PDA

View Full Version : B17-Logbook

Paladin
08-02-2010, 05:56 PM
I enjoy being an amateur student of military history.

Here's a link to a pdf of a B17 logbook.

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/3394827/1636996339/name/B17-Logbook.pdf

Thought I might share it with you all.

ATAK, Inc.
08-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Way cool! This guy was just finishing up with his tour when my Dad got to England. He flew 2- back to back tours 0f 25 missions each before rotating back to the states. He left less than 2 weeks before D-Day!

Paladin
08-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Way cool! This guy was just finishing up with his tour when my Dad got to England. He flew 2- back to back tours 0f 25 missions each before rotating back to the states. He left less than 2 weeks before D-Day!

When I was a kid, my Dad never talked too much about about WWII. But when he and the other men would get together for a few rounds, I would get an ear full. It sparked my interest in things military. Men like our fathers were the best.

ATAK, Inc.
08-02-2010, 06:33 PM
When I was a kid, my Dad never talked too much about about WWII. But when he and the other men would get together for a few rounds, I would get an ear full. It sparked my interest in things military. Men like our fathers were the best.

Yeah, same here, until later in life when he spoke more of what he was involved in. He went back in for Korea and was on 230+ missions there. At his last base, Travis AFB, he got orders to Saigon in 1967. He tore them up in front of his CO and put in for retirement.

HDR
08-05-2010, 05:22 PM

True, my ears got filled at deer camp, It wasn't that much of an earful but enough to fuel my imagination. LOL After I got older I understood what the names of those places represented. It took reading and TV to give me an appreciation of the intensity of the air war above Germany. The old Victory at Sea show educated everyone right well about Naval action.

Men like our fathers were the best.

Ditto that's why they are called the greatest generation.

Krupski's father was there also.