PDA

View Full Version : C&R Competitors!

Schuetzenman
05-10-2011, 08:34 PM
I have received money for the match fee from: Slamfire51, FunkyPertwe, AKTexas, Old Grump. Today I got your packs of targets out for the 4 months. Each target is marked at the bottom right hand corner. The markings cover' what your competitor number is, what match it is and what month the target is for.

I've said it before but make copies for warm up and practice and save THE match target sent for each event for when you get warmed up and sighted in. The Orange ink over my scrawel is impossible to duplicate. It is from a prototype marker that was made in a R&D Lab at a former place of employment of mine. They never marketed that prototye or went with the special ink. Too expensive, but I digress. Targets are coming to you guys.

Still expecting 2 maybe 3 others to join up for all or part of it. Come on Dieselbuilder get in on this thing!

AKTexas
05-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Cool I will be looking for them.

FunkyPertwee
05-10-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm glad we have our own forum. I hope more sign up.

Maybe since the worst month gets dropped, people could come in by June and just use May as their lowest score if they're not on time for may.

ltorlo64
05-10-2011, 11:11 PM
I will try to get my check in the mail tomorrow. I have been a little behind and am just getting caught up.

Schuetzenman
05-11-2011, 06:11 AM
I will try to get my check in the mail tomorrow. I have been a little behind and am just getting caught up.

Oh, that's not good. You're waaaaay over there on the left coast. Snail mail is going to take a week coming and going. All I can say is no more delays or May will be burned before you know it.

ltorlo64
05-11-2011, 08:30 AM
I know, I know. All you can say is what eveyone else says, "LTORLO64, why do you suck so bad?"

Schuetzenman
05-11-2011, 07:04 PM
I know, I know. All you can say is what eveyone else says, "LTORLO64, why do you suck so bad?"

LOL

slamfire51
05-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Got my targets today.
I grabbed the wrong month (July) pistol target.
Shot it, but it doesn't matter as I will use the May target in July.

10 shots in the 10 ring @ 25 yds........................Do you other competitors what to
admit defeat before you waste your ammo????? :coffee:

Schuetzenman
05-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Got my targets today.

10 shots in the 10 ring @ 25 yds........................Do you other competitors what to
Using a wad punch and hammer is strictly prohibited!

Oh and looks like Whos is in for the pistol leg of the competition. You need to leave em some kind of hope. ;)

slamfire51
05-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Using a wad punch and hammer is strictly prohibited!

Oh and looks like Whos is in for the pistol leg of the competition. You need to leave em some kind of hope. ;)

Yeah, but it leaves no GSR.

ltorlo64
05-13-2011, 08:39 AM
My check is on the way. Sorry it is so late. If I don't get to shoot in May it is not a big deal. I will compete when I can.

old Grump
05-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Just got my targets today but it is raining again and I still don't have a suitable handgun but I will find one.

slamfire51
Got my targets today.

You are aware that you and your target were supposed to be at the opposite ends of that 25 yards don't you?

slamfire51
05-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Just got my targets today but it is raining again and I still don't have a suitable handgun but I will find one.

You are aware that you and your target were supposed to be at the opposite ends of that 25 yards don't you?

WHAAAAAT?

:wow:

FunkyPertwee
05-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Got my targets today.

I told you the CZ-82 is accurate.

And yeah, your probably going to beat me.

slamfire51
05-13-2011, 11:33 PM
I told you the CZ-82 is accurate.

And yeah, your probably going to beat me.

Not unless you get 11 shots in the 10 ring. :tinfoil:

old Grump
05-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Borrowed a Canadian made Browning from my gunsmith to shoot May, I count 9 holes on paper and 6 of them were in the scoring ring, barely. Wind was in my face, just starting to rain when I started shooting the official target and I couldn't see that little itty bitty front sight no way no how even before it started blowing and raining. I think I am getting closer to the day I need cataract surgery but it doesn't seem to hurt my rifle shooting or my pistols with the match sights.

I really need my own gun and neither of my two toy stores deal in C&R and my gunsmith won't sell. Sometimes being in the sticks is a bad thing. Anybody have a C&R handgun for sale?

Schuetzenman
05-28-2011, 08:54 PM
I don't but Aim does have the Walther P-1 and it is C&R listed. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3WALP1&name=German+Walther+P1+9mm+Pistol+with+one+mag&groupid=3

old Grump
05-28-2011, 10:51 PM
I don't but Aim does have the Walther P-1 and it is C&R listed. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3WALP1&name=German+Walther+P1+9mm+Pistol+with+one+mag&groupid=3They will want some kind of plastic money and I don't do plastic.

slamfire51
05-28-2011, 10:54 PM
They will want some kind of plastic money and I don't do plastic.

They accept paper money too.

old Grump
05-28-2011, 11:11 PM
We only accept credit card payments for internet orders. Please call toll free (888)748-5252 for other payment options. We accept Discover, Visa and Mastercard at NO EXTRA CHARGE! We do not charge the card until the merchandise is shipped. If you are making payment with a debit card, please understand AIM, Inc. will take no responsibility for any overdraft charges associated with this purchase; this includes any charges associated with processing error.c

That is what I read on their site.

Schuetzenman
05-28-2011, 11:12 PM
They will want some kind of plastic money and I don't do plastic.

I was going to say it but Slamfire51 kind of beat me to it. You'd have to send in your C&R license and your payment. Checks would be held until cleared. A US Postal money order would get you immediate shippment. My advise would be to give them a call Tuesday when they're open and give them your zip code. From that they should be able to give you an estimate on the shipping charges for the weapon.

slamfire51
05-28-2011, 11:13 PM

They used to accept money orders. I've sent them MOs before.
Talk to Steve Francis.

Schuetzenman
05-28-2011, 11:31 PM

Notice the part about Call for OTHER payment options. Sure you want to order on line then you're going to need plastic or at least a debit card. But if your C&R isn't on file with them they won't process your order anyway. You're going to have to start with sending in the license. If you call you can tell them what you want, that you'll send a copy of your license with payment. I'm sure they'll say fine no problem. I did business for about 10 years every week of my life when I was an 01 FFL. They took my business check fine after I had established myself with them. Early on, it was Postal Money orders. Aim is very accomodating.