PDA

View Full Version : Toast with COFFEE!

63DH8
04-29-2011, 08:38 PM
http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=653&d=1304126883

A congratulatory toast! Got some GREAT news! Washington State Governor signed into law that we can now own silencers! We can own them starting in July.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=1016&year=2011#history

btcave
04-30-2011, 12:19 AM
Woo Hoo!

63DH8
04-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Woo Hoo!

Yup!:thumbsup: All we need now is to be allowed class III, and we'll be caught up with the rest of the civilized states! :coffee:

btcave
04-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Crap, even Oregon has class 3. Having Washington to the north and California to the south makes me nervous. Keep up the positive progress up there.

63DH8
04-30-2011, 12:57 PM
I have just the rifle for the silencer. A while back, I got a 77.22 from AWP. I wanted something that I could accurize and play with. I found a site that has good quality barrels and aftermarket stocks. I'm going to build me a rodent Jäger rifle! A while back, HDR recommended a scope from Leapers. It adjusts it's parallax down to three yards, and all the way out to several hundreds of yards.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen HDR, Congo (Gary), or AWP here in a while. I hope everything is well with them.

kathy
04-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Congratulations 63D!

btcave
04-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Looks like HDR jumped ship a month ago. Hope it isn't permanent. He's taken breaks before though.

kathy
05-01-2011, 05:06 AM
Yea, HDR gets busy and drops off. I hope he will be back also.

I spent the better half of the day digging and planting in my garden, it was wonderful. Blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes, carrots, peppers I forget what all else. I went to get hay in my car.... I didnt realize the loonacy until I stuffed it in there. Oh well...:gum:

63DH8
05-01-2011, 01:17 PM
I feel like I'm walking through a minefield here. Both my girls have the flu or cold, and are on their periods. That's makes them short tempered, crabby, and emotional! :smiley08::mouse2:

kathy
05-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Poor 63D, there is no Military training to prepare you for that war zone.

btcave
05-01-2011, 10:47 PM
I feel like I'm walking through a minefield here. Both my girls have the flu or cold, and are on their periods. That's makes them short tempered, crabby, and emotional! :smiley08::mouse2:

Dude. I was fortunate to have a shop with a full bath and a bedroom to hide in. I'd just work on cars.

kathy
05-02-2011, 05:18 AM
Usama bin ladin dead, killed by Navy Seals. Big celebration going on at ground zero.

63DH8
05-02-2011, 10:53 AM
I saw the celebrations last night. I couldn't help but wonder how long some of those guys had those posters and costumes stored away for this occasion. Like that person in the US Flag suit that looks almost like the Spiderman costume.

From the looks of how late people were up celebrating, everyone is going to need that tankertruck full of coffee! :coffee:

kathy
05-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Yep 63D I can not thank the Military and CIA enough for taking out that trash.

I got my garden started, blueberries strawberries peppers tomatoes carrots etc etc.. I am even going to try potatoes, Im sewing bags out of landscaping fabric to grow them in, I saw the idea on youtube.:happydance:

63DH8
05-06-2011, 08:37 PM
I feel like an idiot! I replaced the linkages on my truck's windshield wipers only to discover the I had the park position in the up position, not the down. Now I have to take the whole thing apart again so I can put the linkages in the proper position. :crazy::ireful3::violent085:

Mark Ducati
05-07-2011, 05:43 PM
http://designbrothers.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/toast.gif

btcave
05-07-2011, 06:56 PM
The Honda Civic runs again! Yay! Now I wont keep going broke driving to work.

kathy
05-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Coffee and toast, it doesnt get any better. :wiggle:

63DH8
05-09-2011, 01:24 AM
What the heck is with light bulbs today? Liz said her light bulb was burnt out. We were out, so I went to the store to get another one. Of course, I didn't go to get only the light bulb. There were other things I needed. I get halfway home when Erika called to say the florescent lights in the kitchen died. I turned around and picked up some up. Just as I leave, Erika called to inform me that we needed more lights for the living room lights. I think I bought about a dozen bulbs. I figured I may as well buy the LED lights as they'll help lower my electric bill.

kathy
05-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Let me know how the LED bulbs work out, I wont buy CFLs. I am thinking the LED bulbs will last forever...
:coffee:

63DH8
05-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Kathy, so far, so good. The only problem is they're not compatible with dimmer switches.

That wiper motor bracket was a royal pain! I don't know how it managed to be easy to get out the first time, then almost impossible to get out, correct, then install again. However, it's in and working right this time.

I heard/read that Panneta and Hillery had to convince Obama to authorize the strike, but his legal advisor kept making him question the order. There's a question floating around... Did the video drop off so the shyster couldn't see anything so she couldn't cause Obama to question the legality of the order? Some say Panetta and Hilery ordered the video glitch.

kathy
05-10-2011, 08:40 PM
63D Obama is a big weenie, with no spine. Then look at how he ran around taking credit.

My last attempt at politics went down the drain, I will need a second wind if at all. I dug up the financial docs and exposed what they are doing with the precious little money that people dig out of their wallets to give... squandering it!

Anyway everyone is calling to register Unaffiliated en mass. We will see. Connecticut is a laughing stock, even liberal Massachusetts is laughing at us. The DAV will be cut along with many other Veterans service Orgs. We will have tax hikes retroactive to January... Well I gave it my best.

kathy
05-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Join the Allen West Nation for 2012:love4::

http://www.allenwestnation.com/forum.php

old Grump
05-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Well one thing I like about West is he has not thrown his hat in the ring. I prefer my candidates to be drafted not jumping up and down saying pick me pick me.

kathy
05-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Well one thing I like about West is he has not thrown his hat in the ring. I prefer my candidates to be drafted not jumping up and down saying pick me pick me.

Yep, one of his many charms. Also he knows terrorists and other people who would kill us exist and he knows how to deal with them. LOL

Its cold and cloudy here, my garden progress has been good, I have most of it dug up now I just need to plant more stuff. The blueberries are in bloom.

Hedning
05-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Anyone in here ever heard of "Morgan Kane"?

old Grump
05-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Anyone in here ever heard of "Morgan Kane"?
The fictional cowboy, the football player or the artist?

How about Candy Cane?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNvgZvszGb0&feature=player_detailpage#t=8s

kathy
05-16-2011, 05:30 PM
That is so cute OG!

I have these things coming up all over the garden.. Pumpkins? Squash? I cant figure it out.

http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/uploads/126/whatisit.JPG

old Grump
05-16-2011, 09:22 PM
No help from me, Pumpkins are a squash and I can't tell till they are growing their fruit. One thing you might not have thought of is pumpkin, squash and sweet potato leaves and flowers are edible if you want to look up a recipe to fix a few of them. Something different to try.

kathy
05-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Thanks Old Grump, pumpkin is a great guess. Ill post a pic of whatever fruit it bares. Can I just but sweet potatoes and plant them like potatoes?

An ambulance tore up my lawn and did doughnuts on a lawn down the street. Strange, they caught the guy a ways away in another town. Still trying to guess why. :gruebel:

Have a fun and fabulous day!

old Grump
05-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Her's a link to sweet potatoes. I haven't had any luck with them, between rabbits, sandy soil and cool summer the last time I tried I gave up on them. Best thing for me I guess would be a planter box on my porch where it almost always stays warm and I don't have a rabbit problem. Now you got me thinking I better make me a planter box. Next to parsnips they are my favorite grown in the ground yummy and they are good for you.

http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how-to-plant-and-grow-sweet-potatoes/index.html

kathy
05-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks!

Im not sure if Ill have a rabbit problem or not here. The stockade fence will go all around and the dog will be out there so we will see how good she is at pest control. Its been cold here this spring. Mulch was delivered today to dress up the mess some.

What about that IMF guy getting arrested in NY, good! That guy is one of those one world government "new world order" creeps, I hope they throw the book at him. He thinks he can brutalize people and laugh at them as he flies away..Great Job NYPD.:copper:

old Grump
05-17-2011, 10:45 PM
IMF is supposed to be the money cop for the world, to make sure nobody's monetary policies cause undue hardship on other nations. 3,000 economists in the whole organization who would think they would be the outlaws. Just goes to show that unbridled power can go straight to your gonads and shut off your civilized cells. It's not like he doesn't know better, it was arrogance and lack of any impulse control because he thinks he is above such considerations. I hope he loses everything, status, power, support of his peers and lives the rest of his life alone in a cold water apartment somewhere as a pariah to all who know who he is.

Hedning
05-18-2011, 01:18 AM
The cowboy allright. I havent read one single book out of the 83 Mr Hallbing wrote. I just wonder if they made any success in the USA. A friend of mine got them all and said that I HAD to read them. I think we`ll se about that.

I survived yesterdays celebration of our National day. I hope you remembered to put up the Norwegian flag OG. If not, I have to make you a check list for next years 17. of May.

old Grump
05-18-2011, 01:52 AM
Day late but just for you and the 1/8 of me that is Norwegian.

http://www.norwegian-flag.com/norwegian-flag-640.jpg

Hedning
05-18-2011, 04:39 AM
Thank you very much..

kathy
05-18-2011, 05:41 AM
So glad you survived the celebration Hedning. How do you celebrate there? Firecrackers? Cannons?
:anim_beer-1:

old Grump
05-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Little buddy what is the status on your surgery? Soon I hope and successful I pray.

When you get over that take your women folks out for a picnic and show off your culinary skills with this. All you need is a decent cast iron pan that is cured with a lid and a campfire to put it in.

Frying Pan Cornbread

Cast iron frying pan with lid.

Ziplock bag for dry ingredients:

Add Ingredients
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder

Have on hand
1 egg
1 cup milk, (you can use powdered milk in the dry ingredients and after you add to the pan add a cup of water.)

4 Tablespoons melted butter or oil
2 Tablespoons bacon grease or oil for frying/baking the batter
Optional, sliced or diced hot peppers add to taste.

Cheddar Cheese

Directions:

Make a campfire and let it burn down to coals

Place your cast iron frying pan on medium to hot coals until heated. Drop in about two tablespoons of bacon grease or cooking oil to season the bottom of the pan.
When the oil or grease starts to sizzle, pour in the batter - spreading it evenly over the bottom of the pan. Put the lid on the pan and let bake, check often till done then remove and let cool.

For a whole meal in a pot, take the cornbread batter and spread it on top of a batch of hot, bubbling chili. Put the lid on and let it bake about twenty minutes or until the cornbread is cooked through and browned.

You can also do this over hot dogs, fish fillet's, sausages etc.

btcave
05-18-2011, 11:15 PM
I remember the NORDBAT (Scandinavian) soldiers in Macedonia 1994. They joked that the Americans (as in us) were at war with ourselves because we filled so many sandbags during a UN peacekeeping mission. Great group of guys. Drank like fish! Wish I could of spent some time on their observation posts.

kathy
05-19-2011, 05:12 AM
Good morning! Looks like a great day to go sturr up some trouble. :coffee:

Have a fabulous marvelous day everyone.

