PDA

View Full Version : Why We Have An Oil Crisis

old Grump
04-21-2011, 12:13 AM
A lot of folks can't understand how we cameto have an oil shortage here in our country.
~~~
Well, there's a very simple answer.
~~~
Nobody bothered to check the oil.
~~~
We just didn't know we were getting low.
~~~
The reason for that is purely geographical.
~~~
Our OIL is located in:
~~~
ALASKA
~~~
California
~~~
Coastal Florida
~~~
Coastal Louisiana
~~~
North Dakota
~~~
Wyoming
~~~
Colorado
~~~
Kansas
~~~
Oklahoma
~~~
Pennsylvania
And
Texas
~~~

The Dip sticks are all in Washington DC

Any Questions? NO? Didn't think So.

Oswald Bastable
04-21-2011, 12:25 AM
You forgot the punchline.

The dipstick is in Washington DC.

old Grump
04-21-2011, 01:29 AM
You forgot the punchline.

Got lost when I pasted, fixed now.

Partisan1983
04-21-2011, 01:52 AM
So true :clap:

TomO
04-21-2011, 09:14 AM
:( Actually in all seriousness....it also doesn't help that about 70-75% of the worlds known oil is in undeveloped politically unstable areas.

Kind of hard to keep a drilling derrick operating when some monkey keeps firing an RPG at it.

:violent068:

old Grump
04-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Over there it is the unwashed insurgent cutting his own throat by disabling his countries infrastructure. Over here it is the unwashed Greenies, bombing, sabotaging and campaigning against any power installation or energy source. Don't mine coal, don't cut the tree's, don't build wind mills, don't build nuclear plants, don't build coal power electric plants, don't eat meat, don't toss your trash in a hole in the ground, don't burn your trash, don't dump it in the ocean.

I have a solution. Ship all of our Greenies and their liberal stooges in political office to the mid east. Set them ashore with one rifle. Then we do what we gotta do.

gungorilla
04-22-2011, 04:12 PM
http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?get_gallerynr=1523

I think this explains it rather nicely.

sevlex
04-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Yep, gungorilla, we can thank the Benbenank for this shit. Turning on the printing presses has ruined...not saved our economy.

Warthogg
04-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Yep, gungorilla, we can thank the Benbenank for this shit. Turning on the printing presses has ruined...not saved our economy.

Au contraire mein sevlex......the Benbenank would never stoop to fire off a 'printing 'press' !! Noooooo......the Benbenank creates dollars out of nothing these days........not even paper and ink......only ELECTRONS are needed today.

And you are correct, while there are other causative factors at work, as usual the Federal Reserve Bank* is up to its ass in blame.

Wart

*Federal Reserve Bank:

NOT FEDERAL
NOT A BANK

The ONLY for profit corp in the US that pays NOT tax....not state and not federal. Privately owned.

The Fed has been here since 1913 and has NEVER been audited.

Warthogg
04-22-2011, 05:35 PM

And Brent is about $124.00

Warthogg
04-22-2011, 05:38 PM
I have a solution. Ship all of our Greenies and their liberal stooges in political office to the mid east. Set them ashore with one rifle. Then we do what we gotta do.

The Occupied Terrotories need help. Givem to the Palestinians !!

Wart

ltorlo64
04-22-2011, 08:19 PM
I have a solution. Ship all of our Greenies and their liberal stooges in political office to the mid east. Set them ashore with one rifle.

What would they do with the rifle? Use it as a paddle to get ashore? A walking stick when they get ashore? It is sure they don't know how to fire one.

recon
04-22-2011, 10:02 PM

Okay for us that have no idea what this is or what it says? Explain it please.

Partisan1983
04-22-2011, 10:24 PM

Exactly.

What's this graph about?

old Grump
04-22-2011, 11:44 PM
What would they do with the rifle? Use it as a paddle to get ashore? A walking stick when they get ashore? It is sure they don't know how to fire one.
The single rifle will show you who the real peacenik true believer is. Everybody else will be fighting for the gun.

Well it is pretty. I am going to make wall paper out of it and put it up in the guest room.

gungorilla
04-23-2011, 09:34 AM
The graph is the price of light sweet crude (oil) in green and red moving from lower left to upper right, showing increase in price verse the value of the dollar, white line.
Main thing to notice is how they more or less are a mirror image of one another.

Warthogg
04-23-2011, 10:40 AM
The graph is the price of light sweet crude (oil) in green and red moving from lower left to upper right, showing increase in price verse the value of the dollar, white line.
Main thing to notice is how they more or less are a mirror image of one another.

And gold and silver prices should show about the same pattern against the dollar......the dollar declining against silver and gold. Heck the chart would probably look pretty much the same if the dollar was charted against COTTON !

The Fed has pumped untold billions into the economy to prop up US banks, foreign banks, wall street, insurance companies. automobile manufacturing companies, automotive unions......but maybe their crowning achievement.....that was visible....was the installation of maybe 150 door bells in La. !!

Of yes the dollar has been pretty much destroyed by the above actions and the massive debt. - FEDERAL, STATE, COUNTY, CITY and PERSONAL debt - but what the heck them door bells b ringin.

In the words of that immortal American, Rev Wright.......'America the chickens coming home to roost' !!

Yes boys and girls we are fucked.

Wart

Dan Morris
04-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Basically, we don't have the balz to tell the greenies to go breed a tree! If American wells were uncapped and refining was done inland, we have no oil crises! I was born n raised in oil country....50 years ago, it was "let's use thiers first"...gang, it's time to use OUR resources.......you want green, clean burning.....produce LPG vehicles.....been around for decades! Creates jobs n tells rag heads to go chase a camel. These dune countries are not worth ONE American kids life!
Just a redeundant rant.
Dan

old Grump
04-23-2011, 05:52 PM
My house heat and hot water is natural gas. My shop and my brothers shop is heated with natural gas.

I was using LPG equipped Minneapolis Moline tractors to do field work back in the very early 60's before I went active duty in the Navy. Worked fine and I could see no lack of power. In fact do our daily work, plug it into the tank at night, eat supper, unplug the tank and you were ready for the next day, beat the dickens out of having to go back to fuel up or walk back to the yard for a can of gas. After I got out of the Navy our fork lifts at the foundry ran on LPG and we were doing some pretty heavy lifting. Loaders at the saw mill used LPG and a pickup at the lumber yard used for making deliveries ran on LPG. If we could do it then we can do it now.

They have hybrid cars running on electric/gasoline, no reason they can't make them electric/LPG and make the price low enough to make a viable market for them. Right now you have to be rich to be green and that makes no sense at all.

$22,800 base price for a Prius and you can get a Ford Fusion for 4 or 5 thousand less. I don't think the auto companies want you buying fuel efficient cars. Problem isn't with us guys in the trenches working for a living but in the corporate boardrooms and in the halls of Congress.

Warthogg
04-23-2011, 06:17 PM
produce LPG vehicles.....

Should have been our transporation fuel for years.

Wart

JTHunter
04-23-2011, 10:13 PM

Is that a "dipstick" or a "tar-baby"??
:biggrina::joker::naughty: