PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Finding an Online Dealer

SyN
05-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Hello: My first post here... I've been looking into an AK-47 for awhile now...I have 2 modified SkSs but there is something I can't get rid off--->I Want an AK-47 to modify basically to help with home defense along with my Handguns... I do also have 4K rounds of 7.62X39 stocked up... But anyway... Here is my question---> I live in a small town with 1 gun dealer and he is old school... He does not stock any assault rifles he hates them... But he told me he will order me one... Can anyone give me a list of a few trustworthy online companies that I can have him order from... I'm just mainly looking for a ROMANIAN WASR-10 AK...

I'm sure many of you have good or bad things to say about the online companies... I would just like a few very dependable trustworthy names...

Thank You
SyN

Viking350
05-11-2011, 05:22 PM
www.gunbroker.com

imanaknut
05-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

There are other nice AK variants instead of the WASR series.

Check: Atlantic Firearms who usually have a nice selection of AK variants.
Aim Surplus, who sometimes have them at prices that cause them to be sold out very quickly.
Centerfire Systems also has great prices on AK variants.

Although most fail to believe it, because it is a myth perpetuated by the news media and governments, the Soviet military never officially called the rifle an "AK-47" but instead just AK, translated as Automatic Kalashnikov. There followed the AKM, for Automatic Kalashnikov Modernized in the mid 1950s, which had a stamped steel receiver. The only AK variant that was given an official number was the AK-74. :D There is a new series of AKs bearing numbers in the 100s, but most are higher end rifles.

Most variants today are of the AKM type, but all meeting the ATF interpretation of the second amendment which limits imports of commercial AKs, banned outright the only true military issue AK ever imported for sale here, the Romanian SAR-1, and made sure all made today meet the sporting purpose clause of the new second amendment, having no more than 10 imported parts, thereby being "sporting" and not "evil". DUH!

Check the sites listed, and don't be afraid to ask questions before buying since an informed decision is a smart decision. :thumbsup:

El Laton Caliente
05-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Welcome to the board!!!

What 'Nut said. I've done business with every site he mentioned and all were up to expectations.

SyN
05-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks to You All... Within the next 3 months we will have the wifes Navi Paid off as well as our 5th wheel... Woot!!! I will have some extra spending money then... I will begin looking seriously into an AK...I will continue visiting and gathering information from here to help with my decision... Thanks again...

CrufflerSteve
05-13-2011, 06:10 PM
http://centerfiresystems.com/ has good deals on AK's. I'm getting into building so I'm not buying the guns.My first build was an AMD-65. It really is a nice gun. The two pistol grips and (required) oversize muzzle brake make it easy to handle. The wire stock is a bit sparse so I added an extension from AMD65 Tech. I then wrapped it in paracord. It now feels great.

I think any AK other than an underfolder should have a side rail mount. You can add whatever type of sight and sight mount from that. I added the MPK2 to my AMD. It comes from Collector's Source DFW. It attaches from inside the receiver with screws.

These additions I'm mentioning don't require the tools a builder would have but make a basically sound AK very easy to handle. I have a wide angle black dot/red dot scope on it for rapid target acquisition.

You might want to consider buying soon since prices do seem to heading up.

Steve

(AK)1000shots
06-01-2011, 02:27 PM
I just got a WASR 10/63 through Hinterland Outfitters (you can find them online). Their customer service isn't super great, i.e. calling them usually results in voicemail, but they're trustworthy. Email is probably the best way to contact them. Their prices are very reasonable, and while the ad listed a sling, it didn't come with one, so they sent me a coupon for $10 on my next purchase. J&G has good stuff too, but their feedback is awful i.e. they don't tell you something is on its way by email until a week after you get it. Hinterland does a good job providing UPS info and everything. Usually takes them a day or two to ship it once you put your order in, but they're good at what they do.

They're based in TX, and are relatively new as far as companies go, but I'd highly recommend them.

romak10/63UF
06-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Let me explain to you www.gunbroker.com its eazy fast fun an you can pick out the rifle your want.... click on the website above an then click ak47 an look for anything you want in your price range... say you find a wasr 10-63 fixed stock for 399.99 wow what a deal right... well then you press the buy it now button... send the gundealer a photo copy of your id with with the money order " and your local gunshops FFL licence " its really eazy... they dealer ships the gun you just bought from gunbroker to your gunshop then the gunshop in your town might charge you a transfer fee or maybe he wont depending on how well you know him...