63DH8
05-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Happy Birthday Kathy!! :party30::party::anim_beer-1::encore::encore::wootrock::ola::jump::thumbsup:

Happy birthday to you! >dogs howling!<
Happy birthday to yew! >Cats yowling<
Happy Birthday deeeeeeeear Kaaaaaaaathyyyyyyy... >moose bellowing <
Haaaaaappy Birrrrrrrthdaaaaaaaay tooooooooo yeeeeeeewwwwwwww!!!! >geese crashing into trees!<

Thank yew! Thank yew! :you-rock::crazy::wootrock::coffee:

old Grump
05-21-2011, 05:46 AM
Didn't you have a birthing day about this time last year. You sure must like birthday cake. :hoo-yeah:

btcave
05-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Well, Happy Birthday Kathy!

Hedning
05-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Damn it... I missed your birthday party Kathy....... HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Surgery is next tuesday, the 31. Hopefully they put my head back on in the end of the day.

BT... I dont know what it is with Scandinavians and the drinking. Its just a.....habbit. Maybe it comes from the old "mjød" traditions way back..... Hopefully you got to know them so well they let you taste some good aquavit.

Iv had a great weekend. Me and the rest of the moose hunters stayed up in our hunting cabin all weekend. Saturday we held the traditional shooting competition. 150m at a moose calf, 100m at a deer, 50m at a moose standing position. And 40m at a running moose. Fixed a target to a string at let it loose down a slope. Fun as hell. I made a little twist to it this year. I brought the old Springfield Trapdoor instead of the scoped tack driver.

BBQ afterwards got a little heavy for some, but I dont think anyone struggles with pink elephants today. You are not suffering from a bad hangover untill you see pink elephants.

kathy
05-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks everyone especially 63D for the party! It was a quiet BDay, sons called and I got mulch and a wheel barrel.

Ill keep you in my prayers Hedning, pray they put the head back in the correct place. :santa2:

old Grump
05-22-2011, 08:23 PM
At least get it to face the right way because it would be hard to recognize you otherwise.

There was a Swedish biker and his Norwegian buddy on a long cross country motorcycle trip using one bike. The Norwegian riding in back was complaining that the wind was getting inside his jacket and raising havoc with his chest.

The Swede tells him to put his jacket on backwards and he won't have that problem, he put the jacket on backwards and it was much better.

They went over a really rough stretch of road and at the end the Swede noticed his buddy wasn't there so he went back to look for him. He found him sitting up against the wheel of a pick up truck and a crew of construction workers standing around him.

The biker says, "Oh my gosh, is he okay." The construction foreman says I think so, he was making a terrible fuss after he fell off your bike but once we turned his head around to face the right direction he got quiet and hasn't said a word since.

I don't drink but I will have an Aqua Vit for you on the 31'st. You stay off motorcycles.

kathy
05-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Good afternoon, its cold and rainy again here... no summer for us.. nope.

Son got his "CIF" he should be out in a couple months... I hope. Hes getting steroid injections in his spine. He says because of his age they dont want to fuse his vertebra. He will likely get at least 80 percent disability if not 100.

Hedning
05-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Kathy, I must have missed something. What has happened to your son? Doesent sound too good even if he gets 100%.

OG...Ill be back with an answer to your little joke up there.

I was watching Discovery the other day. The thing I watched disturbed me. It was about Alaska. Now, is it really true that alcohol is kind of forbidden up there? I mean, holy crap. Isnt America the land of the free? Sounds awful lot like something the El Bastardos over here could decide.

Little one turns 7 today. She called me at 6:30 this morning, screaming. So happy with the new bike I got for her. I wish I could stop time. I dont want her to grow up, but to stay 6 for ever.

South east Norway has been cold as hell for a week, but looks good and feels good today. I sure hope this summer turns out better than the last one. That was one big pile of crap.

The other day I found a new source for gunparts to the old old firearms. My dentist!! Yes, my dentist. He just need the old broken one and that I tell him how it should look. Then he just make a mold and cast a brand new one out of "teeth" steal. I used to hate dentists....

Ha en jævlig fin dag folkens..

kathy
05-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Hedning lots of stuff happened to him, he spent 14 months in Baghdad before the surge. He had some head trauma and his back and knees are wrecked explosions ruck sack etc, anyway he will be out soon and I will be so glad. I hope they decide to move here, his new wife is living in TX she likes CT.

Dentists with guns, I know here in the USA doctors have been increasingly collecting guns reportedly. Also I never heard of alcohol being illegal in Alaska..

I think the mystery vegetable is cucumber. They already have those strings that grab onto everything growing. Maybe I can make pickles!!! :lol2:

old Grump
05-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Frost warning in part of my state tonight, my lilies are growing good and my rhubarb is ready to pick but I haven't even looked at the garden. To wet and I'm still fighting whatever bug it is I am fighting since last November so when I have a good day outside I am having a bad one inside. I need that warm weather to get here and stay here.

I think I have decided to go with a straw bale garden and not mess with tilling this year. Only thing in the fields around here is hay, between floods, hail, tornadoes, cold in late May. Hard to believe that summer is only 24 days away.

I'm glad somebody got a garden in. Watch those cucumbers and get them when they are just ready. You wait one day to long and they will double in size over night and there goes pickling. Same for sweet corn. I had a nice little mess of it last fall and the day I said I was going to pick it the next day is the night they came in and took my corn and stomped my squash into the ground. I had planted the squash with my corn because it was supposed to keep critters out of my corn. They lied.

What joke? If you wear your jacket backwards hang on tight and don't fall off the bike.

kathy
05-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Sorry for your cold hanging on so long, I hope warm weather comes your way soon. It just warmed up here it has been cold and rainy until Wednesday.

Rhubarb... I didnt grow any. My strawberries are small and rubbery I dont know how that happened, I think it will make more later... I hope so, have to learn how to grow them. Then maybe I can mix them with your rhubarb and we can have strawberry rhubarb pie. Sugar free of course. :coffee:

Hedning
05-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Holy crap Kathy. I hope he gets out before soon... Loosing my voice is like a itch in the ass compared to that. Give him my thoughts from Norway.

OG... Ill hang on to the bike allright. Hopefully the surgery can make me loud enough to tell you some good sweedish jokes.... Frost coming your way? Funny, same shit here. Almost froze my balls off today.

Have you guys heard of an American lady named Beth Hart? Mona is covering her concert over here tonight. Portrait and everything. Been hanging out with her all day. Damn she got a special voice and sound. Reminds me of Janis Joplin. She is no Diva thats for sure.

If you want a good laugh vissit http://damnyouautocorrect.com/
I laughed so hard I barely missed to wet my pants.

Fun fact.... all over the world we use to clap our hands when we are pleased by something. At theaters, concerts etc... But have you ever thought of why we do that?.. It started in the ancient Roman empire. During outside shows people used to smack mosqitos in between acts. It was decided that this was disrespectful behaviour. But the actors was used to it, and didnt feel right with the silence. So the clapping was reintroduced as a "do it even if there are no mosqitos"..... Very bad english, I know, but you get the picture. Just heard it on the radio.

Have a great weekend all...

Hedning
05-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Surgery was like a walk in the woods... If you hit a rock head first...... and then wake up to a friendly female voice. Those drugs really works.

Painless deal. Little sore throat and dizzy, no big deal ....Voice is..... I dont know yet. Feels different though. Not been able to speak yet, not sure if I dare either. Total silence kind of ruins the day.

Been little activity in here the last few days. Everybody ok?

old Grump
05-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Well if the doctor and administrator didn't bring you forms to sign absolving them of any responsibility and the nurses aren't whispering around you and looking sad then you are probably good to go. Practice up and you can teach me a Norwegian beer drinking song when you get here.

kathy
05-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Hedning Im so glad you got the surgery over with. The worst part is waiting. I send your regards to him, I requested the Army flag over the capitol here for memorial day for his fallen buddies. They will write a nice letter and I will give him the falg when he comes here.

Air Force son got married Friday, they look so happy. Im so glad to have a lovely red headed DIL. Maybe we'll get some red headed grand childrens!!!

I rode around upstate NY all weekend then volunteered at the polls for budget voting today, I know more people in this town than all towns I ever lived in put together after 6 months. I LOVE this town, it ROCKS!!!:dancingsmile: Life is good here.

63DH8
06-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Looks like this weekend is going to be sunny, starting from this Friday! :thumbsup: If all goes well, I should have my lawnmower up and running. It needs all it's belts replaced. It's going to need it too! The grass in my front yard comes up to my belt. I have smoke from little camp fires rising through the grass where hikers have gotten lost! I may have to use the brush mower there first to knock the grass down enough so I can use my riding mower.

Afterwards, the potato cannon gets built! Then, the BBQer. Somewheres in there, I have to get the loader for my tractor stripped so I can get it sandblasted and painted. She's getting all new hydraulics too! :coffee:

kathy
06-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Nice 63D! Im growing potatoes, you can have the extra for the potato gun...:gruebel::wondering::thumbspbig:

old Grump
06-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Afterwards, the potato cannon gets built! Then, the BBQer. Somewheres in there, I have to get the loader for my tractor stripped so I can get it sandblasted and painted. She's getting all new hydraulics too! :coffee:
In your spare time you are going to paint your house and re-roof the neighbors barn? I got exhausted just reading your list. I have a list too but I keep it under a large rock way back in the field, It doesn't bother me or make me feel guilty for not doing it when it's that far out of sight. :laugh:

btcave
06-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Heather and I are off to open up the Gold Butte fire lookout for the season. The ranger station says there is still 3 to 4 feet of snow at the gate. Looks like about a 2 mile pack in. Today I get to find out if my back can hold up with a pack on. The weather here is clear with about 84 degrees expected. Should have some breath taking scenery.

old Grump
06-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Heather and I are off to open up the Gold Butte fire lookout for the season. The ranger station says there is still 3 to 4 feet of snow at the gate. Looks like about a 2 mile pack in. Today I get to find out if my back can hold up with a pack on. The weather here is clear with about 84 degrees expected. Should have some breath taking scenery.
Good luck, have fun, take lots of pictures and don't over do it. How about a cheap plastic toboggan/sled with the gear strapped to it to pull behind you instead of lugging it. Works on grass and mud as well as snow...ask me how I know. I found hip packs are okay with my back but back packs are a long gone item, A loaded vest is better but still a pain in the sciatic after awhile.

kathy
06-05-2011, 08:10 AM
BTCave sounds fun, and pictures plenty of pictures please. A sled sounds like a great idea, if its down hill part of the way you could ride.

Hedning
06-05-2011, 03:46 PM
BT, if you run down hill on something, I sure hope you get it on tape.

I hope all of you enjoy summer. Its been so nice the last couple days. Arround 20-24C.

Surgery was fine allright, yes. But can I talk? No. Im loosing my mind here. Ill give them a call in the morning so they can have a look see down there. Could be me not knowing how to speak the right way anymore, but I want them to check it out anyway. Maybe you have to have a ton of paper and brand new pencils arround when I finally make it over OG.

old Grump
06-05-2011, 05:58 PM
BT, if you run down hill on something, I sure hope you get it on tape.

I hope all of you enjoy summer. Its been so nice the last couple days. Arround 20-24C.

