PDA

View Full Version : Back in the air....

coppertales
04-20-2011, 06:11 PM
I got my flight simulator back up and running. Thanks to all of you that commented on my previous request for help. I went to Comp usa and picked up a hard drive for my old system, they had a big rack of them, for 40 bucks. I installed it and loaded win 98 which went smooth. I then loaded my flight sim program. I went to load the software for my control system, and all I could find was the cd for the throttle and rudder pedals. I ended up going on the Thrustmaster site and downloading the software/drivers for the stick and burn it on a cd so I could put it on the sim computer because I could not access the internet on that one. That was the first time I ever tried that but it went ok. The controls have not been used in a year or so and they complained about being put to work again. After a half dozen calibrations, everything works.

The newer computer that I wanted to put my sim on, but could not, was reloaded with XP and now I have a spare computer. I will put it at camp as I am a Freecell junkie.....chris3

Penguin
04-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Which version of Flight Simulator? I haven't played it in ages. My computer won't run the newest one sadly?

cevulirn
04-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Glad to hear that you got everything up and running.

coppertales
04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Combat Flight Sim. CFS2 is being picky about the color even though my computer is set on 256. I need another driver for CFS3. I cannot get any sound though. The display says no sound card. The sound is hard wired to the motherboard. Need to dig deeper. I have flight sim 2000 but I have not loaded it yet. I like to fly and shoot.....chris3

Penguin
04-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Cool sounds like fun. I play Il-2 from time to time. Not near as much as I used to though.

Krupski
04-20-2011, 09:43 PM
I got my flight simulator back up and running.

Cool! I love flight simulators... especially the kind where you can dogfight multiplayer.

coppertales
04-21-2011, 04:09 PM
no wonder the sound card did not work. I forgot to load the motherboard drivers after I installed the new hard drive....duh.......I was at the gym and it hit me what I did not do......chris3