PDA

View Full Version : Del-Ton Update

ltorlo64
05-04-2011, 11:07 PM
OK, as some of you know I had a little trouble when I ordered my AR kit from Del-Ton. Well, here is what happened and what they did to fix it. I ordered an A2 kit but missed a note on the page that said I needed to specify the proper front site. I called Del-Ton to order get the correct front site and from that call my order was changed to an A3. When I got the kit I called Del-Ton. The first call did not go well. The sales manager (I guess) was on vacation. I was told that I would need to wait a week to get this fixed. Well, the sales rep spoke to the owner and called me back the next day with an offer that I thought was fair. They sent me an A3 carry handle for $20 off and they did not charge me shipping. When it arrived, I found they had also put a Del-Ton shirt in the box. I am very satisfied with the response from Del-Ton, though I was concerned after my initial contact. I plan to build the rifle on Sunday. What better way to spend Mother's Day? I will post pictures when I am done.

jojo
05-05-2011, 12:51 AM
That's great. I was curious to know how it would turn out and glad they made good.

It's a shame that customer service with most US company's has gotten to the point to where when someone receives good service, they are shocked.

TEN-32
05-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Glad to hear they made things right. I've bought from them and was happy.

Schuetzenman
05-05-2011, 03:57 AM
My 2 cents is you lucked up in getting an A3 flat topped upper. Now you have the ability to choose A2 irons or put a scope on it or even a red dot sight. The A3 is much more flexible and I really can't understand why anybody would want a fixed carry handle model when the A3 is so easiliy available.

Congrats on the quick resolution. I knew Del-Ton would come through for you.

Solidus-snake
05-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Glad to hear that everything came out ok :)

I will be looking to them when I finally get the funds. Keep us posted about your build and your impressions of the parts fit and quality please.

AKTexas
05-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Waiting on some pics now. ;)

ltorlo64
05-05-2011, 08:43 AM
That's great. I was curious to know how it would turn out and glad they made good.

It's a shame that customer service with most US company's has gotten to the point to where when someone receives good service, they are shocked.

From everything I had heard about Del-Ton I was more surprized that things went slow at first. Everyone I could find and every review said they were great. What was surprizing was the call the next day after I was told it would be a week. That was a pleasant surprise to say the least.