PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

chiak47
08-02-2010, 11:05 AM
This is the same sheriff that was asking for donations from American citizens to help fight this war.
He said donations can be in the form of magazines and accessories for the AR/M4 along with molle gear. Cash is king though....

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/70324

Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

(CNSNews.com) – Pinal County (Ariz.) Sheriff Paul Babeu is hopping mad at the federal government.

Babeu told CNSNews.com that rather than help law enforcement in Arizona stop the hundreds of thousands of people who come into the United States illegally, the federal government is targeting the state and its law enforcement personnel.

“What’s very troubling is the fact that at a time when we in law enforcement and our state need help from the federal government, instead of sending help they put up billboard-size signs warning our citizens to stay out of the desert in my county because of dangerous drug and human smuggling and weapons and bandits and all these other things and then, behind that, they drag us into court with the ACLU,” Babeu said.

The sheriff was referring to the law suits filed by the American Civil Liberties Union and the U.S. Department of Justice challenging the state’s new immigration law.

“So who has partnered with the ACLU?” Babeu said in a telephone interview with CNSNews.com. “It’s the president and (Attorney General) Eric Holder himself. And that’s simply outrageous.”

Last week, U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton placed a temporary injunction on portions of the bill that allowed law enforcement personnel during the course of a criminal investigation who have probable cause to think an individual is in the country illegally to check immigration status. The state of Arizona filed an appeal on Thursday with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

“Our own government has become our enemy and is taking us to court at a time when we need help,” Babeu said.

Babeu and Sheriff Larry Dever of Cochise County Ariz., spoke by phone with CNSNews.com last week about the May 17 ACLU class-action lawsuit, which charges the law uses racial profiling and named the county attorneys and sheriffs in all 15 Arizona counties as defendants. The Department of Justice filed a lawsuit on July 6, charging the Arizona law preempted the federal government’s sole right to enforce immigration law.

“If the president would do his job and secure the border; send 3,000 armed soldiers to the Arizona border and stop the illegal immigration and the drug smuggling and the violence, we wouldn’t even be in this position and where we’re forced to take matters into our own hands,” Babeu said.
Dever said the federal government’s failure to secure the border and its current thwarting of Arizona’s effort to control illegal immigration within its borders has implications for the entire country.

“The bigger picture is while what’s going on in Arizona is critically important, what comes out of this and happens here will affect our entire nation in terms of our ability to protect our citizenry from a very serious homeland security threat,” Dever said. “People who are coming across the border in my county aren’t staying there. They’re going everywhere USA and a lot of them are bad, bad people.”

According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), about 250,000 people were detained in Arizona in the last 12 months for being in the country illegally. Babeu said that that number only reflects the number of people detained and that thousands more enter the country illegally each year.

The CBP also reports that 17 percent of those detained already have a criminal record in the United States.

Both Babeu and Dever said they want to remain involved in the legal battle over the law, which many experts predict will end up being decided by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Dever has hired an independent attorney to represent him in the ACLU case and his attorney has already filed a motion of intervention in the DOJ lawsuit so the “(Dever) will have a seat at the table.”

A Web site also has been launched by the non-profit, Iowa-based Legacy Foundation to raise money for the Babeu’s and Dever’s legal defense.

Both men said they believe the outcome of the case has national significance.“For us, this is a public safety matter and a national security threat,” Babeu said.

swampdragon
08-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Fuck Obama.
Fuck Holder.
Fuck the ACLU.

It's time to start bitch slapping people on national TV.

Moebrown20
08-02-2010, 12:18 PM

That reminds me of a movie part in "Head of state."
Go to the 6:00 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us-I2wwbU4k&feature=related

swampdragon
08-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Ha ha ha ha.
Slappin' people right off the bat.
I love it!

:roflmao:

L1A1Rocker
08-02-2010, 12:39 PM
The .gov has gone from ignoring the problem to assisting the problem by blocking those that won't, and can't, ignore it. The AZ governer should call up the volenter militia and put them on on static posts along the border with orders to shoot all invadersl. As I understand it that is what our current military is doing on forign countries right now to protect their borders.

