of what we see going on. It is on television this week but I don't think this part is real long

http://www.coralridge.org/medialibrary/default.aspx?mediaID=CRH1031_F

Thanks that's worth watching.

Rage

Krupski
08-02-2010, 10:27 AM

Sorry... Dr. Zahi Hawass recently proved that the pyramids were not built by slaves, but by well taken care of "workers" who were respected and appreciated. The workers were also given burials near the pyramid... something they would NEVER do for a slave.

Frankly, I think aliens were involved... the pyramids are 15,000 years old... 15,000 years ago the 3 pyramids pointed perfectly to the 3 stars in Orion's belt... the angles of the pyramids are, within a FRACTION of a degree, exactly the same as a calcium carbonate molecule (limestone) which is what the pyramids are made of.

A pyramid is a huge MODEL of the molecule it's made of!

Too high tech for the era. Aliens must have been involved.

swampdragon
08-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Sorry... Dr. Zahi Hawass recently proved that the pyramids were not built by slaves, but by well taken care of "workers" who were respected and appreciated. The workers were also given burials near the pyramid... something they would NEVER do for a slave.

Frankly, I think aliens were involved... the pyramids are 15,000 years old... 15,000 years ago the 3 pyramids pointed perfectly to the 3 stars in Orion's belt... the angles of the pyramids are, within a FRACTION of a degree, exactly the same as a calcium carbonate molecule (limestone) which is what the pyramids are made of.

A pyramid is a huge MODEL of the molecule it's made of!

Too high tech for the era. Aliens must have been involved.

There are lots of examples throughout history where slaves were also well cared for.
A lot of them were "purchased" and considered an investment.
Didn't Dr. HawASS figure this out yet?

Even in our own history here in the U.S., a lot of slaves, once set free, still stayed and worked for their previous "masters" simply because they "were" well cared for and had no desire to leave.
A lot of them were considered family.

old Grump
08-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Where in the article or in my comments did I state it was the fault of the two ethnic groups. I have always maintained that until LBJ's great Society the minority races were laboring under a handicap of racism but they were working, their motives the same as ours, to get ahead, to get their kids educated, to see that they were involved in their church and social groups and not with the criminal element.

Now they get free housing if they qualify and they get welfare if they qualify but one thing that disqualified them was a husband in the house drawing a paycheck. Most stuck it out and did the right thing but there are always some who will play the system and the more they played the system the better they got at it.

Children without fathers, without their church, without any incentive to work hard and stay in school when your friends are wearing expensive clothes running numbers and pushing dope and not having to worry about turning in their essay.

Life gets cheap, so cheap that they bred like rabbits to increase their checks. With the outlaws running the housing project buildings and the good people disarmed by law who would you look up to? Mama who doesn't have a gun and walks in fear or the kid next door with the shiny gun and new DVD player.

Now extend that, to anchor babies, mandatory health care and mandatory schooling for illegal immigrants. Why should they learn the language, become citizens or celebrate being American. They get what they need, they don't have to pay taxes and they worship the glories of the motherland while spitting in the face of the country who is feeding them, treating them and sending their bambino's to school on our dime, not theirs.

I know where the problem is. Rats who don't feel any need or pressure to fit in, Liberals who will bleed the working man to feed the poor illegal school children free lunches and the morons who vote for these bleeding heart Marxist wannabe's.

Come to this country and demand your rights from us? Fly your flag over ours? Demand free housing, jobs, and medical care as a right because you manged to sneak across the border and not get caught? Make us have to learn your language because its discriminating against you because you have to learn ours?

Not just blaming the Democrats in my little fit here either. The Democrats didn't start the insane war on drugs. The Democrats didn't make the penalty for being a user of drugs a felony thus filling up our prisons with crackheads, snorters and smokers instead of muggers, murderers and rapists. Nope that was the right wing bible quoting crack pots from the far right trying to legislate morality. So how is this war working out for us?

Almost as good as the last prohibition did instead of Mafia today we have Cartels. Big improvement...

ah hell, rant over.

Dr. Gonzo GED
08-02-2010, 03:56 PM
There are lots of examples throughout history where slaves were also well cared for.
A lot of them were "purchased" and considered an investment.
Didn't Dr. HawASS figure this out yet?

Even in our own history here in the U.S., a lot of slaves, once set free, still stayed and worked for their previous "masters" simply because they "were" well cared for and had no desire to leave.
A lot of them were considered family.
No kidding.

You don't starve a draft horse. You don'y give it a paycheck, or let it wander of on it's own either.

Same difference...

American Rage
08-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Where in the article or in my comments did I state it was the fault of the two ethnic groups. I have always maintained that until LBJ's great Society the minority races were laboring under a handicap of racism but they were working, their motives the same as ours, to get ahead, to get their kids educated, to see that they were involved in their church and social groups and not with the criminal element.

Now they get free housing if they qualify and they get welfare if they qualify but one thing that disqualified them was a husband in the house drawing a paycheck. Most stuck it out and did the right thing but there are always some who will play the system and the more they played the system the better they got at it.

Children without fathers, without their church, without any incentive to work hard and stay in school when your friends are wearing expensive clothes running numbers and pushing dope and not having to worry about turning in their essay.

Life gets cheap, so cheap that they bred like rabbits to increase their checks. With the outlaws running the housing project buildings and the good people disarmed by law who would you look up to? Mama who doesn't have a gun and walks in fear or the kid next door with the shiny gun and new DVD player.

Now extend that, to anchor babies, mandatory health care and mandatory schooling for illegal immigrants. Why should they learn the language, become citizens or celebrate being American. They get what they need, they don't have to pay taxes and they worship the glories of the motherland while spitting in the face of the country who is feeding them, treating them and sending their bambino's to school on our dime, not theirs.

I know where the problem is. Rats who don't feel any need or pressure to fit in, Liberals who will bleed the working man to feed the poor illegal school children free lunches and the morons who vote for these bleeding heart Marxist wannabe's.

Come to this country and demand your rights from us? Fly your flag over ours? Demand free housing, jobs, and medical care as a right because you manged to sneak across the border and not get caught? Make us have to learn your language because its discriminating against you because you have to learn ours?

Not just blaming the Democrats in my little fit here either. The Democrats didn't start the insane war on drugs. The Democrats didn't make the penalty for being a user of drugs a felony thus filling up our prisons with crackheads, snorters and smokers instead of muggers, murderers and rapists. Nope that was the right wing bible quoting crack pots from the far right trying to legislate morality. So how is this war working out for us?

Almost as good as the last prohibition did instead of Mafia today we have Cartels. Big improvement...

ah hell, rant over.

Sorry if my reading comprehesion was off the other night, I'd had a few.

rage

MOP
08-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Philadelphia is 1 screwed up city.........................They have government-run liquor stores.

swampdragon
08-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Philadelphia is 1 screwed up city.........................They have government-run liquor stores.

Do you buy your alcohol there with food stamps?
lol...

j/k

JTHunter
08-03-2010, 12:23 AM
OG - it isn't a "rant" if it is the truth!