PDA

View Full Version : Warning for Joey: Warning

Guns Network Staff
05-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Post: Who shot Osama? (http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?p=129679)
User: Joey (http://www.gunsnet.net/member.php?u=174)
Infraction: Warning

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
I do believe I said STFU about this topic.

So your thread goes into the trash can.

GNS

Original Post:
From another thread. They'll never keep his identity quiet. The pressure to reveal it will grow and grow. Reporters with fat cheque books will be sent out to bribe his colleagues and the navy grunts who saw him climb out of the helicopter on the carrier. The political pressure on Obama to be seen on prime time pinning a medal on him will be intense.

I see there's a book coming out next week - Seal Team Six - and a Hollywood film by Kathryn Bigelow - who made The Hurt-Locker - is in the planning. Source (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-qaeda/8490869/Osama-bin-Laden-dead-Hollywood-plans-to-make-film-of-dramatic-raid.html)

Of course, the White House will hum and haw and waffle about anonymity and security. But I doubt the guy's commanding officers will ever let him go on another mission. His career's over. He's too valuable and iconic. He might as well suck it up, appear on Katie Couric, and start opening shopping malls.

The White House will have planned the strategy down to the last detail and have linked it, on flow charts, to the 2012 election timetable. The public will not be allowed to forget that Obama got Osama, period. It's political liquid gold. They'll wring every last drop of the glistening stuff from the story.

One thing to expect: the guy who actually shot OBL - who fired the bullet(s) which killed him - will become a national hero, probably a Medal of Honor winner. But all the troopers on the mission will have been chosen, like astronauts, for their photogenic and PR qualities.

There'll be ticker-tape parades, in-depth interviews, documentaries, chat show appearances, a Hollywood film: clean cut young white grunts - with token blacks, Hispanics and a pretty lady-grunt to appeal to the mullet vote - praising their Commander-in-Chief on prime time while looking all-American, heroic and modest.

It's liquid gold for Obama... while the Republicans grind their teeth and won't be able to do a damn thing about it. It's going to be pure comedy to watch the GOP get roasted. If Obama, after being handed this PR treasure trove, loses next year he deserves to lose.

This is a nightmare for Republican strategists. N.I.G.H.T.M.A.R.E. How to fight the man who caught Osama bin Laden? Send in Donald Trump? Sarah Palin? Get Glenn Beck to attack the operation?

I remember how astronauts were chosen for the US space programme. Not just on grounds of competence, physical fitness, etc., but on whether they had the "right stuff" = skilled at PR on TV to make NASA and the politicians look good. The Soviets did likewise. The Navy Seals on the OBL raid will have been chosen on that basis. The White House had since last August to plan the PR.

... clean cut young white grunts - with token blacks, Hispanics and a pretty lady-grunt to appeal to the mullet vote - praising their Commander-in-Chief on prime time while looking all-American, heroic and modest.

Will the Navy Seals turn out to be Democrats? Or, perhaps still more dangerously, Republicans who praise Obama and fail even to mention Bush?

Gunreference1
05-04-2011, 08:47 AM
THANK YOU!!!

Steve

MJ1
05-04-2011, 10:45 AM
He is one sick pre-teen.

..MJ..

Joey
05-04-2011, 11:38 AM
I do believe I said STFU about this topic.

So your thread goes into the trash can.

GNS

Doh! I thought you were just joining in the debate as an ordinary member, not issuing an instruction as the boss. No way would I ignore an order from boss of a bulletin board, unless I was trying to get banned. I know where the power lies in these electronic hierarchies. When the boss tells you to jump you either decide to leave or ask "How high?"

Joey
05-04-2011, 11:45 AM
He is one sick pre-teen.

..MJ..

What are you waffling about? When the management of an internet forum bans or disciplines a member, and other members cluster round to put the boot in, it makes them look bad - cowards and suck-ups hiding behind the boss's skirts.

If you've something to say to me, say it. Don't hide behind the boss. No one likes a suck-up.

slamfire51
05-04-2011, 12:08 PM
What are you waffling about? When the management of an internet forum bans or disciplines a member, and other members cluster round to put the boot in, it makes them look bad - cowards and suck-ups hiding behind the boss's skirts.

