PDA

View Full Version : Saiga Help

Koda
05-17-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm new here and after lurking for awhile it seems this is where I need to be.

I plan on purchasing a Saiga 7.62x39 and converting it to take standard AK magazines. How much does this process cost? Is it easy to do? I am a complete novice when it comes to things like this but with some direction I can usually accomplish most things.

I will be making my purchase (most likely) at a local gun show. What should I be looking for? Anything in particular?

Should I stick with the Saiga or think about something else? My budget is extremely low right now so I would like to buy something and upgrade it as my budget allows. I would however like for whatever I buy to be extremely reliable.

Thanks for any help y'all can provide.

AKTexas
05-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Check this link. It is very useful it may be out of date and there are some other options you can make.

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

Paying someone to convert the Saiga is not cheap like it used to be. You can buy a complete firearm for much less now from various suppliers. Centerfire Systems, Atlantic Firearms would be my first stops.

blobman
05-17-2011, 05:27 PM
very easy to do,although in 762 , you can prolly getv a new gun for the same ,but with other cals 556-554 , you can justify a conv.,plus iv found you can find saigas fairly cheap foir a "bas" gun

Koda
05-17-2011, 07:26 PM
But all I need in order to get it to accept standard magazines is a bullet guide right?

AKTexas
05-17-2011, 07:33 PM
But all I need in order to get it to accept standard magazines is a bullet guide right?

You run into the parts count thing when you allow the rifle to accept standard magazines.

68rs327
06-06-2011, 02:50 PM
thought about doing this myself. after doing some research, I think it is cheaper to just buy a Saiga already converted.