Surgery was fine allright, yes. But can I talk? No. Im loosing my mind here. Ill give them a call in the morning so they can have a look see down there. Could be me not knowing how to speak the right way anymore, but I want them to check it out anyway. Maybe you have to have a ton of paper and brand new pencils arround when I finally make it over OG.You don't remember the mess on my desk do you, I puy pens and pencils by the hundreds and I have reams of lined and typing paper. How could you lose your mind when you are Norwegian, how would you know? That's two zingers you owe me, you are getting behind on the count.

We will get some genuine Wisconsin junk food in you and your voice will come out loud and clear. You will be singing like Luciano Pavarotti, do you know any Italian operas? If you insist I suppose you could do Norwegian opera instead, how about doing Thora paa Rimol. It wouldn't have to be very good since I wouldn't understand it anyway.

Hedning
06-07-2011, 03:01 AM
I remember your desk all right, but I thought it was just for show. I just didnt belive your swedish brain knew how to use lined paper. Oh, and the end with the sharp tip is supposed to be facing downwards to the paper. Just wanted to let you know. And dont poke your eyes with it. Iv seen sweeds do that when they get confused about how to use them.

Voice is getting there... belive it or not. But I have to concentrate so hard. As soon as Im talking to someone its easy to get out of it. I dont know how long I can keep an interesting conversation with my self. Im running out of subjects.

Got myself a knew cell phone yesterday. I got sick of Nokia. So Samsung it is. I dont know if you can call it a phone anymore. Getting your old contacts over from the old one is like pissing in an angle.

Give me a heads up when you are about to have a new postal match. I would like to try one. I dont have a 22 anymore. I sold the Hämmerli. Think Ill get myself a Ruger MkII or III. Or a revolver. I would need a DA use it in competitions. I think Smith is the way to go. Ill search the used marked.

Any rattlers out yet folks? I havent seen any Vipers yet over here. We got a mice year going, so I guess they`ll breed like rats. Crap...

Weather is everything but good. Had a well grown thunderstorm yesterday and its been raining like crazy. The sweeds here has been told to stay inside. If they go outside they`ll drown when they open their mouth.

kathy
06-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Hedning I hope they figure out where your voice went, you cant let OG get the upper hand.

Poured here yesterday, but the sun is out this morning. Hopefully it will stay that way today. I bathed my dog yesterday, she looks like a puff ball. :laugh:

old Grump
06-07-2011, 07:10 PM
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?10164-Postal-Match-Rules-2011

Rules for postal match, nobody was shooting on mine so I'm just shooting on the C&R match. May is gone but you can still shoot June July and August and win the big prize because only the top 3 targets will be counted.

Pointy end down, got it, I just wrote it on all my erasers. What happens if I use an ink pen?

Do not worry about the rattle snakes, they all drowned. If it helps we have a nice bumper crop of cotton mouth snakes growing but they aren't very big yet. They are barely a meter long.

I told my mosquitoes about you and they can hardly wait. They are hoping for some nice tender sweet tasting blood so don't eat any garlic before you come. That's what they don't like about me. I taste like fish, onion and garlic to them. They sure are fussy little bugs.

Jeanne said she will watch me real close to make sure I get the pointy end down. She gave me some pencils with the pointy end on both ends.

:laugh:

In the high 90's up on the ridges, 100 down here in the valley but tomorrow we should get rain. 1900 hours and it is still 95 F, that's 35 C to the rest of the world. Two weeks ago I had frost and a week ago I had 58 F rain and high winds. If you don't like the weather in Wisconsin just wait a minute. I didn't get no bath this morning but I feel like a puffball. The humidity is crazy. People are just now getting their corn in and their first crop of hay cut. A month late but with this moisture and heat everything is going to grow absolutely insane.

kathy
06-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Pointy end down eh :gruebel: Explains a few things...

old Grump
06-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Pointy end down eh :gruebel: Explains a few things...
Don't stop there, keep expounding. Don't worry we won't tell anybody. :shss: No we won't, honest we won't.

kathy
06-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Don't stop there, keep expounding. Don't worry we won't tell anybody. :shss: No we won't, honest we won't.

I recently discovered this principle also works with shovels! :laugh:

Hedning
06-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Speaking of shovels.... A while back we had a nasty injury where a boy got smacked by his brother.. using a shovel. He just wanted to kill a bee than was about to land on his face.... I got to add that those two boys aint rocket scientists. They are good boys, but they lack the feeling of whats dangerous and not. They are the definition of inbreed hillbilly rednecks.

Still rain and shit over here. Where the hell did that nice sunny weather go? OG, you are talking about 30 C... Lucky bastard, even though I find that a little too hot. But its better than rain.

Little one played a soccer match today. They lost 7 to 5. Damn it.. They behave like bees arround a bowl of sugar.

You should have been here the coming weekend OG. The national clay pigeon shooting championship starts on saturday. Blackpowder that is.... I dont think I can go because Dina has a soccer cup going. Iv loaded up some 10 gauge shells for the old Win 1887. Ready to go if I can... I know I know... Im pretty much useless with a shotgun, but Iv been training you see. I can actually hit the barn when Im inside it now. Im learning...

old Grump
06-09-2011, 04:19 PM
I can actually hit the barn when Im inside it now. Im learning... If I am inside I have a 50-50 chance of hitting the right wall. If i am outside and I'nm real close the odds are better because I can't see the other walls. Choices only confuse me.

Better do the soccer match thing, those days are over before you know it and when you get old and gray you will have lots of time for matches.

60 degrees today (15C) Storm went through last night and a good part of South Wisconsin has moved to the East. Took a Mule ride to the back field and even though I didn't lose any trees every single dead branch on any tree back there is now on the ground. It was kind of hard moving in a couple pf places. Need to get the trailer hooked up and go back to do some heavy pick up.

I thought about shovel work and I thought about vine trimming but it was so cold I went into the shop and cleaned guns and brass instead.

kathy
06-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Those boys sound like they might get added to the annual Darwin awards someday. :thguns:

I have a picture of my son using a shovel for a pillow in Iraq when he was in the Marines, someone snapped it while he was asleep.

We had a awful thunderstorm here tonight, the sky got very dark and a green like before a tornado. I was glad when it passed. :gum:

james01
06-16-2011, 10:40 AM
If you do'nt like the weather up there, do what i did. move to tx., :laugh:

63DH8
06-16-2011, 12:37 PM
The weather is bright and sunny, with a few clouds here and there.

I was asked if I would till the local church's community garden yesterday or the day before. They had someone till it under already, but like the quality of work my tiller produces. I don't charge for my service because it's for the community and church. Besides, I enjoy the seat time on my tractor. :coffee:

63DH8
06-16-2011, 12:39 PM
After 35 years of marriage, a husband and wife came for counseling. When asked what the problem was, the wife went into a passionate, painful tirade listing every problem they had ever had in the years they had been married.

On and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness, feeling unloved and unlovable, an entire laundry list of unmet needs she had endured.

Finally, after allowing this for a sufficient length of time, the therapist got up, walked around the desk and after asking the wife to stand, embraced and kissed her passionately as her husband watched with a raised eyebrow.

The woman shut up and quietly sat down as though in a daze. The therapist turned to the husband and said, 'this is what your wife needs at least 3 times a week. Can you do this?'

'Well, I can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I fish.'

old Grump
06-16-2011, 05:18 PM
After 35 years of marriage, a husband and wife came for counseling. When asked what the problem was, the wife went into a passionate, painful tirade listing every problem they had ever had in the years they had been married.

On and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness, feeling unloved and unlovable, an entire laundry list of unmet needs she had endured.

Finally, after allowing this for a sufficient length of time, the therapist got up, walked around the desk and after asking the wife to stand, embraced and kissed her passionately as her husband watched with a raised eyebrow.

The woman shut up and quietly sat down as though in a daze. The therapist turned to the husband and said, 'this is what your wife needs at least 3 times a week. Can you do this?'

'Well, I can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I fish.'
Get her a bicycle, what's the problem?

old Grump
06-16-2011, 05:20 PM
In answer to the question, 'Do you have any dependents?',

I put ...... 'Asylum seekers, illegal immigrants, crack heads, unemployable bastards,
the cast of The Jerry Springer Show, 80,000 people in our 133 penal establishments in Texas,
leftovers in Texas from Katrina, half of f------- Mexico, Some of the Congress, most of the Senate and a Muslim President!'

................. Apparently this wasn't an acceptable answer.

kathy
06-16-2011, 08:32 PM
:laughingtohard:

Sunshine today. Not much else going on here to mention. Thankfully.

btcave
06-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Poetic OG!

63DH8
06-18-2011, 02:36 AM
Get her a bicycle, what's the problem?

She can walk. :coffee:

kathy
06-19-2011, 07:25 PM
My new town is asking if I would run for the board of selectman, its part time. I dont know much about running a town. It will be a learning curve.

Also my son got me a greenhouse, we put it together this weekend. Fun fun...:laugh:

btcave
06-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Oooh, greenhouse. I'd like one someday too.

Tried to kill myself doing yard work. 2 acres generates large brush piles. Seems like I just cut back this stuff not too long ago. Got to remind myself that being deployed for a year and being crippled for 6 months, you get kinda behind the curve. Garden is growing!

Mulched the flower beds around the house as well.

Daughter gave me True Grit on blu-ray DVD. Looking forward to seeing how "the dude" plays ol' Rooster.

kathy
06-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Oooh, greenhouse. I'd like one someday too.

Tried to kill myself doing yard work. 2 acres generates large brush piles. Seems like I just cut back this stuff not too long ago. Got to remind myself that being deployed for a year and being crippled for 6 months, you get kinda behind the curve. Garden is growing!

Mulched the flower beds around the house as well.

Daughter gave me True Grit on blu-ray DVD. Looking forward to seeing how "the dude" plays ol' Rooster.

Be careful, you managed to outsmart the enemy..

Yes, I never thought Id have one... or a garden for that matter. Maybe Ill even start cooking! :thumbsup:

Let me know how the movie was, I never saw the new one. I just recently watched the entire original.

Hedning
06-28-2011, 04:13 PM
How is the summer going over there? ITs darn hard to know what you get when you wake up over here. You might shake like a leaf in the morning and sweat like a x-mas pig at noon.

My voice suddenly went the same way as the kebab I ate last night. Down the sewer... Im sick of it. So you better figure out those pencils OG.

In a couple weeks I will get some days to make a little trip. We are going to Hitra Norway and Lysekil Sweeden. Nothing big, but its going to be great just to relax and use as much time as possible to do as little as possible.

old Grump
06-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Wet for a week then hot for a few days. Today was perfect temp, just a little breeze and a few clouds. Got outside to do a little shooting and some brush cutting and I hope it rains like crazy tomorrow because I won't be able to move.

