PDA

View Full Version : can anyone tell me if this is true ??

infidel.forever
08-02-2010, 07:28 AM
http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/News/National_News/BREAKING_MULTIPLE_RANCHES_IN_LAREDO_TX_TAKEN_OVER_ BY_LOS_ZETAS/31835

In what could be deemed an act of war against the sovereign borders of the United States, Mexican drug cartels have seized control of at least two American ranches inside the U.S. territory near Laredo, Texas.

Two sources inside the Laredo Police Department confirmed the incident is unfolding and they would continue to coordinate with U.S. Border Patrol today. “We consider this an act of war,” said one police officer on the ground near the scene. There is a news blackout of this incident at this time and the sources inside Laredo PD spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Word broke late last night that Laredo police have requested help from the federal government regarding the incursion by the Los Zetas. It appears that the ranch owners have escaped without incident but their ranches remain in the hands of the blood thirsty cartels.

Laredo Border Patrol is conducting aerial surveillance over the ranches to determine the best way to regain control of the U.S. ranches, according to the Laredo Police department.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

would appreciate any info on this

AKTexas
08-02-2010, 07:35 AM
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?551-Los-Zetas-reportedly-seizing-ranches-in-Texas

Read this one.

Mark Ducati
08-02-2010, 07:43 AM
“We consider this an act of war,”

This is kind of a stupid statement... maybe I'm taking it out of context... but if the police officer is referring to the "war on drugs", then it is appropriate.

If he was commenting that this is an act of war by the county of Mexico... well, unless the Mexican government made the drug cartel take over the ranch, then its just a home invasion by some illegal alien bad guys.

O.S.O.K.
08-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Internet rumor mill.

AKTexas
08-02-2010, 07:48 AM
This is kind of a stupid statement... maybe I'm taking it out of context... but if the police officer is referring to the "war on drugs", then it is appropriate.

If he was commenting that this is an act of war by the county of Mexico... well, unless the Mexican government made the drug cartel take over the ranch, then its just a home invasion by some illegal alien bad guys.

Any force invading and laying claim to our soil is an act of war,whether or not by a foreign nation.The mexican government may not be openly admitting to their involvement but who knows how involved they really are.This could be a covert operation to reclaim former mexican territory.

Personally the zetas,MS-13 and other lowlife gangs need to just be eradicated and without mercy.

El Jefe
08-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Internet rumor mill.

It would seem so. I ran across a couple blurbs on blogs about the alleged incident, but nothing concrete. So yes, just a rumor, I'd still like to know out of curiosity what got it started. Usually the stuff on Rantburg is reliable, but not 100% I guess.