PDA

View Full Version : Sister Back in the Hospital

Tx Dogblaster
04-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Just an update and shamelessly asking for prayers...

My sister had another chemo treatment on Wednesday. She's been sick sick and in a LOT of pain for some reason this time. Well, yesterday evening she couldn't take it anymore so my mom took her to MD Anderson's ER. She was taken directly to triage within 5 minutes of walking in the door. Within an hour her bloodwork results were back. Her red cell count was down and they didn't have an answer other than it wasn't good. They admitted her to the hospital through the ER and continued tests today. Her red cell count has been in a big decline since last night. They've now determined that the chemo has affected her stomach ulcers and has caused at least one to bleed through her stomach wall. She was basically slowly bleeding out internally. To make this even more complicated, she had gastric bypass surgery about 5 years ago and her stomach isn't much bigger than a small orange so the percentage of her stomach that is affected is pretty big. They've given her 2 pints of blood since 1:00 this afternoon. I took my niece up to see her just as they were giving her the 1st bag of blood. It really did her good to see her daughter. Especially since it's Easter. They will be doing a scope on her stomach in the morning. That'smampretty delicate procedure since she has had the GB surgery. They could very easily cause serious damage with the instruments because of the size and shape of her stomach.

Please keep her in your prayers and my niece as well. She's having a pretty hard time with this whole ordeal...

JTHunter
04-24-2011, 10:29 PM
You got it!

Guns Network Staff
04-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Without a doubt tonight I will include her in my prayers!

Sorry to hear about the turn of events....

ltorlo64
04-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Wow. Please keep us updated. I am praying for her and your family.

Gunreference1
04-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Tx Dogblaster, prayers sent!

Steve

Prometheus168
04-25-2011, 02:13 AM
Prayers are sent, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ!

Rusty

AKTexas
04-25-2011, 04:17 AM
TX I hope for the best. Prayers sent.

mriddick
04-25-2011, 05:17 AM
I hope the best for her.