PDA

View Full Version : Looking for those hard to find car parts?

awp101
04-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Does no one around you carry blinker fluid or muffler bearings? Is your butt dyno out of whack? Fear not! You can find that stuff and more here:

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7

cevulirn
04-22-2011, 08:50 PM
They don't carry smoke! My neighbor had a short in their wiring three weeks ago, and we still haven't been able to find the right smoke to re-charge the wiring system! ;)

alismith
04-22-2011, 09:00 PM
I have some metric hammers and left-handed screwdrivers, if anyone needs them.

davepool
04-22-2011, 09:05 PM
I ordered 2 passenger noise reducers, hope they get here before i drive my wife to the airport to pick up her mom.

a-kmanator
04-23-2011, 02:42 AM
I'm looking for a cordless extension cord myself:coffee:

coppertales
04-23-2011, 09:53 AM
I had a roll of flight line and a jug of prop wash.......chris3

davepool
04-23-2011, 10:47 AM
When i was in the Marine air wing, i ended up on the Kitty Hawk for a couple days and was sent on a search for a bucket of relative bearing grease...i hate squids.

ATAK, Inc.
04-23-2011, 11:34 AM
We had a young airman get a mechanical discharge, he lost his military bearing!

New crewchiefs would bring in exhaust samples for us to analize on our spectrometer. In turn, we would tell them there is a problem, give them the results and send them to the engine shop!

I've sent kids looking for K-9P, jet wash, a yard of flight line, etc... :lool:

Good times!

Gunner1558
04-23-2011, 12:09 PM
I really don't have time for this stuff, I'm googling for dehydrated water.

alismith
04-23-2011, 12:23 PM
I really don't have time for this stuff, I'm googling for dehydrated water.

Be careful. Don't get it mixed up with di-hydrogen oxide. Dangerous stuff, that.

alismith
04-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Interior wiper blades and water pumps for air-cooled VW engines are hard to find, too.

awp101
04-23-2011, 05:51 PM
When i was in the Marine air wing, i ended up on the Kitty Hawk for a couple days and was sent on a search for a bucket of relative bearing grease...i hate squids.
Another E4 came to me one day and mentioned he was bored. Bad move.

I jokingly told him to go to supply and get a box of grid squares figuring he'd tell me to STFU and go find something to do. Instead he asked if I was serious. At that point my squad leader and I made eye contact and knew the game was on. I said I was serious and my SL told him that he needed to ask the Supply SGT because he was the one with access to them. He left and went looking.

My SL told me the only reason he went along with it was because his first PL had him trying to find a blank adapter for an M9 and he went all the way to the CPT looking for it. Bingo! Phase 2 had just been planned!:lool:

I called the Supply SGT and gave him a head's up. "There's no such thing! He should know that!" Yeah, you and I know but apparently HE doesn't! Tell him he needs the CO's sig for them. "I won't do that but I'll send him back to talk to SGT whateverhernamewas at the warehouse." Good enough for me! I called her up and got the same response. "There's no such thing! He should know that!" Yeah, you and I know but apparently HE doesn't!

She let the cat out of the bag a few minutes after he got there. He'd spent over an hour trying to find those grid squares. He was so pissed he didn't talk to me for almost a week but he never again mentioned being bored around me or our SL...:lool:

davepool
04-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Another one i fell for was looking for a BA-1100-N with a helium inlet valve, i can't believe i was so stinkin naive.

awp101
04-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Another one i fell for was looking for a BA-1100-N with a helium inlet valve, i can't believe i was so stinkin naive.
Did they ever send you out to find a PRC E7?:lool: Maybe a ID-10-T form?