PDA

View Full Version : Do you Hulu?

O.S.O.K.
08-02-2010, 07:08 PM
I just got through watching a movie on Hulu.

I know its not new but I just have to say that it is quite the development.

Its like the reinvention of broadcast TV complete with advertisements only now you can watch movies and control the timing of it all.

Pretty cool. What was once old is now new again.

L1A1Rocker
08-02-2010, 07:09 PM
yeppers!

O.S.O.K.
08-02-2010, 07:13 PM
This is not the only company doing this I know - and it makes me think that cutting off the cable TV is a real viable thing - with no real loss.

You hook up your computer to the tv monitor and get everything you want really. Fox News has a streaming site right?

mriddick
08-02-2010, 07:17 PM
When I was in Nashville I used it alot, lately with my move to Ohio not so much..

American Rage
08-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Once in a while i do

Rage

L1A1Rocker
08-02-2010, 08:06 PM
This is not the only company doing this I know - and it makes me think that cutting off the cable TV is a real viable thing - with no real loss.

You hook up your computer to the tv monitor and get everything you want really. Fox News has a streaming site right?

I've found a lot of TV shows are being shown the very next day on the internet. Some are on Hulu and some are on their networks web site. Makes things very convienient. I really like how the comercials are done on Hulu. Just one quick one where networks put a bunch. Much better.

HDR
08-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Someone at work went off the TV grid. He says they don't miss Cable or Satellite TV.

O.S.O.K.
08-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Well, I would expect that if things continue to get worse in the job market, more and more poeple will be dropping the land phone lines and calbe TV - and if they can, they'll keep the net connection. You really can do it all with that...

cciota
08-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Where's the Hulu dancers? I was expecting grass skirts, boobs, coconut shells, hips a moving, spinning flaming things........

Anyway, the wife and I switched over to Ooma for our phone sevices last year. Excellent. It all works over the internet and cost nothng a month. You buy the machine up front and the rest is free except for overseas calls. Local and long distance is free with no monthly fees and calling overseas to Germany, where we have friends, is 3 cents a minute or something like that. The only part is if the internet goes out your screwed until it comes back up. We have already made our money back from buying the machine with the saving in overseas calls.

Kadmos
08-03-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't even own a tv anymore. Just left it at the house when I left and never bought another.

Hulu works well, there are programs with live streaming tv (never used them though), and there are other less reputable places on the net that have enough movies and tv to pretty much watch 24/7 for the rest of your life.

TheMrMitch
08-03-2010, 04:56 PM
I don't work with HDR but I dropped all TV service eight years ago. Not missing a thing.

raxar
08-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Someone at work went off the TV grid. He says they don't miss Cable or Satellite TV.

in all fairness if you quit tv and just start reading, working out, and doing stuff you won't miss it either.

circuits
08-03-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm disconnected from cable and satellite now - off-air or web only.

I Roku my netflix subscription, and watch freebies on hulu or the show's website.

With Roku, appletv with ATVflash safari, I can watch any web offerings on the 65", and the quality's remarkably good, considering most of the web stuff is mostly intended for 320x200 or so on a smaller computer monitor.

Bluntforce
08-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I watch most of the series TV shows I like on it. If possible I'll watch a whole season at a time. I never claimed I had a life.

I'll thank Ubersoldate again for posting on the old site the day they came on. I can't catch the TV shows during their broadcast time and I'm not getting TiVo (WTF ever that is).

American Rage
08-04-2010, 02:10 PM
I keep a TV for football games, dvds, and the weather when it's bad.

Rage

AKTexas
08-04-2010, 03:29 PM
TV is still the most used baby sitter in the world.

O.S.O.K.
08-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Wow, looks like the trend is well under way...