PDA

View Full Version : Article from London Daily Telegraph

Gunner1558
04-27-2011, 09:04 AM
London Daily Telegraph

How could one "man" tick off 18 Nations or Organizations?

The American people can now more readily 'understand' why the Obama's were omitted from the guest list to the Royal wedding in April! This is a very sobering article. Our handling of relationships with the Britons over the oil spill didn't help either.

From The London Daily Telegraph Editor On Foreign Relations

Quote:

"Let me be clear: I'm not normally in favor of boycotts, and I love the American people. I holiday in their country regularly, and hate the tedious snobby sneers against the United States . But the American people chose to elect an idiot who seems hell bent on insulting their allies, and something must be done to stop Obama's reckless foreign policy, before he does the dirty on his allies on every issue."

One of the most poorly kept secrets in Washington is President Obama's animosity toward Great Britain , presumably because of what he regards as its sins while ruling Kenya (1895-1963).

One of Barack Hussein Obama's first acts as president was to return to Britain a bust of Winston Churchill that had graced the Oval Office since 9/11. He followed this up by denying Prime Minister Gordon Brown, on his first state visit, the usual joint press conference with flags.

The president was "too tired" to grant the leader of America 's closest ally a proper welcome, his aides told British journalists.

Mr. Obama followed this up with cheesy gifts for Mr. Brown and the Queen. Columnist Ian Martin described his behavior as "rudeness personified." There was more rudeness in store for Mr. Brown at the opening session of the United Nations in September. "The prime minister was forced to dash through the kitchens of the UN in New York to secure five minutes of face time with President Obama after five requests for a sit down meeting were rejected by the White House," said London Telegraph columnist David Hughes. Mr. Obama's "churlishness is unforgivable," Mr. Hughes said.

The administration went beyond snubs and slights last week when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton endorsed the demand of Argentine President Cristina Kirchner, a Hugo Chavez ally, for mediation of Argentina 's specious claim to the Falkland Islands , a British dependency since 1833. The people who live in the Falklands, who speak English, want nothing to do with Argentina . When, in 1982, an earlier Argentine dictatorship tried to seize the Falklands by force, the British -- with strong support from President Ronald Reagan -- expelled them.

"It is truly shocking that Barack Obama has decided to disregard our shared history," wrote Telegraph columnist Toby Young. "Does Britain 's friendship really mean so little to him?" One could ask, does the friendship of anyone in the entire world mean anything to him?

"I recently asked several senior administration officials, separately, to name a foreign leader with whom Barack Obama has forged a strong personal relationship during his first year in office," wrote Jackson Diehl, deputy editorial page editor of the Washington Post, on Monday. "A lot of hemming and hawing ensued." One official named French President Nicolas Sarkozy, but his contempt for Mr. Obama is an open secret. Another named German Chancellor Angela Merkel. But, said Mr. Diehl, "Merkel too has been conspicuously cool toward Obama."

Mr. Obama certainly doesn't care about the Poles and Czechs, whom he has betrayed on missile defense. Honduras and Israel also can attest that he's been an unreliable ally and an unfaithful friend. Ironically, our relations with both Israel and the Palestinian Authority have never been worse. Russia has offered nothing in exchange for Mr. Obama's abandonment of missile defense. Russia and China won't support serious sanctions on Iran . Syria 's support for terrorism has not diminished despite efforts to normalize diplomatic relations. The reclusive military dictatorship that runs Burma has responded to our efforts at "engagement" by deepening its ties to North Korea .

And the Chinese make little effort to disguise their contempt for him.

For the first time in a long time, the President of the United States is actually distrusted by its allies and not in the least feared by its adversaries. Nor is Mr. Obama now respected by the majority of Americans. Understandably focused on the dismal economy and Mr. Obama's relentless efforts to nationalize and socialize health care, Americans apparently have yet to notice his dismal performance and lack of respect in the world community. They soon will.

--London Daily Telegraph editor -- Alex Singleton

AKTexas
04-27-2011, 09:14 AM
If England dislikes him then there must be something wrong.:laugh:

Mark Ducati
04-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Americans apparently have yet to notice his dismal performance and lack of respect in the world community. They soon will.

Agreed... for most AmeriKans, as long as they have access to XBOX, McDonald's, their kids are in school... they could care less about the rest of the world.

Warthogg
04-27-2011, 10:46 AM
That bidness about the Falklands is serious for sure. We are talking about oil...major oil.

Wart

imanaknut
04-27-2011, 10:54 AM
So with the exception of those sucking off the federal government, and possibly Kenya, there isn't anyone in the world that like poor poor obama-messiah, king of the "Who?"!

O.S.O.K.
04-27-2011, 10:57 AM
This, unfortunately is just one reason that exists to get this puke out of office.

Maybe we would be better off with Biden for the remainder of this term...

weevil
04-27-2011, 03:28 PM
This, unfortunately is just one reason that exists to get this puke out of office.

I hate Biden with a purple passion but honestly I don't see how we could be any worse off than we are now.

alismith
04-27-2011, 05:10 PM

The only positive thing about Biden being Pres. is that no one would be able to make enough sense of what he said to be pissed off. The whole world would be scratching their heads and rolling their eyes.

Hell, his dog doesn't even understand him (and his dog has a higher IQ).

Penguin
04-27-2011, 06:36 PM
How Obama has treated this Brits is on of the many things about him that has made me mad. I just don't understand it. He seem to have no forign policy plan at all and just seems to wing it. Unless you consider bowing to everyone a plan.

weevil
04-27-2011, 07:59 PM
The only positive thing about Biden being Pres. is that no one would be able to make enough sense of what he said to be pissed off. The whole world would be scratching their heads and rolling their eyes.

Hell, his dog doesn't even understand him (and his dog has a higher IQ).

His dog's poo has a higher IQ.

:biggrina:

Warthogg
04-27-2011, 11:47 PM
How Obama has treated this Brits is on of the many things about him that has made me mad. I just don't understand it. He seem to have no forign policy plan at all and just seems to wing it. Unless you consider bowing to everyone a plan.

Barry was an unremarkable community organizer, a state senator who voted present and a US senator who voted present for a couple of years before running for president.

Foreign policy ?? No.

Not one person who voted for Barry should expect him to know anything. Nothing in his background could have lead anyone to believe Barry knew anything.

Wart

Warthogg
04-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Let us not forget, Barry was LOVED by Europe when he was elected. Barry promised to only start ONE war and won the Nobel Peace Prize. Barry was popular !@!

Wart

Penguin
04-28-2011, 06:37 AM
I remember that, in fact I never forgot it. That is why I find the current situation so funny in a way.

Roaring Mouse
04-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Let us not forget, Barry was LOVED by Europe when he was elected. Barry promised to only start ONE war and won the Nobel Peace Prize. Barry was popular !@!

Wart

He wasn't loved by this Brit., but many of us were relieved to have survived GW's administration. Frankly, I don't really care what Obama thinks about Britain; with luck he'll be kicked out soon enough, having been exposed as the snake oil salesman many of us have believed him to be right from the get go.

mrkalashnikov
04-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Barry was an unremarkable community organizer, a state senator who voted present and a US senator who voted present for a couple of years before running for president.

Foreign policy ?? No.

Not one person who voted for Barry should expect him to know anything. Nothing in his background could have lead anyone to believe Barry knew anything.

Wart

Yes to all the above.

During all his time in the Illinois State Senate, the 0 never introduced one single bill for consideration. His attendance record was dismal, too. When he was actually present, he voted "abstain" more times than either aye or nay. Probably because he never bothered to read up on any of the proposed legislation, and was therefore clueless...much as he remains today as POTUS. The guy was and always has been a sock puppet. :thumbsdown:

l921428x
04-29-2011, 01:48 AM
He wasn't love by this Brit., but many of us were relieved to have survived GW's administration. Frankly, I don't really care what Obama thinks about Britain; with luck he'll be kicked out soon enough, having been exposed as the snake oil salesman many of us have believed him to be right from the get go.

Would you not rather have GW back now? Instead of 2 more years of this ass and his policies to destroy western civilization.

5.56NATO
04-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Would you not rather have GW back now? Instead of 2 more years of this ass and his policies to destroy western civilization.

I would rather not have another Bush in office. At least with this guy real conservatives know he is the enemy, whereas with Bush (any of them) he was our enemy secretly but slapped us on the back and called us boy howdy to our faces.

Penguin
04-29-2011, 11:26 AM

That is a tuff question. If it wasn't for the fact that Obama rammed health care though I would say no. How ever as bad as Bush was I don't think he would have remmed health care though.

Roaring Mouse
04-30-2011, 02:50 AM

Now that is a tough choice. At least with GW you knew where you stood and he bugged the hell out of left wingers. It is interesting that over here, it is mainly those with left-wing politics who love your current President.

Syph
04-30-2011, 09:59 AM
This article is a fraud. Upon casual inspection of Singleton's blog, he has no written a blog of this subject since the announcement of the Royal Wedding Guest List. His last blog was published on the 21st of February. The Telegraph wouldn't publish this trash in a million years.

Obama is not a head of state of a Commonwealth country so he was not invited.

mriddick
04-30-2011, 10:46 AM
In checking you are right there doesn't seem to be a record of this article, although it has been quoted a billion times on right wing blogs and web pages. I'm starting to think fact checking is not something people feel they need to do anymore... :)

weevil
04-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Obama is not a head of state of a Commonwealth country so he was not invited.

Nancy Reagan was at Charles and Di's wedding.

Warthogg
05-01-2011, 12:25 AM
I would rather not have another Bush in office. At least with this guy real conservatives know he is the enemy, whereas with Bush (any of them) he was our enemy secretly but slapped us on the back and called us boy howdy to our faces.

AGREE.

And Barry has killed far fewer of our finest than did Dubya Bush.

Wart

l921428x
05-01-2011, 12:51 AM
AGREE.

And Barry has killed far fewer of our finest than did Dubya Bush.

Wart
But Bush did not ride genocide over our constitution. How is the Hope, which is a measure when nothing is left, and change working for U.

Warthogg
05-01-2011, 01:33 AM
But Bush did not ride genocide over our constitution. How is the Hope, which is a measure when nothing is left, and change working for U.

After Bush and now Barry I have little "hope". Both Dubya Bush and Barry Obama are progressives. Both Dubya and Barry were indoctrinated by progressive Ivy League professors. Both Dubya and Barry are pieces of shit.

I've already said the one good thing I can say about Barry. He has killed (to date) far fewer than Dubya.

You speak of Bush:

how's that Patriot Act working out for you ?
Or the Bush bailout of the United Auto Workers Union ??
Or the Bush bailout of General Motors and Chrysler ??
Or the Bush bailout of GMAC one Sunday night ??
Or the Bush Wall Street bailout ??
Or the AIG/insurance industry bailout ??
Or the Bush bailout out of huge foreign banks ??
Or the Bush bailout of huge US banks ??
Or the Bush $800 billion TARP fund desgined to buy toxic mortages from banks but, after buying 14 mortgages, became a political slush fund for Barry Obama ??

Wart