PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Falcon's Fan's here?

Hobe Sound AK
04-28-2011, 06:40 PM
How awful was the tragic loss to Green Bay on M.L.K. Weekend. I was in shock the rest of the Weekend. That Loss cost us the Superbowl. I hope we have some Black Bird's here on the Forums. I have a Lobby Card from Superbowl 33 when the Falcons were at Miami, but sadly lost to Denver. Paul

Warthogg
04-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Falcons just got a fine receiver in Julio.

Wart

l921428x
04-29-2011, 01:34 AM
How awful was the tragic loss to Green Bay on M.L.K. Weekend. I was in shock the rest of the Weekend. That Loss cost us the Superbowl. I hope we have some Black Bird's here on the Forums. I have a Lobby Card from Superbowl 33 when the Falcons were at Miami, but sadly lost to Denver. Paul

I used to be a season ticket holder 83-93. They lost me after the SB loss and I didn't pay attention for years. Then I see this amazing transformation taking place,
they are starting to act and look like an NFL contender. But after the way they had their head handed to them, the loss did not bother me it was the way they lost, I realized that it was the same old Falcons. I was embarassed by the way I had been drawn back in and probably won't watch them again. But that is just me.
A buddy of mine and myself had a saying during the season ticket years " We are not football fans, we are Falcon fans "

chiak47
04-29-2011, 04:39 AM
PFTTT the packers were a fluke this year...hell Chicago almost snagged em with their third string QB...

slamfire51
04-29-2011, 07:05 AM
Afraid not. I'm a die hard TN Titan fan. http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Canis-latrans/Tennessee-Titans-screensaver--thumb.png

I have a feeling the Titans are on the high road this year with a new head coach and #8 round draft pick quarterback Jake Locker out of Washington.
They selected the 6-foot-2 Locker over Missouri's Blaine Gabbert, choosing Locker and his mobility to pair with running back Chris Johnson. If you remember, Chris was the NFL's #1 running back in 2009 with 4000+ rushing yds.

Locker is the highest player drafted by Tennessee since the Titans took Young at No. 3 overall in 2006. But the Titans plan to trade or either release Young before the 10th day of the new league year. Young was the biggest disappointment for the Titans ever, IMO.

Hobe Sound AK
04-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Yea I was upset how the Season ended. We have the Titan's this Season. Slam Fire.

slamfire51
04-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Yea I was upset how the Season ended. We have the Titan's this Season. Slam Fire.

Good deal.
I haven't looked at the schedule yet, so I'm looking forward to the match up.

Hobe Sound AK
04-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Hey Slam, we play your Titans just before Thanksgiving, on Sunday November, 20th at 1pm. on CBS. I have nothing agaisnt the Titans, but I thought that Guy, who started Fighting and pulled that Huston Texans Helment off was in bad taste.

slamfire51
04-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Hey Slam, we play your Titans just before Thanksgiving, on Sunday November, 20th at 1pm. on CBS. I have nothing agaisnt the Titans, but I thought that Guy, who started Fighting and pulled that Huston Texans Helment off was in bad taste.

Cortland Finnegan and Andre Johnson.

Johnson started it. :tooth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBT6MygnKKw

Hobe Sound AK
04-29-2011, 08:40 AM
My Mistake, I never saw the very beginning of the Fight, just the tail end on my local News that Night. when they had tore both Helments off, and were going at it, then the whole Team came out on the Field. Sad to see this in Football, this is something you usually see in Hockey.

slamfire51
04-29-2011, 08:46 AM
My Mistake, I never saw the very beginning of the Fight, just the tail end on my local News that Night. whenthey had tore both Helments off, and were going at it, then the whole Team came out on the Field. Sad to see this in Football, this is something you usually see in Hockey.

Ah, I was kidding. Both had equal blame.

Finnegan doesn't take any shit off anyone no matter how big they are.
Jeff Fisher (now ex head coach) more or less trained the team to be "street fighters" during games. Finnegan took that to the next level. I have to admit, he is fun to watch playing defense against some great receivers.

Damn, now I'm in the mood for football to start.

Hobe Sound AK
04-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Me too, We got a upgrade Number 6 Draft Pick from the Bengals yesterday, a Wide Reciever named Julio Jones, from Alabama. What we need are WR, CB, TE, DL, and Center. So far we are doing well.

l921428x
04-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Me too, We got a upgrade Number 6 Draft Pick from the Bengals yesterday, a Wide Reciever named Julio Jones, from Alabama. What we need are WR, CB, TE, DL, and Center. So far we are doing well.
That is not all you need.

Hobe Sound AK
04-29-2011, 07:14 PM
What do you mean?

slamfire51
04-29-2011, 07:14 PM
The LOCK OUT is on again.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14544163/appeals-court-grants-stay-lockout-back-on?Call=Email&Format=HTML

Hobe Sound AK
04-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Oh Yea! I know. Hopefully this wont last much longer. However, I was wrong before, We got Jones from the Brown's not the Bengals. Give them time, they get better each Year. Paul

slamfire51
04-29-2011, 07:27 PM
More good news.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Tennessee Titans have taken UCLA linebacker Akeem Ayers in the second round of the NFL draft.

Ayers was a Butkus Award finalist as a junior for the Bruins last season and immediately gives the Titans some size in their front seven. At 6-foot-4 and 255 pounds, he should help Tennessee improve its run defense. He also gives the team flexibility after spending time at defensive end on third down.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14543921/titans-fill-more-needs-with-ucla-lb-akeem-ayers?Call=Email&Format=HTML

Hobe Sound AK
04-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Great, The Falcons gave up a lot for Jones, including their first round pick for next Year.

l921428x
04-29-2011, 08:02 PM
What do you mean?

To me it seems they lack the mental toughness required to succeed. They played some damn good games last year but lacked the killer instinct.
I do not know if this coaching or lack of focus. Either of which caused the loss in to GB.

Hobe Sound AK
04-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Just have to hope they learn from their Mistakes.

l921428x
04-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Been doin that for 30 years.

Hobe Sound AK
04-29-2011, 08:41 PM
I know what you mean!