I am sorry to hear about the voice, just a little bug that goes away I hope. Don't worry about pencils as long as you can give me a thumbs up or a finger salute. We are adjustable at the Little Hut in the Woods. Enjoy your days off and rest your voice. I expect to hear you singing opera, if you can't do that then you better learn to play the flute:coffee:
Or we could just put ear muffs on, shoot a lot of targets and eat a lot of food that the doctors say is bad for us. If that doesn't fix you up nothing will.

kathy
06-30-2011, 10:34 AM
We should make a flute language, it would be difficult to curse and argue in "flute".
:bee:

old Grump
06-30-2011, 06:19 PM
It would have warbled today, it was a little over 93 degrees, (34 C) and the humidity made it seem like 105, (40.5 C). I was out in it with a hay fork moving hay around till my nephew says "If I quit will you quit?" I couldn't argue with the boys logic. My shoulders are screaming at me right now. If I can walk tomorrow I am going to do it again....Hey I never said I was smart, just good looking.

kathy
07-01-2011, 04:52 AM
It would have warbled today, it was a little over 93 degrees, (34 C) and the humidity made it seem like 105, (40.5 C). I was out in it with a hay fork moving hay around till my nephew says "If I quit will you quit?" I couldn't argue with the boys logic. My shoulders are screaming at me right now. If I can walk tomorrow I am going to do it again....Hey I never said I was smart, just good looking.

yep... I hurt my back wrapping up the greenhouse assembly. Yet somehow I couldn't rest, I was out there digging everyday. Be careful you want to enjoy the summer.

Its tough to know what the weather is doing here, hot and humid one day cold and rainy the next. Hope you all enjoy the 4th celebrating our Liberty, lets not let the politicians take what left of it.

:piggy-bank:

old Grump
07-01-2011, 07:43 PM
99 today and I was out here with a pitchfork, rake, mulching mower and some hay making mulch for the garden. Sister says I'm not to bright but its the 15 year old nephew down with the heat not the old coot. Maybe I'm to dumb to know I can't take the heat anymore.

James says Hi Kathy, He is just outside Birmingham on his way to Georgia and where he is at he can't get on line. He's going to bed and I was supposed to say Hi to everybody.

I keep forgetting to take the picture of your sign, I will try and do it tomorrow before I forget again. Are you still mulling over another run for office?

james01
07-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi every one I'm in a place i can get online, so today I'll say Hi to everyone myself.:eyebrows::smiley20::duh:

btcave
07-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi every one I'm in a place i can get online, so today I'll say Hi to everyone myself.:eyebrows::smiley20::duh:

Hi oh!

old Grump
07-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi oh!He's lives in Texas but rarely gets to see it because he is on the road all year round. That's how come only 15 posts in a year and most of them here in the kitchen around the coffee pot. I keep telling him he needs to come up my way so he can play with his guns but they won't pay him for going someplace without a load so I have to shoot my guns and his guns too. It's a tough life but somebody has to do it.

james01
07-02-2011, 06:35 PM
If all your friends knew just how much of an effort you had to force yourself to take my gun's out to shoot.:

btcave
07-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Long haul wouldn't be for me. Tough life. My respects, sir!

OG's got to keep them shootin irons tuned you know.

old Grump
07-03-2011, 05:09 AM
Well if they are stored in my house I have to clean and oil them and if I have to clean them they might as well get dirty first. Besides he has some nice guns.

james01
07-03-2011, 02:52 PM
thank you,AFTER THREE ONE HALF YEAR'S of going to vietnam, and almost 44year's of driving truck's, i'm ready to retire, just cant afford to.

james01
07-03-2011, 03:00 PM
OG, I got to the truck stop iI was telling you about, but the restraunt is closed for the holliday's.and I was looking forward to some good southern home cooking.

old Grump
07-03-2011, 03:36 PM
OG, I got to the truck stop iI was telling you about, but the restraunt is closed for the holliday's.and I was looking forward to some good southern home cooking.Well git your butt here then, we are doing fogs on the frill, faked feans and fotato salad. I happen to know where your ammunition and your guns are and I just printed out a whole mess of targets. Beautiful day today, 84 degree's, low humidity for a change, partly cloudy so the light is just right and only a 5mph wind. Even you could hit a target today. I just thought of something, you have never fired your 7MM Mag since I put the new scope on it have you? Not to worry, I'll shoot it for you and post the target. It doesn't shoot bad for a cheap Ruger M77. :laugh: I think this clean Wisconsin air is good for it, maybe you better just leave it with me for a few more years.

Relax, you know I'm just F-F-F-F-messing with you. Gives me an idea though, I will cycle your guns through the 100 yard line and post you some targets.

james01
07-04-2011, 10:01 AM
can tell your feeeeeling better today,if my M77 is too low rent , dont hurt yourself be shooting it.:big-gun:

james01
07-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Kathy,,,,when are you going to quite running for the little offices and just go for the big house?:zwinker12:

old Grump
07-04-2011, 01:08 PM
My new town is asking if I would run for the board of selectman, its part time. I dont know much about running a town. It will be a learning curve.

Also my son got me a greenhouse, we put it together this weekend. Fun fun...:laugh:

Well if anybody on your town asks you if you have any support you can tell then you are national not just local.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg17/scaled.php?server=17&filename=voteforkathy.jpg&res=medium

Your Wisconsin headquarters has its own airmail service location.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg189/scaled.php?server=189&filename=airmailmailbox.jpg&res=medium

And your airmail pilot has his own refueling and recreational facilities.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg35/scaled.php?server=35&filename=airmailpilotsterminal.jpg&res=medium

The vine growing around that feeder is one of my trumpet vines. In another month it will be full of the long red flowers, I hope. I got a ton of seed pods off of it last fall and most of them werre already empty so I figure the birds got into them and now there will be trumpet vines everywhere. Makes my humming birds and some of my bee's happy. It will be 3 to 5 years before I see where they are, they start out pretty slow. It would be nice if they just took over my whole fence line. That would be pretty.

btcave
07-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Just don't let one of those grow up the side of your house OG.

Not good for the siding... so I've heard. hehe.:conf44:

old Grump
07-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Just don't let one of those grow up the side of your house OG.

Not good for the siding... so I've heard. hehe.:conf44:You heard right, I have to go up every spring or fall and get the tendrils out from under the siding all the way up to the peak of the roof.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg834/scaled.php?server=834&filename=dsc00182le.jpg&res=medium

Here is my airmail pilot, A Rosebreasted Grossbeak

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg87/scaled.php?server=87&filename=rosebreastedgrossbeak.jpg&res=medium

kathy
07-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Great pictures OG, I have more of them if you want them for targets...LOL

Happy Independence Day, Thank YOU ALL for my Freedom.

old Grump
07-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Great pictures OG, I have more of them if you want them for targets...LOL

Happy Independence Day, Thank YOU ALL for my Freedom.Appreciate the offer but for the postage it would cost I can print out a lot of targets and they won't have your picture on them. Now if you could talk your opponent into spending her money to send me all of her old posters I wouldn't feel so guilty about shooting at them. :laugh:

kathy
07-05-2011, 06:09 AM
LOL OG.

Beautiful day here, its back to work today. Love those vines, I need to attract hummingbirds to my house. Love those critters. :happydance:

Hedning
07-06-2011, 11:47 AM
How many of you survived 4. of July?

I remember something from our history classes back in 1980 something. Our teacher said that 4. of July might be the wrong date. He said that many belive that August 2. 1776 was the day when the declaration of independence was signed.... Was he full of shit or what? You guys probably know everything that is needed to know about this.

Norway is good now. In the 77 F area. And just two days till I can relax some. Not for long, but still.

OG, mail me your address. I got something here that you need. Its even swedish and yellow.

kathy
07-06-2011, 05:46 PM
I survived, we went riding in the catskill mountains all weekend. Enjoy your relaxing time..:bee:

old Grump
07-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Nephew and I came down with something from dry hay mold when we were spreading it around but we will survive. Quiet day and that's just fine for us dinosaurs.

btcave
07-06-2011, 07:22 PM
How many of you survived 4. of July?

I remember something from our history classes back in 1980 something. Our teacher said that 4. of July might be the wrong date. He said that many belive that August 2. 1776 was the day when the declaration of independence was signed.... Was he full of shit or what? You guys probably know everything that is needed to know about this.

I lived. Fired off black powder.

During the American Revolution, the legal separation of the Thirteen Colonies from Great Britain occurred on July 2, 1776, when the Second Continental Congress voted to approve a resolution of independence that had been proposed in June by Richard Henry Lee of Virginia.[4][5] After voting for independence, Congress turned its attention to the Declaration of Independence, a statement explaining this decision, which had been prepared by a Committee of Five, with Thomas Jefferson as its principal author. Congress debated and revised the Declaration, finally approving it on July 4. A day earlier, John Adams had written to his wife Abigail:

The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.[6]

Adams's prediction was off by two days. From the outset, Americans celebrated independence on July 4, the date shown on the much-publicized Declaration of Independence, rather than on July 2, the date the resolution of independence was approved in a closed session of Congress.[7]

Historians have long disputed whether Congress actually signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, even though Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and Benjamin Franklin all later wrote that they had signed it on that day. Most historians have concluded that the Declaration was signed nearly a month after its adoption, on August 2, 1776, and not on July 4 as is commonly believed.[8][9][10][11][12]

In a remarkable coincidence, both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, the only signers of the Declaration of Independence later to serve as Presidents of the United States, died on the same day: July 4, 1826, which was the 50th anniversary of the Declaration. Although not a signer of the Declaration of Independence, James Monroe, the Fifth President of the United States, died on July 4, 1831. Calvin Coolidge, the Thirtieth President, was born on July 4, 1872, and, so far, was the only President to be born on Independence Day

kathy
07-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Good news that you survived OG, mold is terrible for your lungs.

Im having a hard time growing anything in the greenhouse. It gets way too hot and everything bakes. Trying a cloth cover over part of it. The majority of the seedlings died and the sweet potatoes rotted. Trial and error, the rest of my first garden is thriving though.

old Grump
07-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Good news that you survived OG, mold is terrible for your lungs.

Im having a hard time growing anything in the greenhouse. It gets way too hot and everything bakes. Trying a cloth cover over part of it. The majority of the seedlings died and the sweet potatoes rotted. Trial and error, the rest of my first garden is thriving though.No vents in your green house?

kathy
07-08-2011, 06:48 AM
No vents in your green house?

One in the top, which has been open. The door is also open, the fabric on part of the top seems to really help. Well see, I planted some more seeds. The Rhubarb is nearly all wiped out and the little carrots and parsley also expired.

old Grump
07-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Kathy, did you get your cooling problem solved, this could be a bad time of the year to be doing a green house without a lot of vents or forced air ventilation. I never played with the kind of green house you have so I don't know what to suggest except maybe a space blanket shiny side up an top of the house to provide shade and deflect some of the heat. I just pulled that out of my huh huh because I don't know what else to say.

We go from 70's and a lot of rain to 80's and 90's and dry ground. Will be wet tomorrow and 96 Sunday so that is how our summer has gone, don't like the weather wait a minute.

The hanging plants on my porch are happy, they get a jug of water every day which just flows on through and waters my porch railing but the combination with the heat seems to work.

