PDA

View Full Version : I have trouble with coons.

AKTexas
05-15-2011, 09:59 PM
My latest trip to lease to check on things and pull the cards from the game cameras revealed a swarm of little masked buggers.

My BIL said he found a little trick he is going to try soon. He suggested attaching carpet tack strips to the legs of the feeders. This should keep the buggers from climbing up and raiding the corn.

Anyone else have any ideas?

romak10/63UF
05-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Vietnam Death pits... Dig a hole about 3 to 4 foot deep an line it with super sharp sticks .... just for kicks... a coon trap :gruebel:

btcave
05-15-2011, 10:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q

jojo
05-15-2011, 10:34 PM
I have been having some coon problems too. Bought a live trap and have been baiting it with sardines. Been working for me and gives my 9 year old nephew something to look forward to.

romak10/63UF
05-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Hey jojo ill buy the skins from ya i have always wanted to have a hukabilly fin coon hat ! do you take paypal ? :thumbspbig:

jojo
05-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Hey jojo ill buy the skins from ya i have always wanted to have a hukabilly fin coon hat ! do you take paypal ? :thumbspbig:

Sorry but I have just been turning them loose in the swamp.

binky59
05-16-2011, 09:50 AM
The population is rising here in Western NY, alot of the racoons here are rabid and not taken for pelts anymore. We used to hunt them at night using hounds, there were so many taken that you couldn't give them away. And yes I did have one of the original Davy Crockett coon skin caps with the tail. Sure would like a few pelts to work on, like I need more things to do!

AKTexas
05-17-2011, 07:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q

LOL That was my first thought but....:laugh:

I have been having some coon problems too. Bought a live trap and have been baiting it with sardines. Been working for me and gives my 9 year old nephew something to look forward to.

Property owner say no to live traps. He want them dead if we have the opportunity to shoot them. I was raised to eat what I kill and I have no problem eating coon. Not that bad eating when you cooked right. But I would be the only one eating them fuckers.

romak10/63UF
05-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Well ak texas if you shoot a few ill buy the pelts of you i only need 5 of them.. :cool1: