PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Residents Flock to Tenn. for Gas, Supplies.

slamfire51
04-29-2011, 07:52 AM
I imagine this is a small example of what it would be like if the SHTF. (which it did)

MAURY CO., Tenn. – Alabama motorists are lining up at gas stations just across the Tennessee line after severe weather devastated the state, knocking out power to thousands and leaving at least 180 people dead in Alabama alone.

In Maury County, off exit 37 of Interstate 65, dozens of drivers could be seen lined up at the Shell station.

They were being directed around orange cones by officers with the Tennessee Highway Patrol called to various stations across southern Middle Tennessee to deal with influx of out-of-state drivers.

See the rest of the story here.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/14534933/alabama-residents-flock-to-tenn-for-gas-supplies

Mark Ducati
04-29-2011, 09:09 AM
After the 2008 gas shortage, this is exactly why I keep 60 gallons of fuel in 5 gallon containers... double the fuel preservative and they're good for 2 years stored.

Warthogg
04-29-2011, 10:11 AM
I imagine this is a small example of what it would be like if the SHTF. (which it did)

And so quickly there will be no place to line up that has gasoline and food.

Wart

roaddog
04-29-2011, 10:21 AM
After the 2008 gas shortage, this is exactly why I keep 60 gallons of fuel in 5 gallon containers... double the fuel preservative and they're good for 2 years stored.
If bet if you do not add the preservative to it and it sits longer than a month, you will have moonshine since it is cut so much with corn Ethanol.
Ha!

imanaknut
04-29-2011, 11:43 AM
And so quickly there will be no place to line up that has gasoline and food.

Wart

Actually this will show how the oil companies react to Americans in crisis. Will they increase deliveries to the area to keep up with need, or just business as usual and let the people rot in line at empty station. Time will tell.

Helen Keller
04-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Actually this will show how the oil companies react to Americans in crisis. Will they increase deliveries to the area to keep up with need, or just business as usual and let the people rot in line at empty station. Time will tell.

you forgot "Jack up the price"

slamfire51
04-29-2011, 04:37 PM
you forgot "Jack up the price"

I don't know about the gas companies raising prices, but the TN AG said if there is gas price gouging on the part of retailers, they would come down heavy on them.

Warthogg
04-29-2011, 04:42 PM

After Katrina, Atlanta of all places, had a gasoline shortage the oil companies were unable to fill for a couple of weeks.

Wart

Warthogg
04-29-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't know about the gas companies raising prices, but the TN AG said if there is gas price gouging on the part of retailers, they would come down heavy on them.

The almost never mentioned but major potential culprit is the gasoline distributor.

Wart

bovver
04-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Things are kind of crazy right now.
I just now got my own power up today.

Warthogg
04-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Looks as if an F-4 hit the Hueytown, Alabama area.

Wart

bovver
04-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Just south of me by 10 miles is cullman.
That area is like a warzone.
Army national guard were called out to the hospital there and looting has been going on.
Wanted to say that I have not seen the red cross or fema ANYWHERE around here.
Some areas are out of water and power.
some small town areas are now gone!
I have yet to see the news,its on now so I can see whats going on.
Military from redstone arsenal have been out on the streets in athens because they still had power and the city of huntsville and madison along with my area are going up there.

I myself am kind of a nut so I only left the house to see what was going on around town.
mostly people buying gas,food etc.
I still dont know why I have not seen fema or the red cross around these poor areas around the city.

In guntersville the army shut down the groc store because some people got a little out of hand.

Warthogg
04-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Just south of me by 10 miles is cullman.
That area is like a warzone.
Army national guard were called out to the hospital there and looting has been going on.
Wanted to say that I have not seen the red cross or fema ANYWHERE around here.
Some areas are out of water and power.
some small town areas are now gone!
I have yet to see the news,its on now so I can see whats going on.
Military from redstone arsenal have been out on the streets in athens because they still had power and the city of huntsville and madison along with my area are going up there.

I myself am kind of a nut so I only left the house to see what was going on around town.
mostly people buying gas,food etc.
I still dont know why I have not seen fema or the red cross around these poor areas around the city.

In guntersville the army shut down the groc store because some people got a little out of hand.

fema is still trying to find out if the tornados struck Mexico or Ecuador and asking for more personnel.
red cross is still doing public relation shots and begging for more money.

The most worthless .org is the congress.
red cross is next most worthless.
fema is a close follower.

Wart

slamfire51
04-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Obama was in Birmingham yesterday campaigning...er..... I mean touring the devastated areas. FEMA was probably up his ass there instead of spreading out to places in need.

If by some chance FEMA doesn't fuck this situation up, Barry may get some votes from the mostly black population there.

kuntryboy
04-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Obama was in Birmingham yesterday campaigning...er..... I mean touring the devastated areas. FEMA was probably up his ass there instead of spreading out to places in need.

If by some chance FEMA doesn't fuck this situation up, Barry may get some votes from the mostly black population there.

i'd say that's where he got most of his 2008 alabama votes. i live in coffee county tennessee, we found a picture, roofing, and other things from the tornadoes. we'd like to give back the picture, if we could find who it is. probably won't happen.

bovver
04-30-2011, 01:37 PM
In the smaller town areas the stores are giving what food they have left away for free to the people there.
In other areas some looting has been going on.
I heard but not had a chance to look into it a looter was shot and killed near where I live..

I dont seriously expect fema or the red cross to show up here.
Just like I didnt think they would show up for Nashville last year.
Not the right kind of area for them to help.
Maybe birmingham Alabama.

mriddick
04-30-2011, 01:37 PM
I think it's all a lie, Alabama residents do not need a reason to flee the state :)

El Duce
04-30-2011, 04:00 PM

I bought a generator in 1999. Filled it up with gas. Put stabil in it. Each time that I have had to run it. When I was done, I ran the carb dry. The thing still fires up and runs fine with 11 year old gas in it.

Warthogg
04-30-2011, 05:17 PM

I'd guess either way Barry gets 92-94% of the black vote. (Also Barry will get 70+ percent of the Jewish vote never minding those who say they won't vote for Barry next time.)

Wart

slamfire51
04-30-2011, 05:27 PM
I'd guess either way Barry gets 92-94% of the black vote. (Also Barry will get 70+ percent of the Jewish vote never minding those who say they won't vote for Barry next time.)

Wart

You know, that sounds just like the Dem base in TN. They don't give a damn whether the elected Dem did anything for them, they will vote for him again.
This mentality is the problem. If someone smacks you, by God walk up to him again and get smacked harder. Friggin retards.

Warthogg
05-01-2011, 01:45 AM
You know, that sounds just like the Dem base in TN. They don't give a damn whether the elected Dem did anything for them, they will vote for him again.
This mentality is the problem. If someone smacks you, by God walk up to him again and get smacked harder. Friggin retards.

The "mentality"....yes. The left is wired different. Never will we understand each other.

Wart