Here are the trumpet flowers that bloomed right after I took the last picture of my bird feeder and a couple of my hangers. The bottles beneath the first plant are what I use for plinking targets.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg21/scaled.php?server=21&filename=july2011flowers006.jpg&res=medium

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg268/scaled.php?server=268&filename=july2011flowers003.jpg&res=medium

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg16/scaled.php?server=16&filename=july2011flowers001.jpg&res=medium

The vegetable garden was a complete bust, I just couldn't get out there to work it and when I did I picked up this mold that has hit my lungs and sapped my get up and go. I still go but at about half speed and for half the amount of time I would like to go. My nephew got over it and I see the doctor on the 25th so hopefully he will get me over it.

Now tell me about your campaign, are you going to do it, it's been awful quiet from Connecticut lately. Or as brother James01 says it, K-K-K-Konentinetikenti....aw the heck with it.

btcave
07-15-2011, 07:05 PM
OG - Get yourself well. Your too young to be at half speed all the time... or too ornery to be at half speed.

I had to look up how to spell "ornery".

kathy
07-16-2011, 05:33 AM
OG keeping a good thought for the mold to leave you alone, its got to go. Be well!

I covered a small section of the greenhouse with a thin hospital blanket, that made a huge difference. I have all sorts of salad type seedlings in there now. The sweet potatoes rotted in the heat though. Maybe next year. I ordered a clementine tree to go in there.

Nice spelling BC you be well also.

Hedning
07-19-2011, 12:24 PM
That pile of plinking targets looks tempting OG....

We are back from Hitra. Just got home. Weather was great all the time. Didnt get any fish. I had a few following up the first 60 yds from the bottom, but that was it. Fishing at 130-150 yds depth is a lot of fun. But a lot more fun when you get them into the boat..... Got to go and help Mona with the dirty clothes. Ill be back....

Hedning
07-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Jesus guys. We are under attack. First the bomb in Oslo. Now a person dressed up as a policeman started to shoot at the youth at the AUF summer party. AUF is the youth organisation of the prime ministers party. So the shooting has to do with the official politics over here. Terror big time. I was in Oslo when the bomb went off. Luckily I was a few miles north. Mona has a lot of friends working in those buildings. Iv said it before. Our government is so full of naive monkeys its hard to comprehend. The security in our capital is so poor. I could easily fill my backpack full of dynamite and walk right through the door of that building that was the target today. If that slick excuse for a Prime Minister doesent step down Ill pick up an axe..... Over and out.

old Grump
07-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Jeanne and I were talking about that this morning and I have been worried ever since the first bombing report came out. Don't even joke about axes and dynamite, right now they are looking for any excuse to grab somebody to blame this crapola on. Stay safe and watch out. Lord there is a reason I hate big cities. The cities are fine it's just that they are full of people and people in a crowd are stupid and vulnerable.

kathy
07-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Glad your all OK over there Hedning. I agree with OG stay safe. Praying that was the end of it.

Hedning
07-23-2011, 04:23 AM
Right wing christian conservative. Yep, blond etnic pure Norwegian too. Ill be the first to appoligize to the Islamic world. Sorry, I was wrong. The enemy is the one beliveing in extrem actions no matter what he believes.

It takes a strong believer to go on for 2 hours shooting what I would call kids. I only wish one person from our HV (national guard) lived on that island. He would have had 100 rounds for his HK91. Could have been over in 15 minutes. A marksman or a hunter for that matter. Now I guess we will have the anti gun preachers all over again. I hope people would start to understand that its mankind that is the most deadly weapon out there. Take away every firearm all over the world. We would still have it. Swords and axes have slayed more people than firearms. Its mankind we should ban.

Gunworld as you know are divided in two. Those who belive firearms cause death and those who belive they keep a balance. I belive they keep a balance. In the civilian life I mean. We have allways had the right to protect ourselves. They just try to take the means away from us. A single attacker would not be able to kill 84 kids if there were armed civilians arround. Its just a matter of simple math.

I have to give our Prime Minister some credit too. Damn it. He held a rather good speach last night. And he will not change anything.... he says. We`ll see. Security of government buildings however have to change. Iv heard that the bomb went of in the 3. floor. Jesus, how is that possible. A fertilizer bomb of that size keeps you busy for more than 15 minutes. Blond and dressed like a policeman helps you a lot, but you still got a few crates to carry. Id and all.

I was supposed to go to the range today. But Ill stay home and turn myself into an old grump. No offence OG.

james01
07-23-2011, 12:42 PM
I've been hearing about this on the radio, and this morning i got a local newspaper and read everything that was in the paper, My condallolences to all the people of Oslo, who lost loved ones yesterday.

Hedning
07-24-2011, 04:13 AM
What a mess. That guy have used 9 years to plan this thing. He has written a manifest, 1500 pages.

Next week, and we are back in track. You cant change after an attack like that. To me that is loosing. Ill be working a few block away from the bomb site, so I guess it will be hard to overlook it. Might sound strange, but Im happy he was was a Norwegian. If he was one of our "new Norwegians" we would have had war in the streets right now.

kathy
07-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Hedning they are reporting here he is nut who is copying the rantings of several lunatics. No ideology other than anyone other than who he randomly approves of has a right to exist in Norway.

Sick man, terrible loss of life. My condolences to the citizens of your nation.

Hedning
08-09-2011, 03:15 PM
What the hell happened in here?? Lost your fingers?

Norway is getting darker at night. I dont like it. Still shorts and good to be out, but you can feel the air changing.

One of my workmates lost one of his daughter to that raving lunatic. Both his daughters was out there. Just one came back.... Those kids are out with their storys now. Its dreadfull.

Lets talk about something nice... Nicest thing for me is that Im waiting for two rifles to arrive. One Remington Hepburn and one Winchester Highwall. Both bought cheap. I have to say that Im good at finding old cheap and very nice guns. It takes a lot of hours, but its worth it. OG, you should try those old blackpowder thingys. Holy smoke (literally) that is on big pile of fun....

kathy
08-10-2011, 05:43 AM
Yes, where is OG Im starting to worry. He had mold making him sick.

We have lunatics here also Hedning, its too horrifying to comprehend. I pray for those people who get targeted by the insane.

"right wing" here in the US doesn't mean the same as it does elsewhere. It means the belief that the government must be limited and individual Freedom must be preserved.

Have a great day, the very best for you and yours.

old Grump
08-11-2011, 03:58 AM
Getting better but still short on endurance. Got outside the last two days and got my mowing done, hopefully tomorrow I can get some shooting done. Between the mobs in Milwaukee, the fruit loop in Norway and the riots in England it's beginning to feel like the Mideast where they have been doing that crap all spring and all summer. I think its more than just the nasty hay mold that made me sick, the whole damn world is losing it's collective mind.

Hedning
08-11-2011, 03:47 PM
There you are.. hope you will be back on the right track by tomorrow. There are a few bad apples arround in our world. Let the worms have them.

Did you receive my mail? Im having some issues with the connection at work. Very strange things happen. Like not being able to connect to gunsnet and some features just dont work in my Yahoo account.

kathy
08-14-2011, 06:31 PM
OG glad you are out and about again. The world is spinning a little faster these days, but I have hope it will be OK. My liberal niece was sympathizing with the rioters in England...???? She isn't talking to me anymore after I gave her my thoughts. No big loss if you ask me.

I have been canning the abundance of goodies from my garden, marinara sauce in jars galore and more will be prepared tomorrow. I got a big pressure caner. pickles cherries strawberry jam.. sugarless so its more like syrup and I will be making sugarless apple butter when its apple season. What fun. :happydance:

old Grump
08-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Oh Kathy I am so jealous. I didn't even get my onions in, when it stopped raining is when I crashed and fizzled. The good thing is my little garden bed will be ready next spring. The compost is in, the mulch is in, the ground up hay that made me sick is in. I'm going to cover it with plastic to hold down the weeds so next spring I won't have a lot of work to do, just plant.

kathy
08-15-2011, 10:31 AM
OG that sounds like a great plan.

Much of what I planted didnt work out, we can look forward to next year.:coffee:

btcave
08-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Going shooting tomorrow. I got to sight in the hunting implements and I've got some 6.8 SPC that is burning a hole in my pocket.

Hedning
08-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Good luck BT... That reminds me I have to get my ass in gear and make some hunting rounds myself. Deer and moose hunt is just arround the corner.... kind of anyhow.

Hedning
08-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Ok guys.. go to the non gun forum and check out what we did today. It was a non gun day as its a memorial day for the Utøya massacre. So we made a veteran iron day out of it.....

btcave
09-10-2011, 12:03 AM
By the way. My cousin asked if I could shoot a flower off its stem from 50 meters with my scoped AR15. I loaded one round and did it! It was only honorable for me to admit I likely couldn't do it twice in a row and that the shot was likely 50% luck. It made me feel good to have done it anyway.

old Grump
09-10-2011, 03:31 AM
By the way. My cousin asked if I could shoot a flower off its stem from 50 meters with my scoped AR15. I loaded one round and did it! It was only honorable for me to admit I likely couldn't do it twice in a row and that the shot was likely 50% luck. It made me feel good to have done it anyway.Did a similar shot for my nephew from Pennsylvania about 6 or 7 years ago. I was coaching him since he had never shot before and after he got the hang of it we started going through different guns. When we got to the 32 Win Spcl he says' Uncle Bob you been doing a lot of talking but you haven't shot anything. I point at a little dinky willow leaf on the berm about 40 yards away, put the 32 to my shoulder and buried that little sucker with one shot. Do it again he says shaking his head. Just be a wasted bullet says I and bring out the next gun for him to try. There is a time to quit and when you make a shot like that it is definitely time to quit. Now that I have replaced the old round notch rear sight with an aperture sight I might try it twice but not with the sights I used to have. :coffee:

Yard work today but I think tomorrow the tools stay in the shop and we haul some guns and ammo out to the 100 yard line. It has been way to long and hunting season is looking me square in the face.

kathy
09-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Its been quiet around here, Im so glad your all back. My Army son got his medical retirement, hes finally home with his wife.

Thats awesome BT. :salute:

Applebutter and applesauce is the project of the weekend. Canning has become a really fun project.

old Grump
09-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Its been quiet around here, Im so glad your all back. My Army son got his medical retirement, hes finally home with his wife.

Thats awesome BT. :salute:

Applebutter and applesauce is the project of the weekend. Canning has become a really fun project.When you hop on your bike and come to see the little hut in the woods don't forget to pack your trailer with apple butter. I am addicted in the worst way.

btcave
09-10-2011, 09:24 PM
It feels good to have a full wood shed. It's mostly Douglas fir, so now I need a cord of seasoned hardwood for the overnight heating. Thankfully, I got room in the garage for it.

Sounds like you got some apples Kathy. Mine won't be ripe for at least another month. The green and yellow beans are going gangbusters here as well as my tomatoes. Might need to start canning soon.

kathy
09-12-2011, 07:00 AM
When you hop on your bike and come to see the little hut in the woods don't forget to pack your trailer with apple butter. I am addicted in the worst way.

Ill have to send you some then, no sugar added. Just the sugar in the apples.

It feels good to have a full wood shed. It's mostly Douglas fir, so now I need a cord of seasoned hardwood for the overnight heating. Thankfully, I got room in the garage for it.

