PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Apology? U.S. to Send First Delegation to Hiroshima A-Bomb Memorial

az_paul
08-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Atomic Apology? U.S. to Send First Delegation to Hiroshima A-Bomb Memorial
TOKYO

Survivors of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki are welcoming a decision by the United States to send its first ever delegation to a ceremony marking the anniversary of the attacks.

TOKYO (AP) * Survivors of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki are welcoming a decision by the United States to send its first ever delegation to a ceremony marking the anniversary of the attacks, but are asking for something they aren't likely to get * an apology.

Tokyo has praised the decision to send U.S. Ambassador John Roos to the Hiroshima anniversary on Friday, though some survivors of the attack, which is seen by many in Japan as an unjustified use of excessive force against a civilian population, say they have mixed feelings.

"They best thing they could do would be to apologize," said Terumi Tanaka, who survived the 1945 atomic bombing of Nagasaki at age 13 and is now secretary-general of the Japan Confederation of A- and H-Bomb Sufferers Associations. "But I doubt that is going to happen."

Tanaka, whose organization is the only nationwide network of atomic bomb survivors, said the decision to send Roos is a positive sign of U.S. resolve to abolish nuclear weapons.

"We welcome the visit. But without an apology, it is difficult for us," he said. "We aren't asking for reparations. We simply want the U.S. to apologize and get rid of its nuclear arsenal."

U.S. officials say they felt it was "the right thing to do" to send Roos to the ceremony * which begins Friday morning with the ringing of a bell and the release of
doves. They also hope the move will underscore President Barack Obama's call for a world without nuclear weapons.

Roos visited Hiroshima just weeks after he arrived in Tokyo in 2009, and the response was generally positive. But this is the first time the U.S. will send a delegation to the anniversary ceremony itself.

About 140,000 people were killed or died within months when an American B-29 bombed Hiroshima on Aug. 6, 1945. Three days later, about 80,000 people died after the United States attacked Nagasaki. Japan surrendered on Aug. 15, ending World War II.

Hiroshima officials on Wednesday said this year representatives of 75 countries will attend the ceremony, along with U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon. Representatives from nuclear powers France and Britain will also attend for the first time.

Hiroshima Mayor Tadatoshi Akiba singled out Roos' decision to participate as particularly significant.

"The attendance of Ambassador Roos will further strengthen world opinion toward the abolition of nuclear weapons and, we strongly hope, deepen the resolve of the government of Washington, as a nuclear power, to destroy such weapons," Akiba said in a statement.

Noriyuki Shikata, a spokesman for the prime minister, said the trip is a meaningful chance to influence public opinion toward a nuclear-weapon-free world.

"Since 65 years have passed, rather than demanding the U.S. apologize, at this point it is important to send a message to the world, and to the younger generation, that this must never be repeated," he said.

Roos is not scheduled to speak at the event.

After touring the Hiroshima Peace Museum last October during his first trip to the city, Roos wrote in a guest book that he was deeply moved.

"A visit to Hiroshima is a powerful reminder of the destructiveness of nuclear weapons, and underscores the importance of working together to seek the peace and security of a world without them," he said, according to a statement issued by the U.S. Embassy.

Roos' willingness to travel to Hiroshima has raised hopes that Obama * who is expected to visit Japan in November * may be next.

Calls have grown in Japan for Obama to visit Hiroshima and Nagasaki since his speech in Prague envisioning a nuclear-free world and since he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. The mayors of both cities have invited him and Japanese newspaper editorials and anti-nuclear groups have pointed out that previous Nobel Peace Prize winners have visited the cities.

"President Obama should go to Hiroshima and Nagasaki himself, as the mayors of those two cities have officially invited him to do, and he should meet with the Hibakusha, survivors of the bombings, to hear their plea that these horrific weapons be abolished so that no one ever suffers as they have," said Kevin Martin, executive director of Peace Action, a Washington-based activist group.

But the apology issue could squelch any such plans.

Signs of sympathy toward Japanese suffering could be seen as criticism of the U.S. decision to drop the bombs * viewed by many Americans as a pragmatic move to hasten the end of the war that the U.S. entered after Japan attacked Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941.

Others see the bombings as crimes against humanity.