Blacksmith
08-02-2010, 12:56 PM
“What’s very troubling is the fact that at a time when we in law enforcement and our state need help from the federal government, instead of sending help they put up billboard-size signs warning our citizens to stay out of the desert in my county because of dangerous drug and human smuggling and weapons and bandits and all these other things and then, behind that, they drag us into court with the ACLU,” Babeu said.

I’m stuck right in the middle of this. and in all honesty I don’t know which is a bigger threat to us. we have the Mexican government using our state for a dump and a source of easy income. every drug and low life imaginable is sent here.
On the other side we have the US government forcing us to put up with it. and a butch of traitors trying to sue us for just trying to survive. :thumbsdown:

swampdragon
08-02-2010, 12:59 PM
The .gov has gone from ignoring the problem to assisting the problem by blocking those that won't, and can't, ignore it. The AZ governer should call up the volenter militia and put them on on static posts along the border with orders to shoot all invadersl. As I understand it that is what our current military is doing on forign countries right now to protect their borders.

That makes sense....so it will never happen.

Krupski
08-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Fuck Obama.
Fuck Holder.
Fuck the ACLU.

It's time to start shooting the illegals and anyone else who gets in the way. The wetbacks would get the idea REAL quick. (Can I say "wetback" here?)

ubersoldate
08-02-2010, 01:06 PM
I’m stuck right in the middle of this. and in all honesty I don’t know which is a bigger threat to us. we have the Mexican government using our state for a dump and a source of easy income. every drug and low life imaginable is sent here.
On the other side we have the US government forcing us to put up with it. and a butch of traitors trying to sue us for just trying to survive. :thumbsdown:

Well said, and down right scary.
Makes me ashamed to live in this country with this government.

Dr. Gonzo GED
08-02-2010, 01:07 PM
The big disconnect between our government and our society is starting to manifest in deed and not just words these days.

Who thinks the union will survive another decade?

I personally wouldn't mind being a proud citizen of Cascadia if it came down to it...

matshock
08-02-2010, 01:21 PM

This puts Obama et. all in a defacto alliance with the cartels and Lady Gaga. The cartels put $1M on Sherrif Joe's head today.

I hope Joe puts that .50 cal of his to use soon.

swampdragon
08-02-2010, 01:34 PM
The big disconnect between our government and our society is starting to manifest in deed and not just words these days.

Who thinks the union will survive another decade?

I personally wouldn't mind being a proud citizen of Cascadia if it came down to it...

I just learned something new today.
I had never heard of Cascadia before...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_%28independence_movement%29

Moebrown20
08-02-2010, 01:44 PM
I just learned something new today.
I had never heard of Cascadia before...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_%28independence_movement%29

1+

Leave it up to Lord Gonzo Jesus to show us the way.

Dr. Gonzo GED
08-02-2010, 02:31 PM
1+

Leave it up to Lord Gonzo Jesus to show us the way.
Did you know I can turn water in Bud Lite? ;)

Moebrown20
08-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Did you know I can turn water in Bud Lite? ;)

Bud light... sheesh. No wine or vodka?

davepool
08-02-2010, 02:46 PM

The only way that the government will send troops to the border will be to protect the illegals, if a militiaman happens to shoot one of them.

Blacksmith
08-02-2010, 03:19 PM
This puts Obama et. all in a defacto alliance with the cartels and Lady Gaga. The cartels put $1M on Sherrif Joe's head today.

I hope Joe puts that .50 cal of his to use soon.

Sounds like a convenient way to get rid any elected officials that are in their way. Simply tie the state up in court with a bunch of law suits and have the cartel do the dirty work for them.

Dr. Gonzo GED
08-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Bud light... sheesh. No wine or vodka?
I can also turn those into Budlite. It just takes about an hour or so...