Sounds like you got some apples Kathy. Mine won't be ripe for at least another month. The green and yellow beans are going gangbusters here as well as my tomatoes. Might need to start canning soon.

We need to put in a wood stove here, trees would have been easy to get after all the storms. Nothing like the feeling of having enough to keep warm and fed for the winter. Canning has been fun for me, there are so many great recipes on the net. A pressure caner, it opens up a whole new world of what you can do.

btcave
09-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Going to my Grandmothers funeral tomorrow. She had a heart of gold. She decided she was just too tired to keep on living. God bless her.

http://www.westfordfuneralhome.com/alice-ann-cave/

old Grump
09-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Sorry to hear that btcave, how are your folks taking it?

btcave
09-16-2011, 11:58 PM
I will find out tomorrow. I haven't spoken to my father in 6 years, so this should be interesting. I just hope his bitch wife keeps her distance and doesn't make a scene or I'll be in the pokey by tomorrow afternoon. The wicked whore love to stir up drama. The girl cousins have come up with a contingency plan to deal with her if she gets out of hand at the service. Don't you love family drama?

Mom is glad she finally is at peace. Poor woman lost 2 grown sons and a daughter within a year back in 1969-1970. Light plane crash took the boys and a car wreck took the daughter. She was white haired at 40. I'm glad she is reunited with them.

old Grump
09-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Enough drama in my own family but it sounds like yours majored in it. Good luck and I hope things are comparatively calm for you. I pray that you do not end up in the hands of the law, we would rather have you back here. I wonder if that is why some of us head for the woods every chance we get?

btcave
09-17-2011, 04:42 PM
No family drama to report. Dad and his wife didn't even show up. Not going to your own mothers funeral is just rotten.

Anyway, the service was beautiful. Everyone shared their memories of my grandmother and her wonderful laugh. She was a devout Christian lady and lived her life as such. She loved to sing and play music. She was a published writer and spent decades researching our family history. She treated everyone with love and if you ate at her table you were family from then on and she would remember you that way. She loved her husband, children, grand children and great grandchildren. Above all she loved Jesus Christ. God bless you Alice Cave.

old Grump
09-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Sounds like a good send off but I'm a little puzzled over your dad. I have one brother and one sister and one niece that way, if my sister shows up they won't. Ticks me off no end but what are you going to do, We can't walk in their shoes. Your Grandma sounds an awful lot like my dads ma. Hard working, devout and never met a stranger. She lost 3 sons before she died including my dad but she cried alone, you never heard her complain. I think they would have been friends.

btcave
09-18-2011, 12:16 AM
OG, my dad married a woman who has spent the last 13 years speaking poison into his ears. He is now as hateful and bitter as she is. Can't save him now. The rest of the family, and it is a very large family, pray his eyes will be opened. Not much chance of it, but one can hope. He has disowned a family of 154 souls at last count (my great grandparents descendants). We are tight. He decided he was slighted and abused by us. So 153 of us celebrated her life without him.

Your dads ma sounds like a perfect match for my grandmother. Bless their souls.

kathy
09-18-2011, 06:44 PM
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandmother Brian. She sounds like a wonderful woman and you were very very blessed.

Family drama I wont even go there. Ill just say I really enjoy my sons and their wives and children. That my family along with the wonderful friends I call family like you all.

The last couple days I couldnt get on the site.

I am working on a new campaign for next year... ever hear of Rosa DeLauro? Were going to retire her 2012. :happy:

btcave
09-18-2011, 07:05 PM
.I am working on a new campaign for next year... ever hear of Rosa DeLauro? Were going to retire her 2012. :happy:

Go get em!:wootrock:

old Grump
09-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Pro choice and anti-gun. Used to work for Dodd. That's enough for me, I will need a new campaign sign.

Surprisingly your old one has held up extremely well under the severe weather we have had. I think the weather gods know you are on the side of goodness and right.

:coffee:This cup is for you.

Hedning
09-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Sorry to hear about your granny BT. I hope she is at a better place. Your dads wife sounds like fish bait. You could allways try to make her vissit eastern Norway. I could pick her up and give her a guided tour into the wilderness with a glued compass.

Iv been into the wilderness my self for a week. Deer hunting. LIttle early in the season, so the bucks were hiding behind the moon or something. Got 3, 2 does and one fawn.

Right now Im sitting in a hotel room. At the "Rikshospital" in Oslo. Up for another surgery tomorrow morning. Thats why my USA trip got all messed up OG. Iv been sitting on the fence waiting for the doctors to find a method bringing my voice back. I received a letter last week, and here I am. I dont have any high ambitions. Little one told me last night that she liked me just the way I am. She understands my whistling just like the indians did. Some people find it weird that I whistle "commands" to her. Like a dog, but it works.

Hopefully you guys havent had as much rain as we have had this summer. The sweeds still cant go outside to talk. They drown in a few seconds if they do. Either that, or they sound like a fish on land. You dont need windscreen wipers anymore, you need a snorkel. There is no way in hell you can make an open fire. Not only would your match go dead, the matchstick box would be hijacked by small critters using it as a boat trying to flee the country. Only upside to this tragedy of a summer is that the blackpowder fouling stays soft. But getting down to the target is a risky affair as you might get caught by a confused wave. Jesus Christ, I have to use a harpoon when I go moose hunting in a couple weeks. I dont think even think hell could dry us up. And belive it or not, they predict that the price on electricity will go up. Oh sure, that makes sence as our water magazines are so full our dams are about to burst... Ill go and buy myself a locomotive horn and whistle them powerplant monkeys a tune or two too..... You better give up your nick OG and give it to me..... then again, I have nothing to complain about. But its fun to talk general bull and blow some light frustration fuses.

I whish you luck BT. And I think your dad will regret he didnt go to his mothers funeral. Like you said, that is dead rotten. Im curious about what he found interesting in that woman when they first met. He must have received some heavy duty Soviet Union brainwashing. He got to have another man hidden inside there somewhere as he has raised a son to be proud of. Hope you manage to open his eyes.

Hopefully I can scream to the rain gods tomorrow.

kathy
09-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Hedning I will keep a good thought and a prayer for your surgery tomorrow.

I am not running, I found an awesome candidate... hes also Navy. I will send a sign to you.

This is who we are going to defeat! Caution... the photo of her will scare you.

http://trevorloudon.com/2011/09/rep-rosa-delauro-still-hangin-with-the-connecticut-communists/

old Grump
09-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Actually I am hard to scare Kathy and I already knew what she looked like. She isn't a big name in my little world but she is known.

Whistle away Hedning at least you don't whistle with an accent. The little house in the woods will still be here whenever you can get free. We will shoot even if you have to shovel 4' of snow to get to the target range. Not to worry, you will not be alone. I will sit on the Kawasaki Mule and supervise because I am a nice guy.

Okay, okay, I had trouble writing that last line with a straight face but you know if we have to shoot from the front porch again we will.

kathy
09-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Ok OG, just didnt want to startle you. Even in CT people voting her back in repeatedly have no clue who she is.

Its colder here seems like it took so long to get summer and now its gone early.

old Grump
09-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Ok OG, just didnt want to startle you. Even in CT people voting her back in repeatedly have no clue who she is.

Its colder here seems like it took so long to get summer and now its gone early.
People who voted for Feingold and Kohl only had a vague idea who they were except they had D after their name so they had to be okay. Johnson finally replaced Feingold but it was when the whole country was tossing Dems out on their ear and he happened to be up for election.

Funny how summer is the longest season but appears to disappear the quickest and winter is the shortest season but just drags on and on and on and on.....
A week ago we had A/C running, then door open without it for a week, now the furnace is on and looking out my window my hanging baskets have all been frost bit and are dying and my birch tree's are bent over halfway to the ground from the wind. It's just barely fall and it already feels like.......well not really but in comparison to what we had a few weeks ago it is depressing. Rain the last 3 days and I am ready for some warm and dry. I want an Indian summer till about Christmas Eve, then 4 days of snow and then tulips and crocuses. :bigsmilebounce:
See I have it all planned out. I want to go deer hunting in a short sleeved shirt, or at least without having to put on my insulated jacket and long johns.

kathy
09-21-2011, 10:32 AM
I want an Indian summer till about Christmas Eve, then 4 days of snow and then tulips and crocuses. :bigsmilebounce:
See I have it all planned out. I want to go deer hunting in a short sleeved shirt, or at least without having to put on my insulated jacket and long johns.

That sounds like a great plan! Im all for it.

Ive been home sick the past couple days, dont even want to set foot outside. We refuse to turn on the heat, the oil is too expensive. I have both dogs here, Ill just use them for warmth LOL

old Grump
09-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Sigh, I wish. Seems like only yesterday I was running around outside in just shorts and all the cute neighbor ladies and I were rubbing sun burn lotion on each other. Today I am in jeans, long sleeved shirt and and I am cold. High today was 57 with winds, my Butternut trees and Birch trees are half bare, half the remaining leaves are yellow and we have more rain coming for the next few days.

I'm not ready to start counting down the days to Spring but I wasn't ready for the end of summer either. According to the national weather guessers our forecast here in cheese state and Connecticut are looking an awful lot alike except my temps are going to be a little higher.

Hedning
09-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Well OG, do you want me to toss the snow to the left or to the right? As I am right handed its a lot easier for me to shovel to the left. Is that ok??

As you can see I survived hospital and shit. Well, the shit is still here though. I have no idea what they did to my tongue. Its paralized. Cant drink coffee without someone telling me its not too hot. Strangest thing. I can taste, but not feel. My throat is a mess. I think they forgot some plumbing equipment down there. I guess I just have to wait a feew weeks to see how it feels and sounds then. Im on a no sound diet for you Sir for a week. Bit tricky at work, but its manageable. Jaws are misplaced because of all the crap they stuffed down there while I was blacked out. Just a matter of time before Im like Pavarotti..... I guess.

Indian summer... I wish. There is nothing like that over here. Its more like 9 months of winter and then 3 months bad skiing.. Nah.. like OG says. Its damn depressing when the weather just continues to knock you down. Its a lot better to get knocked out hard once than having a never ending annoying punching going on and on and on....

Ill be back later or tomorrow or something. Got to go and make dinner for little one. Fish today.... A fish we call Sei, no idea what you call it.

Have a great day everyone

kathy
09-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Just a matter of time before Im like Pavarotti..... I guess.

Video? :thumbsup:

OG not a great image, winter. I moved in the middle of all the storms last year, this year I vow to stay put.

old Grump
09-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Little buddy it sounds like they sent the whole maintenance crew down your throat to do a major overhaul. I hope it was a good crew and that they got it right this time.

Doesn't matter which way you throw the snow as long as you don't throw it at me. I would weep and that is embarrassing. Had to do a lot of snow shoveling at work and because of space limitations had to learn to shovel and throw either direction with either hand. Even when my arm was broke and in a cast and sling they had me out there with a shovel. Then they found out I was good on a farm tractor and I got to do the parking lots and driveways with the old Allis Chalmers tractor. Sometimes I only got to go inside just long enough to check in and out on the time clock, Since it was considered a priority job my boss used to bring out a thermos of coffee and a couple of sandwich's and I had to eat while I was plowing.

Did I ever mention I hate winter.

