PDA

View Full Version : Side Folder on Milled Rcvr

kenpokiwi
05-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Hello Gentlemen, longtime AK fan, FNG to the forum. Bought my first AK in 1987 while in the Navy (Fleet/MIUW) and have owned/built half a dozen since. I picked up a milled MAK-90 dirt "I feel really guilty" cheap and have decided to turn it into eye-candy. I've stripped it down to the rcvr/barrel/gas block and blinged it from there. All U.S. made parts hve gone back into it. My last artistic touch is to install the AK/Saiga side folder (U.S. made) from One Source Tactical. It's a single tang rcvr so I'll probably have to cut it off. Any other ideas or thoughts about the add-on?

romak10/63UF
05-12-2011, 07:32 PM
As a former owner of a milled mak-90 pre 1990's i can personally tell you i have put a chinese underfolder stock on it an it took a little while with dremel gridning wheels.and drill bits.... How long did it take i remeber working on it every day for about 2 hours for about 3 weeks. I wanted to make sure when it folded up it was perfect... Then you have to cut off the rear tang an weld on a peace of 1/4 inch thick steel plate then reblued it to look like it was made from the factory... I paid 400 for the mak-90 an 100 dollars for the chinese folding stock witch included the rear trunion witch i used as a template for the underfolder... As far as the side folder goes if i remeber right the mak-90 has a hole in the rear reciver about the size of a quarter... you would have to mill it the rear of the reciver to accept a romanian side folding stock... you would have to use a metal cutting jigsaw blades " carbide steel blades " Good luck please post pictures of your build.

p.s. i sold my mak-90 for 1500

romak10/63UF
05-12-2011, 07:36 PM
If you need 100% proof hear is my first mak-90 with the underfolder installed... Look closer an you can see the detail....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/nismo619/kennyak.jpg