PDA

View Full Version : New season of Doctor Who starting in 30 seconds...BBCAmerica

Oswald Bastable
04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
That is all.

FunkyPertwee
04-23-2011, 09:13 PM
That is all.

I had to avoid watching it. I'm not caught up yet.

I'm racing through the previous season now.

alismith
04-23-2011, 10:03 PM
For those who might be interested in who Who was/is:

http://tv.msn.com/paralleluniverse/many-lives-of-doctor-who/photo-gallery/feature/?affid=fb

Klawndyke
04-24-2011, 12:14 AM
I started watching Dr Who at the 4th and 5th some of the sixth Dr then off and on through out the years..
Kinda kool to see all the Dr's and how long the show has been running

Oswald Bastable
04-24-2011, 03:52 AM
I had to avoid watching it. I'm not caught up yet.

I'm racing through the previous season now.

Wait till you get to the end of the last episode in that season. I think it's incredible...something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue...

In sad Doctor Who news, Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane) died recently (4/20)...cancer. Didn't even know she was fighting that battle. She was always one of my favorite companions...

old Grump
04-24-2011, 02:47 PM
I had no idea she was 63, have we been watching Dr. Who that long?

No offense to the new doctor but its going to take a little time to get used to him. It's kind of like Sherlock Holmes, I like them all but none ever quite matched Basil Rathbone.

Syph
04-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Did anyone who's seen the episode find it edgy, dark and atmospheric but somehow lacking something?

That's how I felt anyway... it seemed chaotic in a bad way, like the writers were filling the air time out.

FunkyPertwee
04-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Did anyone who's seen the episode find it edgy, dark and atmospheric but somehow lacking something?

That's how I felt anyway... it seemed chaotic in a bad way, like the writers were filling the air time out.

I haven't watched it yet, but IMO the first episode of each season of the new series is kind of lame in comparison to the rest of the respective season.

alismith
04-24-2011, 07:47 PM
I had no idea she was 63, have we been watching Dr. Who that long?

No offense to the new doctor but its going to take a little time to get used to him. It's kind of like Sherlock Holmes, I like them all but none ever quite matched Basil Rathbone.

I grew up on Basil Rathbone, too, but I found Jeremy Brett to be the most realistic Sherlock.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=18552

I understand where you're coming from, though. It's the same with me with 007. No one will ever be as good as Sean Connery in that role.