Kathy what do you mean not a great image, a bunch of old women and me chasing each other with sponges loaded with sunblock. We had to tie ourselves in otherwise we slid out of our little scooters or motorized wheel chairs. Afterwards we would sit in the shade and drink dandelion wine. To strong for me, I had to cut it with lemonade. :laugh:

Moving in winter is bad, done that more than once but I preferred that to moving in spring. It always always rains on moving day in the spring. Just enough ice to slip on and the mud just soft enough for you to slip and slide in.

kathy
09-23-2011, 07:38 AM
OG you got me there! It invokes and image of a party.:anim_beer-1::ladysman:

Hows your voice today Hedning? I hope they made you an opera star, that would be awesome.

Everyone have a Fabulous Day!

Hedning
09-23-2011, 02:06 PM
It feels a lot better, but my jaws are still painfull. The voice is weak. Hopefully its just because its too soon to tell what its going to be like.

Got to and make some 45-70 rounds. BPCR competition tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend everybody

old Grump
09-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Hedning, may all your shots be true and may all the misses belong to me. I'm not shooting any competition this weekend but I am going to try and dodge the rain and shoot my new to me Uberti Walker black powder gun.

Don't mess up and work your voice to early. :nono: You aren't supposed to know if its weak yet. Whatsa matter you.

Kathy it's party party party all the time here in the woods, it never stops...well it slows down when they adjust my medication but it slowly builds back up to party party party again. :jump::lool::jump:

Hedning
09-25-2011, 04:32 PM
You are right OG. I shouldn't get depressed before the healing is done. Actually, when I woke up this morning I had a Johnny Cash moment. Lasted for only a few minutes, but it was there. My throat is itching like hell. I think that is a good sign. Not that much of a pain anymore, just my tongue still being paralyzed. Weird feeling.

The competition went very well and very bad. I won, broke even with the Norwegian record in the Remington Original class. I used a Highwall. The very bad part was that they judged 3 shots to nines. Half the bullet have to cross the score lines. Only thousands of an inch from 3 more points and a new record. Faaaan...

old Grump
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
I won, broke even with the Norwegian record in the Remington Original class.:crying:

There, you have your minute of sympathy. Good shooting especially for somebody recovering from surgery. :thumbspbig:

You gonna shoot my butt off and you won't feel a bit guilty, I can tell. :coffee:

How is the campaign going Kathy? Any local interest for your guy or are you still trying to just get his name out there to get people to think about him. Just between you me and the lamp post the old gal should have retired about 8 years ago but then I admit to being a little biased. You deserve better than that and so does the rest of the country.

Hedning
09-26-2011, 05:24 AM
Thanks OG, but I didnt tell you what I think of the current record. Its not that good imo. We are using old old firearms I know, but its still doable to shoot way better. The reason why its so hard to beat the record is that you have 13 shots, 10 that counts. And those old timers never shoots exactly the same place from day to day. So you need sight adjustment at every competition. Maybe during the 13 shots too. And those sights aint so easy to adjust. I usually adjust the point of aim, but sometimes its hard to find the right spot. Ill use the 1884 Springfield Trapdoor next time. Way better sights.

So you have bought yourself a new blackpowder firearm yourself huh? Way to go. Good thinking even for a man full of swedish blood. Must be your Norwegian part of the brain. I bet you can feel that your Norwegian brain department do a lot more thinking than your Swedish part, even though they are outnumbered. Dont feel special if you do, its been like that for hundreds of years.

I wish you luck Kathy. I wish I had some of your energy..

btcave
09-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Deer season start Saturday. I'm not sure how much walking and busting brush my body is up for. Still not as strong as I should be. Just take it slow I guess.

Good shooting Hedning.

It's been a few years since I dusted off my black powder rifle and shot it.

kathy
09-27-2011, 04:54 PM
How is the campaign going Kathy? Any local interest for your guy or are you still trying to just get his name out there to get people to think about him. Just between you me and the lamp post the old gal should have retired about 8 years ago but then I admit to being a little biased. You deserve better than that and so does the rest of the country.

Im glad your having a party party party....

Most in public office who have been there too long must go on to some other career....

Hedning
10-01-2011, 02:36 PM
I hope you had a good start at the deer season BT. What kind of rifle do you use?

Its just 5 days until the moose hunt starts over here. That means a week of outdoor living for me. No cell phone, no electricity, no women, no nothing. Just a hut in the woods like it has been for 150 years. That is vacation to me. Ill go zeroing the 375 H&H tomorrow, and shoot some with my old Kammerlader. The Kammerlader is a Norwegian army rifle issued between 1849 and 1860.

Earlier I said that Norway didnt have anything that could remind you of an Indian summer. Well, I was wrong. The last few days have been hot. Low 70`s, but still. Fresh winds coming in from I dont know where. The weather guys calls it an Indian summer, so I just have to say thank you. I dont mind being wrong as long as it makes me warm. Hope it last for a couple weeks.

btcave
10-01-2011, 02:55 PM
60* here today.

I use a Model 99F in .300 Savage. I also will take out a custom built 6.8 SPC AR15 when I feel the need. Both are very light and quick. Blacktail deer don't give much opportunity to shoot before they're gone. The vegetation is very thick in the coastal mountains I hunt.

Hedning
10-03-2011, 04:13 PM
6.8 SPC.. thats the round I wish our army picked when they ditched the old 7.62x51. I hope your hunting goes well and remember to give us a full update when the time comes.

Moose hunt starts in just two days. My "moose team" will go into the bush on friday. First hunting day for us is saturday. But then we will stay out there for 10 days. No phones, no modern crap at all. Fuel for modern man. Hopefully the weather makes it a pleasent stay. But if the raingod is out there he will not be able to ruin the joy of it anyway.

old Grump
10-03-2011, 07:06 PM
I checked my calendar and it says no rain, lots of mooses and pretty girls who lost their clothes. You will have to shoot lots of the mooses in order to make clothes for all the girls. What a story that would be to tell Mona.................or maybe not. :coffee:

Finally had a nice day and a feel good day happen at the same time and I went out back and did some 100 yard 22 caliber shooting. I have a Dukes mixture of ammo and I'm comparing it to decide which ones to shoot up and which ones to stock up on. So far Federal Gold Match is leading the pack.

Hedning
10-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Good to hear that you get some nice range time Old Grump. I wish I could be there and try that Walker you just bought. I just have to wait for a while. Work, time and money kind of rules my life right now. But Ill get there again.

I can tell you one thing for sure, there is very few naked girls to see in that forrest. BUT my dad did have a rather funny encounter a few years back. He was out there, in the middle of nowhere, during the moose hunt. After several hours of walking in the bush behind the moose dog he stepped on one of the gravel roads that goes through the area we hunt. He made a right turn. Walks a few steps and then he lets loose one of the biggest farts mankind have heard west of the Russian border. And when he turns arround he sees a lady with big eyes...... I laughed my ass of when he told me that story. That lady was not supposed to be there. She was so lost she didnt know where her feet was. She probably went out to pick blueberries or something. Imagine how funny it would be to have that on tape.

Back to that Walker. Have you slugged the bore? Have you? Have you? I bet you can use .460 balls. You might have to rape the loading lever, but it will be worth it. What kind of powder are you going to use? If you tell me you are about to use smokeless or Pyrodex Illl send someone to steal that iron from yah. There is only one kind of gunpowder for those, and its black. Dont listen to the sweed in you now.

old Grump
10-04-2011, 08:27 PM
:nono: You ain't getting my Walker, you have no idea how long I have been wanting one and then it just sort of fell into my lap. This Bohunk is getting .454 balls and doing it right and the only thing that goes in my BP revolvers is Goex FFFg. You want to shoot it you will just have to find your way here. I intend to shoot it year round so whenever you get here it will be ready for action. I'll even let you clean it after I shoot it...er I mean after you shoot it.... after we shoot it.

Had a similar situation with my step father when he was a lot younger in Miami, he had to tear one loose before it blew him up like a blimp and it was a champion. Then he turns around after hearing a gasp and a giggle. A nice looking woman with a little girl about 6 or 7 were standing there and the woman was looking kind of shocked. He asked her if she saw which way that moose went because he had to catch it. The woman couldn't say anything but the girl laughed, pointed off towards the park and said I think it went that way. Sometimes it just ain't safe to walk behind us old codgers, you never know what's going to escape from us, or when.

At work one of my buddies let one loose on the elevator and this young heavy set gal turns around and glares at us. I tried to be helpful by pointing at my buddy and he grin and shrug his shoulders. "I NEVER!" she says. "Sure you have." he says "But I bet all of them weren't as weak and wimpy as that one was but I'm working on it."

When we got back to the shop our plant engineer was there waiting for us and he was supposed to chew us out for not being gentlemen but he couldn't stop laughing. Apparently our little gal didn't have much of a sense of humor. She should have been grateful, I have been in small places with him working on a piece of machinery and no place to escape to. His silent but deadly ones weren't so innocent. We called those "Intensive gas."

Hedning
10-05-2011, 02:09 AM
Just laughed so bad I think I wet myself.... Your step father sounded like a man with an answer to everything. And elevator gas is allways funny. Children humor I know, but still just as funny.

Glad to hear that you use real black. 454 balls huh.... if they shoot accurate, ok. I guess you get a stout blam and recoil if you fill the chambers all the way.

old Grump
10-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah step father was a pain in the caboose more often than not but he came up with some good ones and he was never at a loss for words. Half the time I come away from something like that and don't think of the good ad lib or come back till half a day later.

Hedning
10-06-2011, 03:53 PM
18 hours and Im at a totaly different place. Not that far away, but its like going back 100 years. Its like X-mas when I was a kid. Got a little worried earlier today when I could not find my Rem 375 H&H. It was gone..... Somehow it must have been stolen by gnomes who took it to my parents house and hid it under a pile of antique firearms. I have no other explanation. I have placed several rat traps outside my house to prevent it from happen again.

OG, have you tested the Walker yet? I could send you some conicals to try if you want. They shoot like crap in my Rem 58, but you never know.

old Grump
10-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Not yet, I haven't gotten to the toy store to get the right balls and I don't want to shoot oversize balls, I could make the .457 balls work but I want to stay with what the gun asks for and not have to got to all the work of crunching an oversize ball into the chamber.

Had another good day at the 100 yard line just shooting 22 LR, still going through my inventory to see what shoots best in this gun. Cleaned the gun thoroughly yesterday and I will have to do some plinking tonight to foul it before I start testing again. The waxed lead bullets shoot great but foul up my chamber and then won't eject.

btcave
10-09-2011, 06:29 PM
No deer yet, but I got a flat tire in the middle of the back woods. I have a magnetic personality. I attract nails better than any magnet ever could.

I broke in my new boots and I have to give these cold/wet weather boots the big thumbs up so far. Late November elk season will be the true test though. Think... 35 degrees with the rain coming at you sideways mixed with sleet. If it's snow, the snow in the Pacific Northwest is typically a wet snow. I can't wait.

I used the warm weather version of these boots in the desert. They were the most comfortable boot I ever owned, so I thought I'd try the winter version.

http://www.rangerjoes.com/Rocky-Winter-S2V-Boots-P8061C228.aspx

http://www.rangerjoes.com/Assets/ProductImages/A4848.jpg

kathy
10-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Im glad I re read through I thought you guys were fighting over using a walker walker... like with handles so you could stand up. That wasnt a good image in my head.

BTcave sorry you had a flat tire, mine are so bald I pray every time I hit a pothole.

The campaign is rolling along, Wayne is VERY POPULAR every we have gone. I can wait to get a video up on the Website!

Below are links to him on the Fox News Radio, Brian Kilmeade show and the Website I created all by myself. If you know anyone who would like to see Rosa DeLauro out of congress send them the links. We ARE going to WIN!!!

http://waynewinsleyforcongress.com/

http://ak.podcast.foxnewsradio.com/talk/KNF/premium/KNF-10-07-2011-73216732-COMPLETE.mp3

old Grump
10-11-2011, 12:27 PM
So Wayne was a sailor, well that got my vote...uh if I could vote for him :gum:

He makes cute kids too, pretty little girl there. Don't know much of nothing about him but DeLauro was never on my list of people who should be saved if the world was having a calamity and only the good could climb onto the Ark. Not Christian of me I know but she grates on me like a a cup full of used kitty litter in my mashed potatoes.

People like her is why I shoot and the Walker just happens to be a very fun gun to shoot. It blows away the tension and lowers my blood pressure the way some people do when they play pool or knit a sweater. Of course the fact that people like her who are rabidly anti-gun makes it sweeter that I can do it at all.

Voted NO on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions. (Apr 2005)
Voted NO on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime. (Feb 2004)
Voted NO on banning partial-birth abortion except to save mother’s life. (Oct 2003)
Voted NO on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes. (Apr 2001)
Voted NO on banning partial-birth abortions. (Apr 2000)
Voted NO on barring transporting minors to get an abortion. (Jun 1999)
Voted NO on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman. (Jul 2006)
Voted NO on Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage. (Sep 2004)
Voted NO on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance. (Sep 2004)
Voted NO on constitutional amendment prohibiting flag desecration. (Jun 2003)
Voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
Voted NO on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
Close the Gun Show Loophole; restrict show sales. (May 2009)

Just a short list of why she should be out of congress. Oh, oh, there I go getting all radical again, forgive me. Go get'em Kathy. Besides you know this stuff about her better than I do.

kathy
10-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Yep...

We ran into a guy shopping for the campaign and he quoted the late Gov Ella Grasso... on Rosa Delauro... "without her looks what are you left with" Says it all http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/rosa_delauro.jpg

old Grump
10-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Lord God almighty Kathy, I was trying to eat supper here. What a way to put me on a diet. :mouse2:

kathy
10-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Just trying to help out...:eyebrows:

old Grump
10-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Oh you is a red head for sure, a rascal to the bone.

kathy
10-12-2011, 04:43 AM
Thats for sure OG, I can help it thats how God made me.

I am on day two of this diet I found to get diabetes UNDER CONTROL. And Hey it works! Im on day 2 yesterday my levels were in the 90's all day and this morning it was 105 as opposed to the 130's it has been for some time.

:coffee:

http://www.bartonpublishing.com/

http://www.diabetesreversed.com/

old Grump
10-12-2011, 05:56 PM
You are doing good, my doctor would be happy to see me get to the 130 level. I'm happy when I get below 150, partly from being sick and from my back hurting and making me be inactive. Whatever you are doing keep doing it.

kathy
10-13-2011, 06:35 AM
You are doing good, my doctor would be happy to see me get to the 130 level. I'm happy when I get below 150, partly from being sick and from my back hurting and making me be inactive. Whatever you are doing keep doing it.

Click on the links, send me an email and Ill email you the diet plan. Its very simple and even if your type 1 it will help you.

Even how you cook the food makes a difference. Ive been using a crock pot because you cant cook the meat over 250 degrees and there is a list of what you eliminate in the first phase. It want be expensive and you eat small amounts in no longer than every 3 hours so I am not feeling hungry or deprived at all.

Its WORKS! My glucose level has not been over 110 in 3 days.

edit: and you only need the most moderate exercise, walking around etc. the only way your glucose level will plunge too low is excessive excercise.

kathy
10-13-2011, 06:45 AM
I sent the plan to you. It works! Read carefully type 1 cant do the first 2 phases, but the info is useful in planning meals.

old Grump
10-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Very similar to the plan the dietician gave me but it fails when I forget to eat and then I hog out at super time or when I am supposed to go to bed. It's partly from feeling lousy due to the parathyroid thing I have going with me and partly because I am a dummy. I thinks maybe I better get with the program though.

What can I say, I only claim to be good looking, not smart.

kathy
10-14-2011, 04:43 AM
Very similar to the plan the dietician gave me but it fails when I forget to eat and then I hog out at super time or when I am supposed to go to bed. It's partly from feeling lousy due to the parathyroid thing I have going with me and partly because I am a dummy. I thinks maybe I better get with the program though.

What can I say, I only claim to be good looking, not smart.

Your good looking and smart, you just need to prioritize.

I think of the horrible health consequences and set a timer. Its tough at work, but I have been just excusing myself and getting my lunch cooler and having a quick bite. The meal plan has you eat 1-1/2 cup of food at a time. It only takes a min or two.

Best thing your energy will come back.:thumbsup:

old Grump
10-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Hey HDR, I see you posting again, Glad to see you back. How are you, not mellowed out to much I hope. This cornbread muffin with lots of butter and a large cup of campfire coffee for you.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/down-home-with-the-neelys/honey-cornbread-muffins-recipe/index.html

Sorry the spoon won't stand up properly, I accidentally put the prescribed amount of water in the pot. I promise I will do better next time. :coffee:

Hedning
10-18-2011, 05:23 PM
OG....whats the size of your freezer?? I got 460 pounds of moose meat that needs a room. Jesus christ.... I was not prepared for that kind of meat load this year. During years of moose hunting our "moose team" has tried to even out the load of meat. I have been on the short side for a couple years, so the team leader said I was the one to get the most this year.... Moose meat is good. Very good. But I guess you can see the problem. Ill deal with it.... Its still hanging to reach the tenderness I want. So I got time to find a couple of big freezers. I took one of the bigger hearts and put it in salt for 10 hours. Its hanging outside for drying... Little one loves it.

The hunting was very good this year. We got 11 in 6 days. I didnt see too many though. Im one of the dog guys, and we seldom see that much moose. We are the ones the moose are running away from. I did see a few though and managed to shoot the last one on our quota... Belive it or not, we didnt have one single day of rain. Just sunshine all the way, cold, but sunny. Lot of food and.... water.. to drink.

Lutefisk season is almost here, the "rakfisk" season is on. So is the "smalahovud" season. I dont eat that sheephead stuff though. In my opinion that is not necessary during peace time. I wonder if that tradition is alive amongst the Norwegians in the USA.

So whats the news arround here? No broken legs or anything? Anything about BT`s deerhunting yet? Havent scrolled up to see...

Ok, bedtime...

btcave
10-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Glad you met with success Hedning.

Mmmm. Moose meat. My uncle from Alaska gave me some years ago. Not bad. I still prefer elk, but that moose wasn't bad at all.

No luck deer hunting yet. I haven't tried too hard. It's been so warm that they just aren't moving around much. You almost have to step on one before it jumps and you see anything. If it would get cold and wet then the rut might begin and the bucks will get stupid. Blacktail are a pain to hunt. I need a forked horn or better to be legal. If I had a doe tag, I would have filled my tag 30 times over by now and that is just from my back porch.

old Grump
10-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Two freezers and they are mostly empty. I have to hunt hard and get lucky this year because last year was dry, no meat at all from my back yard. You guys don't serve "rakfisk" right, you use sour cream and I prefer mustard. The onion and boiled egg you have right.

"Smalahovud" season is a new one on me, what is it and is it something to eat? You know me, I will try anything twice if it doesn't hurt me the first time. :coffee:
BT if you were in my neck of the woods you wouldn't have to apply for a doe tag, you have to shoot a doe before you can shoot a buck. I think their population control program was to successful, a lot of people around her, not just me got skunked last year. They are going to end the program starting next year but I have a feeling I better not pass up a shot at a squirrel or rabbit when I am out in the field. Instead of packing my usual 44 or 41 mag revolver I will carry my 22 pistol instead along with my deer rifle.

Trouble is we have had a big increase in coyotes around here in spite of all the youngsters hunting them and rabbits haven't been exactly plentiful either. I used to have to kick them out of my way to get to the car when I stepped off my porch I had so many. It was like a herd of them grazing on my front lawn and in my back yard and they were so tame they actually had their little den of sin where they made more little bunnies under my porch. All gone.

I'm taking my nephew out on his first squirrel hunt next Saturday and I will see how they are doing.

Hedning
10-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Smalahovud is boiled and burned sheephead. Eyeballs and all. I hate sheeps. They served me that for a full year in the army. Day after day. Our kitchen had a corrupt chef. He sold all the good stuff and gave us the crap. I realy hate it. I would eat "rat au van" (rat run over by a van) before I eat that shit again. Me and a bloke suggested we should try "moose head" though. Should become interesting. A lot of aquavit should make it possible.

Yep, you are right about the sour cream to rakefisk. BUT, I like mustard on the side aswell. But I think thats because I like mustard to everything. Its not common to combine it with rakfisk over here. Lutefisk yes... My setup is: French mustard. Dijon... (I dont use egg.) Flatbrød, onion, sour cream, mustard and beetroot. Aquavit and beer. Some days after a rakfisk night is interesting.... Head feels to small, and there is a carpenter in a hurry bouncing between both ears.

Good luck on the deer hunting BT. I hope a bick buck steps out of the bush. Warm weather and rain makes the norwegian deer funny too. Iv seen a buck just standing in the bush not moving at all. Not even when I got close. I had to throw a rock at it before it moved a few yards and stopped.

james01
10-19-2011, 02:55 PM
the clown in the white house want's all of your medical records.:shitonu:

kathy
10-19-2011, 07:53 PM
My crock pot is empty... I sure could use some moose. :eyebrows:

btcave
10-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Can you ship moose meat overseas through UPS or the mail? I wonder what that would cost?

10 pages of coffee, are we ready for a new pot of joe yet?

old Grump
10-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Can you ship moose meat overseas through UPS or the mail? I wonder what that would cost?

10 pages of coffee, are we ready for a new pot of joe yet?I think you are right, we need a new pot but 63 started this thread and he isn't around to close it. I guess I can start one, look for 'Campfire Coffee'.

btcave
10-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Roger that.

DesertDawg
12-18-2011, 12:30 AM
well Imhere, hello to all and I hope there are a few new folks to chat with as well..

Hope HDR shows up, i gotta give him a hard time!

old Grump
12-18-2011, 12:43 AM
well Imhere, hello to all and I hope there are a few new folks to chat with as well..

Hope HDR shows up, i gotta give him a hard time!Glad to see you here Dawg but this thread done wore out. Head down the corridor, first door to your right with the sign that says Campfire coffee. We will be waiting for you.