PDA

View Full Version : BOTHER!!!!

ltorlo64
04-23-2011, 06:47 PM
The rifle kit I ordered from Del-Ton arrived yesterday. I had duty so I didn't get to open the package till today. I had ordered an A2 because I wanted to get a retro looking AR. What was sent was an A3. I had hoped to put the rifle together tomorrow but now I need to wait until I contact Del-Ton on Monday. After seeing the A3 and knowing that it is more versatile, I am hoping that Del-Ton will just offer to send me a carry handle for the A3. I think I would rather get the carry handle than have to send the kit back and wait for an A2 kit to arrive.

BOTHER!!!

ready
04-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Well, since the retro thing is out the window, I'd go with a BUIS instead of a carry handle, that way you can eventually get a QD mount and optic. You'll have the best of both worlds.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/v/vspfiles/photos/LMT%20Rear%20Sight%20L8A-2T.jpg

ltorlo64
04-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks, I will look into that when I call them. Not expensive and it will get me into being able to shoot it.

Solidus-snake
04-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I have been wanting to get a kit from them but now this and some other things are making me wonder..

ltorlo64
04-23-2011, 09:29 PM
I have been wanting to get a kit from them but now this and some other things are making me wonder..

So far their customer service has been great, it will be interesting to see what they say on Monday. I will be sure to post the results of our conversation. I have a couple of friends that bought kits from them with no hitches. I guess I am just lucky.

Solidus-snake
04-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Hmmm, yes please post back what their CS says and does about it. They have some great prices and Ive been wanting to build a A3.

ltorlo64
04-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Hmmm, yes please post back what their CS says and does about it. They have some great prices and Ive been wanting to build a A3.

Maybe you can order the A2 and we can swap!

ltorlo64
04-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Initial contact with Del-Ton was not encouraging. They said I can send the barrel assembly back and they will change it out, however, they don't have any at this time to send back to me. I asked about sending me a carry handle and was told that that option was pretty expensive to them and the person that would have to approve it is gone for the week. I am just a little irritated at this. I guess I will see what happens in a week when/if they call me back.

Solidus-snake
04-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Harumph!

I am not impressed

TEN-32
04-25-2011, 10:55 AM
If it is their screw up they need to make it right. A carry handle is under $100.

ltorlo64
04-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Second contact with Del-Ton was much more encouraging. In fact they called me this time. I should have my carry handle in about a week. Since there is some confusion on how the order got screwed up they are sending me the carry handle at a discounted price with no shipping charges, and a surprise that the Customer Service Rep told me was coming, but not what it was. I will let you guys know how that turns out. Overall I am much happier than I was yesterday.