PDA

View Full Version : Refilit

jojo
04-14-2011, 09:34 PM
People.... Thought I would share a lesson learned with you guys. You may already be aware of something called Refilit but here goes my story.

I had a filling come out of one of my teeth about 3 days ago and it has been killing me. I have an appointment to get it worked on in 4 days but honestly could not see how I was going to make it. I have been almost delirious from lack of sleep and pain with this thing. Been keeping aspirin on it and using Orajel like crazy and was about ready to get the pliers out. Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

A friend of mine stopped by with this tiny red canister of something called Refilit. It resembled chewing gum and the directions said to make a little ball and press it into where the filling used to be. 5 minutes later and there is almost no pain at all.

There are few things as annoying as a bad tooth so was thinking that a few canisters of this stuff in your kit bag might prove to be invaluable. Think each canister would do maybe 4-6 fillings. Not sure how long they last but I am a happy camper tonight and will certainly get me some sleep.

My friend said that there are 3 or 4 different kinds of this stuff some for when crowns come off, fillings and something else. I will be at CVS tomorrow getting me some stocked up.

old Grump
04-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Good thinking. I have 50 year old fillings in my teeth and if I lose one at the beginning of a long weekend it's a long wait till Monday morning. This is going to get found and stowed in my medicine cabinet. That bare naked exposed nerve really demands some attention until it gets covered up.

recon
04-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Hmmmmm.
http://www.majesticdrug.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=D-088

JTHunter
04-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Good thinking. I have 50 year old fillings in my teeth and if I lose one at the beginning of a long weekend it's a long wait till Monday morning. This is going to get found and stowed in my medicine cabinet. That bare naked exposed nerve really demands some attention until it gets covered up.

That makes 2 of us! In addition to an assortment of fillings, I have a 4-tooth bridge w/crowns on the outer 2 teeth, and 2 other crowns elsewhere.

Jojo - thanks for the info!

romak10/63UF
04-15-2011, 12:48 AM
I know the " filling " ha ha ha all jokes aside i had a filling that was 3/4th my tooth it came loose an the pain was unbarable... drinking cold water then warm water to help the nerves only made things worse.

O.S.O.K.
04-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Very interesting - thanks for the ups. You never know...

Partisan1983
04-17-2011, 05:36 PM
I've never heard of it until now. Thanx a bunch for the info :thumbsup: