PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo!!! Loan approved, purchase agreement sent...

O.S.O.K.
04-27-2011, 12:32 PM
:party::anim_beer-1:

So far so good - just need to send off the earnest money :( and then get the thing closed. :)

Very nice folks to work with.

It ain't over till it's over but everything is lookin good!!
:thguns:

Very excited - been wanting to do this for a long time - ever since I sold the last little chunk of land that I owned.

Can't wait to get this done and be able to start working on it. Gonna have my own shootin range again!!!! Man do I miss that.

slamfire51
04-27-2011, 03:36 PM
HOT DAMN Jac!!

Congrats!!!

O.S.O.K.
04-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks. :)

Mark Ducati
04-27-2011, 04:31 PM
That's great :)

As great as it feels to have a loan approved, its also another debt... fortunately, our land loan is less than my new truck payment! Hope your's is too. LAND.... they ain't makin' any more of it!

Our property is adjacent to the national forest... as long as I don't cut any of THEIR trees down, I wonder if there'd be any issue with me making a firing range on my property? As long as I shoot in an "open and safe manner"... private property is private property right?

Just hope the DNR doesn't have any problems with me putting salt licks and apples out on my property! hahaha... or depositing some lead and copper on theirs.

O.S.O.K.
04-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Mark - I think you are fine - but depends on the law where you are of course. Just make a shoothouse out of something like cinder block and a "tunnel" out of sound-absorbing material and it will quiet your shots to the point that it will be hard to tell where they are coming from. Then, just make sure you have a good backstop and you should be good to go. :)

As far as the salt licks and such - again, as long as it's legal in general for private land - you can do what you want.

I would also plan on putting up a bunch of dayglo orange signs saying "private property", "no hunting" "keep out", etc. - and post them so they can not possibly be missed for anyone coming off of the NF land. A four strand barbed wire fence back there will help too.

Mark Ducati
04-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Hey Jac,

Tell us more about your land... I know you live in Texas, but where is your property located? How far is it from your residence?

Any sources of water on it? What's the topography of it like? Plant/Vegetation? Acreage?

What are you immediate and long term plans for this property? Camping? Residence?

Other private property around it? Farms? Govt. land? Neighbors?

What kind of critters can you hunt there?

slamfire51
04-27-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm patiently waiting for the invite to the BBQ blowout when you move to MS.
Texas style, of course.

O.S.O.K.
04-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Well, I'm looking forward to that too. :)

Just a few things to get done first... :smileyeatingchoc:

Mark, so many questions!

Its a long way away from where I live now = like 9 hour drive. But it's closer to my company's home office, closer to Iowa where my wife's folks live and to Florida where my folks live. There are drainages on the property - might be a small spring but it doesn't show on the map. The water, if you drill down a short ways is good, potable water. There are deer, turkey, dove, squirrel, rabbit, maybe hogs, coyotes, bobcat and sasquatch to hunt. :D It's kind of rolling hills with a higher side and a lower side. The higher ground is planted with pines -the bottoms are hardwood. Oh and it's 30+ acres - don't know exactly but the land credit union guy said he'll be able to find out pretty close even without a survey. It's got a fence around the whole thing too which is nice as it clearly shows the boundry.

L1A1Rocker
04-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Congradulations!!!!

O.S.O.K.
04-28-2011, 09:16 AM
;););) Thanks.

I got the reply back from the agent - he says wait for final approval - he's getting with the lawyer - I guess they have to do title search and such first...

O.S.O.K.
04-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Thought I'd put a better picture up - the red is the boundry and the line in and circle is where we will probably put the drive and clearning for buildings. To the north of that there is a draw with a drainage that should hold a pond nicely.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5301/5664470583_38393b2470_b.jpg

slamfire51
04-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Looks good!
Where's the tree stands going to be?
Have you been to the property yet? I'm assuming the ground perks for septic.

Infidelski
04-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Congrats on the American Dream!

O.S.O.K.
04-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks. And yes, the ground is perfect for septic - and apparently, they still use the old fashioned type of septic in this area - not anearobic like we have here in TX - with the sprinklers.

I figure that I can easily put 8 stands up on this without overlap. I will have to talk to the neighbor on the North side as he's got a stand right at the corner of his property.... and I'm sure he's been in the habit of shooting deer off of this property - as his is all cleared for cattle. I'll probably make light of it by saying somehting like "I hate to break it to you but there's going to be people living on the land now - no more shooting onto it ha ha." Or something like that...

slamfire51
04-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Thanks. And yes, the ground is perfect for septic - and apparently, they still use the old fashioned type of septic in this area - not anearobic like we have here in TX - with the sprinklers.

I figure that I can easily put 8 stands up on this without overlap. I will have to talk to the neighbor on the North side as he's got a stand right at the corner of his property.... and I'm sure he's been in the habit of shooting deer off of this property - as his is all cleared for cattle. I'll probably make light of it by saying somehting like "I hate to break it to you but there's going to be people living on the land now - no more shooting onto it ha ha." Or something like that...

Just beat him at getting into the stand and shoot his deer 1st. LOL
It's a good sign on your part if he has been harvesting deer from your property.
Yes, I too would throw a subtle hint about not shooting game on your property.