"I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect an apology," said Yasunari Fujimoto, secretary-general of the Japan Congress Against A- and H-Bombs. "But what is most important now is that the U.S. is being represented, the suffering of the victims will be acknowledged, and the process toward getting rid of nuclear weapons will get a boost."

Former President Jimmy Carter visited the atomic bomb memorial at the Hiroshima Peace Museum in 1984, after he was out of office. The highest-ranking American to visit while in office is House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who went last year.

az_paul
08-04-2010, 12:25 PM
What a bunch of bullshit!! I have their apology right here...."SWINGING". They attacked us, killed many thousand Americans and Allies and they want an apology. Screw them!!!

matshock
08-04-2010, 12:30 PM
More revisionism- everything we ever did to our enemies was bad.

What the Imperial Japanese did to Manilla accounts for more horror than we did to them in the entire war.

I bet those "peace activists" would have been perfectly happy if we had used plan B- which was to feed mainland Japan to the Soviet Union.

Phil O'Mel
08-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Nonsense. It's not like atomic testing on a defeated population amounts to a war crime or something.

abpt1
08-04-2010, 12:35 PM
What a bunch of bullshit!! I have their apology right here...."SWINGING". They attacked us, killed many thousand Americans and Allies and they want an apology. Screw them!!!

^
This !

matshock
08-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Nonsense. It's not like atomic testing on a defeated population amounts to a war crime or something.

Defeated? You must have missed the propoganda reels of Japan arming women and children to defend the mainland.

You might have also missed the mass suicides and suicide bombings on Okinowa.

Arer you a product of modern public re-education?

Phil O'Mel
08-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Defeated? You must have missed the propoganda reels of Japan arming women and children to defend the mainland.

You might have also missed the mass suicides and suicide bombings on Okinowa.

Arer you a product of modern public re-education?

Dude, Okinawa was captured in June. This was August. And there were already plans underway for a massive invasion of the mainland by Allied forces.

The bombings were just atomic testing. Hiroshima got it with uranium, Nagasaki with plutonium.

Partisan1983
08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Wow..........:gruebel:

We killed a lot more German citizens then we did Japs......

El Jefe
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Dude, Okinawa was captured in June. This was August. And there were already plans underway for a massive invasion of the mainland by Allied forces.

The bombings were just atomic testing. Hiroshima got it with uranium, Nagasaki with plutonium.

And how many Americans did you want to see killed in said invasion?

Mark Ducati
08-04-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm surprised obongo isn't making the trip himself to apologize!

Phil O'Mel
08-04-2010, 01:04 PM
And how many Americans did you want to see killed in said invasion?

Hey, Jeff, since you seem to think you can read my mind, what color am I thinking of right now?

Kadmos
08-04-2010, 01:12 PM

Dude, Okinawa took the lives of 12,000 Americans, another 60,000 wounded. Half the men who fought there were basically "retired" do to combat stress.

Nearly 100,000 Japenese were killed in the process of inflicting that damage...does that sound like someone about to surrender? No they were more than willing to die to the last man.

And Okinawa still only got the US around 300 miles from the mainland.

Japan had 10,000+ captured US soldiers that it planned to kill if the mainland was invaded, this is well known fact undisputed by either side. There is no doubt they would have done it.

Yes, dropping a nuke is a serious and horrible thing to even contemplate, but had the invasion occured the losses would have been far greater.

Even so, I don't think some form of apology is completely out of order, but it would be like the apology of a father spanking his child "I'm sorry that you made me do this"

chiak47
08-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Checks in the mail.

Mark Ducati
08-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Even so, I don't think some form of apology is completely out of order.

I disagree... any form of apology indicates that we (the US) are admitting that we made a mistake... I'll go so far as to tell the japs "I'm sorry you feel that way...." but I'm not sorry for what we did. At the time, it was the only way to bring the war to an end minimizing OUR casualty loss, given the resources they had at that point in time/history.

Phil O'Mel
08-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Yes, dropping a nuke is a serious and horrible thing to even contemplate, but had the invasion occured the losses would have been far greater.

I agree 100%. But that's not a consideration that was relevant to Truman and the Allies at the time. Sure, afterward they claimed they only dropped the bombs to make an invasion unnecessary. But everyone thought an invasion was inevitable right up to the day the Emperor surrendered.

sevlex
08-04-2010, 01:33 PM
It was Bush's fault!

imanaknut
08-04-2010, 01:43 PM
I praise The Lord that we dropped those bombs. There is a very good chance that if they weren't used, you wouldn't have me to put up with. You see after my dad and his "group" got Europe straightened out, they were setting up to head to the Pacific to prepare to invade the Japanese mainland. You think Omaha Beach was a blood bath?

