PDA

View Full Version : God has a wife

bovver
04-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Curious as to what Christians and others think of this.

http://holyspirit-shekinah.org/_/sophia_lost_goddess_of_wisdom.htm

63DH8
04-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Congratulations are in order! Time for a hell of a party! :coffee:

macadore
04-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Eve was Adam's second wife. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

04-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Try reading it in the original Greek and see if you come to the same conclusion.
But then again, google and wiki are soooo much easier for the dim.

macadore
04-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Lighten up. I don't any of it seriously.

bovver
04-20-2011, 07:15 AM
Try reading it in the original Greek and see if you come to the same conclusion.

With people like you I see where people get their hate for christians.
Think before you type.

AKTexas
04-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Poor bastard.

04-20-2011, 08:14 AM
With people like you I see where people get their hate for christians.
Think before you type.
My guess is n00bs like you don't need any help with their "hate" for Christians.
See, I can make ignorant assumptions about you as well.

macadore
04-20-2011, 08:25 AM

On further thought, what am I supposed to read in the original Greek? What are you talking about?

04-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Original Greek translations of the Hebrew NT. Use an expanded translation of the Greek NT for a better flavor of the words then study deeper...maybe Kenneth Wuest's

The OP link quotes John 1 "John 1:1-3 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being."

(claiming that "the Word" is actually SHE, not HE, the feminine principle of Being?")

The original text suggests when John wrote (referring to Jesus) "and the Word was God" as "and as to His essence, absolute deity"......So if Jesus and God are one and to his essence, He (Jesus) is absolute deity, then according to the OP link, God and Jesus along with the Holy Spirit are feminie.

If one wants to believe in divine femininity, feel free.

macadore
04-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Original Greek translations of the Hebrew NT. Use an expanded translation of the Greek NT for a better flavor of the words then study deeper...maybe Kenneth Wuest's

We're discussing ancient Middle Eastern mythology. I don't believe Greek was a language when these myths were written. Whatever the New testament Greek might have to say about this would be a second hand translation at best.

bovver
04-20-2011, 03:31 PM
My guess is n00bs like you don't need any help with their "hate" for Christians.
See, I can make ignorant assumptions about you as well.

Thats funny.
Now Im a non-christian.
(I type this as Im about to get ready for wednesday bible study)
Glass houses Fanboy,Glass houses.

Try and start here John 8:3-6
And see if you can learn something there Fanboy.

macadore
04-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Hey 308, I know some scriptures too.

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Honestly, why are you so angry?

04-20-2011, 06:02 PM
n00b macadore, please explain where anything I typed expressed anger?
Or are you just interested in messing with the site admin today?

bovver, go back and read what you first typed out to me...an insult based upon an assumption of yours. Then read my response, it was a demonstration back to you about how when we make assumptions about each other without a history of knowing each other, we tend to be wrong.