PDA

View Full Version : Yugoslavian Tokarev

slamfire51
04-16-2011, 01:21 PM
I am looking at getting one of these.
I need pro/con opinions from anyone who owns/owned one.
Thanks

MJ1
04-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Be prepared for some detailed cleaning esp. the FP set, watch the link it only goes one way. Gripes need a little fitting to clear the safety lever. Take the trigger mech. out of the frame to clean it. It takes three people to get the FP back in but you have to get all the crud out of the hole. Be ready for some fun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/montereyjack/ea90339f.jpg

slamfire51
04-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Be prepared for some detailed cleaning esp. the FP set, watch the link it only goes one way. Gripes need a little fitting to clear the safety lever. Take the trigger mech. out of the frame to clean it. It takes three people to get the FP back in but you have to get all the crud out of the hole. Be ready for some fun.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is FP?

ETA: Firing pin?? LOL

bovver
04-16-2011, 02:39 PM
I got one about 6 or so months ago.
I went with the hand select and I swear mine was maybe fired at the factory once because over all it was brand new.
I myself have had no issues with the added safety switch but have read there is an easy fix if you do get one that does have an issue.
Fun to shoot and mine has been very accurate,makes my shooting skill seem better.
Only drawback has been mags.
I found a guy that makes some pretty good AM mags that work great.
You could also use cz mags but would have to cut a notch at the top.
Anyways.
I have shot both yugo and polish ammo so far with no trouble.
Have gone through about 600 rounds total so far.
I wanted to get a romanian tok but might just get another yugo I have liked mine so much.

slamfire51
04-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the review.
Sounds like it just might be worth getting one.

pastfinder
04-17-2011, 07:33 PM
I have a Romanian Tok but hate the halfarsed safety on it...which both looks awful and functions worse. Now I'm debating buying one of these from AIM. I gather disassembly is similar to that of other Toks?

bovver
04-18-2011, 07:38 AM
I got mine from J&G,after this thread I went to check and see about getting another.
exc. models are gone,they have the new batch thats about 170 and have "frosty barrels".
Well,for the cost of yugo mags it might be worth a chance on one,might clean up nice and still be a good shooter.

bovver
04-18-2011, 07:40 AM

Got any extra sripper clips you want to sell?

slamfire51
04-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Got any extra sripper clips you want to sell?

I know they are not OEM, but IIRC, M-16 stripper clips will work as well.