PDA

View Full Version : James C. Rest in Peace

Kadmos
05-18-2011, 09:13 PM
He wasn't famous.

He was a Catholic boy from Missouri, what would probably be called a "lapsed Catholic", didn't go anymore but was still respectful.

As a teen he got into some trouble, drugs and such.

Cleaned up, joined the Army and became a Ranger.

He didn't see combat, but he served honorably.

After the Army he became a bit lost again, even served a bit of time.

When he cleaned up again he married a woman with three pre teen kids. They weren't technically his but he would do anything for any of them.

He helped raise them and get them into college. They gave him grand-kids. He helped raise them as well. He was Papa Jay to them.

He worked as a machinist for a couple decades, raising family and trying to enjoy life.

Eventually things went sour in his marriage and his wife left. Some chronic pains had him addicted to pain medication.

When his wife left he still took care of her kids, one even continued to live with him with her three kids, his grand kids.

His pains got worse and he took so many pain medications he could no longer work.

With his wife gone, terrible pains, unable to drive or really get around so well he turned back to drinking, then illegal drugs.

Last night he passed away, it appears to be from a drug overdose.

He was my father in law. Even when my wife and I divorced he came to me, hugged me and told me he would always think of me as his son, and I told him I would always think of him as my father.

I tried to help him when he started to get bad, I failed.

It's hard to explain, I've tried to tell the truth here, not sugar coat it, but even as it turned out he was an honorable man, a good, kind, and decent man.

Love you Jay, Rest in peace

Sorry guys, I just had to get that out. I ended up pulling his last name off the title for his families sake, but I wanted him remembered right now.

Bless you all and tell those you love that you love them, one day it may be too late. It had been nearly a year since I talked to him.

AKTexas
05-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Sorry for the loss.

Helen Keller
05-18-2011, 09:32 PM
I tried to help him when he started to get bad, I failed.

You didn't fail.
You loved him as you would love yourself.

That is no failure.

Schuetzenman
05-18-2011, 09:33 PM
You have my codolences on your loss.

btcave
05-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Love is never failure my friend. You spoke well of a good man.

Gunner1558
05-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Condolences for your loss.

He sounds like a man who tried to do the right thing.

Oswald Bastable
05-18-2011, 10:29 PM
You didn't fail.

That is no failure.

This!

Love is never failure my friend. You spoke well of a good man.

And this!

You have my heartfelt condolences Kadmos. This world makes it easy for one to lose his way. You were a light along Jay's path, shining in the right direction. There are few finer ways of helping one you love.

Warthogg
05-18-2011, 11:17 PM
You didn't fail.

That is no failure.

This

Wart

Kadmos
05-19-2011, 12:24 AM
Thanks guys. I guess I wasn't so subtle that I was feeling pretty low about how this all went down. It's tough not to think that I could have done more. But I guess it is what it is.

This wasn't really about me though anyway, but to honor him.

Bluntforce
05-19-2011, 01:23 AM
Sometimes all you can do is more than you should.

I'm caring for a good person now, but it's taking me down with them.

The Torah says to preserve life. You must your own as well.

blobman
05-20-2011, 03:50 PM
weell,what did he drink? ill drink one for him topnight.although thats prolly not the best thing to do

studmuffin
05-20-2011, 04:01 PM
:-(