If you've something to say to me, say it. Don't hide behind the boss. No one likes a suck-up.

I suppose your Brit Liberal anti-everything forum has no rules concerning trolling?
Apply those rules here, and you will get along just fine.

I see no skirt to hide behind. Grown men here in America don't wear skirts, silly.
And BTW, my boots are size 10-1/2...............big enough for ya?

Joey
05-04-2011, 12:26 PM
I suppose your Brit [Liberal anti-everything] forum has no rules concerning trolling?

But I'm not trolling, Slammie old bean. Trolling is when you deliberately set out to annoy someone on the internet. I've no desire to annoy you or anyone. But if Gunsnet members, confronted by an argument they don't like, or can't answer, or don't understand, choose to get upset, that's their business. I'm not their nanny. If they blame me for them getting upset I'll point and laugh at them. If they get all potty mouthed I'll laugh at them some more. It's what they deserve. Especially if they own firearms - they should learn to control their emotions.

And I'm not even a damn liberal!

slamfire51
05-04-2011, 12:50 PM
But I'm not trolling, Slammie old bean. Trolling is when you deliberately set out to annoy someone on the internet.

You're doing a great job so far. But people like you are always annoying no matter where you are.

I've no desire to annoy you or anyone. But if Gunsnet members, confronted by an argument they don't like, or can't answer, or don't understand, choose to get upset, that's their business. I'm not their nanny. If they blame me for them getting upset I'll point and laugh at them. If they get all potty mouthed I'll laugh at them some more. It's what they deserve.

Especially if they own firearms - they should learn to control their emotions.

Joey, being intelligent as you are or pretend to be, you will understand my next statement.

Ignorance is curable.
You have no idea what it's like to own a firearm. This can be overcome, even by you.

Stupidity is forever. In your case, you will be stupid from now on by not trying to understand what a majority of people in the world already know. Responsible firearm ownership.
Don't comeback with some silly reply that firearms are illegal in England. There are firearms in Brits possession. Take the forbidden Liberal plunge and meet with someone who does possess firearms and attempt to end the Stupidity.

And I'm not even a damn liberal!

Could have fooled me.

romak10/63UF
05-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Joey does point out a few facts.. but then again dont go against the ADMIN...

ADMIN 1
Joey 0

Helen Keller
05-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Slammy... You old bean..

:lool:

Krupski
05-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Joey does point out a few facts.. but then again dont go against the ADMIN...

ADMIN 1
Joey 0

It's more like "Rock, Paper, Rank". Admin wins. :)

Joey
05-04-2011, 05:21 PM
It's more like "Rock, Paper, Rank". Admin wins. :)

Exactly. But, as I said, I genuinely didn't know the old boy was barking orders. If I had I would have saluted smartly and mopped the floor AT THE DOUBLE.

http://cdn.mymovies.ge/backdrops/558/4bc909b4017a3c57fe003558/full-metal-jacket-original.jpg

slamfire51
05-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Slammy... You old bean..

:lool:

Mr. Bean to you.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Canis-latrans/jumpinbean.gif

slamfire51
05-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Exactly. But, as I said, I genuinely didn't know the old boy was barking orders. If I had I would have saluted smartly and mopped the floor AT THE DOUBLE.

http://cdn.mymovies.ge/backdrops/558/4bc909b4017a3c57fe003558/full-metal-jacket-original.jpg

AT THE DOUBLE?????

I believe Americans say, "ON THE DOUBLE".

Joey
05-04-2011, 06:17 PM
AT THE DOUBLE?????

I believe Americans say, "ON THE DOUBLE".

Slammy, old fruit, in case you've not noticed I'm a Brit. Specifically, I'm English (there's a difference).

ME LIMEY
YOU SEPTIC

Okay?

I don't like pissy beer, cars that can't go round corners, or sports where the players are so girly they wear armour. But, apart from that, you're alright. Especially now you've stopped scweaming about be twolled.

:clap:

awp101
05-04-2011, 06:25 PM
This thread was to issue a warning, not open a debate.