PDA

View Full Version : Barnaul 7.62x39 FMJ

recon
05-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Don't see this type much anymore. Good stuff!
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=228981339

videodon
05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I've had some in the past.
No complaints.
Wonder why there's no bid yet?
:)

imanaknut
05-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Why are there so few bids? People like me who hate reserve auctions. Instead of a "reserve", just set the first bid at the minimum you will accept.

It seems many sellers lately using reserves are just trying to see how much someone would pay for their stuff, true market value. They set the reserve crazy high so that it never sells, or if it does, it is so high as to be worth selling for a crazy price if you truly found someone with more money than brains.

videodon
05-10-2011, 04:30 PM
...at least there's one now. :)

Klawndyke
05-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Is that the lacquered stuff?

Schuetzenman
05-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Is that the lacquered stuff?

Yes clearly so.

Klawndyke
05-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Yes clearly so.

Thought so.... ya im not a fan of it but each to there own
and ya i do need glasses lol

Sergi762
05-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Not to come off as a moron but doesn't Barnaul make the same stuff today under the Brown Bear name? I could be wrong but still..

FunkyPertwee
05-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Not to come off as a moron but doesn't Barnaul make the same stuff today under the Brown Bear name? I could be wrong but still..

I always thought Barnaul and Brown bear were the same thing.

Sergi762
05-24-2011, 08:08 PM
I always thought Barnaul and Brown bear were the same thing.

So far as I know Brown bear ammunition is made at the Barnaul cartridge works. The same factory supplies ammunition to the Russian army. I think Tula does as well ,However near as I can tell Brown bear is a better grade..at least I have more faith in Brown Bear. My concern is if this stuff is the same round different colored packaging.

Schuetzenman
05-24-2011, 10:47 PM
So far as I know Brown bear ammunition is made at the Barnaul cartridge works. The same factory supplies ammunition to the Russian army. I think Tula does as well ,However near as I can tell Brown bear is a better grade..at least I have more faith in Brown Bear. My concern is if this stuff is the same round different colored packaging.

Yes the ammo is essentially the same stuff in a different box. Russia state owned arsenals play games with the names. I've seen Silverbear ammo from Ulyanovsk and Barnual depending on the caliber / chambering. Thing is the boxes will say which arsenal made the ammo. But it's sort of fine print so you have to read the boxes close to determine which arsenal made the ammo. I'd put it this way, Barnual, Ulyanovsk, Vympel are the best makers of Russian ammo based on my experience putting them on paper for accuracy and doing some limited Chorongraph checking of them. Tula, is the worst of the lot. Only dud round in 7.62x39 I ever had was Tula brand.