PDA

View Full Version : Full / Folding stock

SweetPete
04-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Just wondering if all AKs full stock can be removed and replaced with a folding stock. How easy would this be? I'd really like a full NATO length stock but I think it would be cool to throw on the folder once in a while. Really looking at the SGL 21 but not 100%. Thanks for any replies.

filthy phil
04-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Just wondering if all AKs full stock can be removed and replaced with a folding stock. How easy would this be? I'd really like a full NATO length stock but I think it would be cool to throw on the folder once in a while. Really looking at the SGL 21 but not 100%. Thanks for any replies.

looked at the ace? galil style. 2 avail lengths. built very tough

Wild Bill
04-11-2011, 07:42 PM
there are side folding stocks available that can easily be interchange with a full stock.

romak10/63UF
04-12-2011, 12:51 AM
If you have your typical rear stock then you could buy one of these its a drop in eazy as 1,2,3... http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=224561308

If your gonna get a folding stock i would hurry up an buy one like this one or a tapco one....http://www.tapco.com/products/ak/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=32

I belive the metal romanian one is the better of the 2... but then again the tapco is 1/2 cheaper.... i have owned both an yes i agree the romanian is worth every penny...

the tapco side folder stock i think is made for much larger men above 6 foot tall...

xcatm
04-12-2011, 07:59 AM

The Ace Folder is a permanent mod, so there would be no switching back and forth. The E. German, Romanian, and Polish Wire Folders do allow switching back to a fixed stock, but aren't NATO length.