Sorry, after spending much time in Honolulu, and taking many friends and relatives to the memorial that used to be an American battle ship, I don't have of problem knowing that we dropped the biggest firecracker known to man on an enemy that sought to destroy us first.

Kadmos
08-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I agree 100%. But that's not a consideration that was relevant to Truman and the Allies at the time. Sure, afterward they claimed they only dropped the bombs to make an invasion unnecessary. But everyone thought an invasion was inevitable right up to the day the Emperor surrendered.

While it's true they couldn't have been certain that Japan would surrender, the use of the bomb was basically the only other alternative to invasion.

We issued the Potsdam Declaration after heavily bombing the mainland, it was thier last chance to surrender before an obvious invasion occured, they refused.

So we dropped the bomb in a last ditch effort to get them to surrender. Had it not been a last effort to get them to surrender than why didn't we invade elsewhere on the island at the same time, or within hours? Nothing gives a great diversion like an atom bomb.

Krupski
08-04-2010, 01:52 PM

That was only 1/3 of the reason.

Japan was nuked for 3 reasons:

(1) To shock them into surrendering and saving countless American AND Japanese lives.
(2) Test the effects of a nuclear weapon on live subjects.
(3) Show the Soviets that WE had it and THEY didn't.

I guess there could be a Reason #4... To end the war before the Soviets tried to grab a piece of Japan for themselves.

Anyway, why whine about a nuke? 20 kilotons of regular explosive dropped by hundreds of airplanes or 20 kilotons equivalent explosive dropped by one airplane are the exact same thing.

MANY more people were killed in Germany and Japan by INCENDIARY (fire) bombing.

And lastly... they started it. America finished it.

Kadmos
08-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Anyway, why whine about a nuke? 20 kilotons of regular explosive dropped by hundreds of airplanes or 20 kilotons equivalent explosive dropped by one airplane are the exact same thing.

Except for that whole radiation thing...

Phil O'Mel
08-04-2010, 01:56 PM
While it's true they couldn't have been certain that Japan would surrender, the use of the bomb was basically the only other alternative to invasion.

But it wasn't an alternative. Plans were going forward for the invasion. Veterans have told me that the stockpile of purple hearts minted in anticipation of the heavy casualties was still being used when the Iraq war started.

The Allies dropped the bomb on Hiroshima, the HQ of the Second Army on the island they were initially planning to invade. According to Downfall by Richard Franks, the Allies then decided against invading Kyushu and were formulating alternatives when the Emperor suddenly surrendered.

Krupski
08-04-2010, 02:03 PM

BZZZZZZZT. Wrong. Although you are correct that the Little Boy bomb was uranium and Fat Man was plutonium, they were not different for "testing purposes".

Making weapons grade uranium is very difficult as you have to separate a tiny bit of U235 from a majority of U238 when both isotopes are virtually identical in mass and chemistry.

However, making plutonium is much easier. You simply run a reactor and chemically extract the Pu from the fuel.

Since URANIUM is a bit more stable than plutonium, it's able to be assembled into critical mass by using a simple gun mechanism... a "bullet" of U235 was fired into a "target" of more U235. Combined, they exceeded critical mass and one of the neutrons from the initiator started the chain reaction.

PLUTONIUM, on the other hand, is much less stable (which is why it doesn't exist in nature). Trying to use a gun-type assembly with plutonium would result in premature fission and the bomb would blow itself apart before it could fission fully.

That is why the Pu bomb was a SPHERE which symmetrically compressed a ball of Pu into a smaller, higher density ball.

The higher density of the Pu made the neutron mean free path short enough that the initiator could fire it and have the reaction sustain itself.

The big difference between the two bombs was that the implosion "assembled" the critical mass MUCH faster than a gun bomb could.

So why were two different types of bomb used on Japan? Because we only had enough U235 for one bomb, but we had a lot more Plutonium AND perfected the implosion scheme, so it was used on the second target.

You may or may not know that the Trinity test was a PLUTONIUM implosion bomb. THAT design they wanted to be sure would work. The Uranium gun bomb didn't need to be tested because (1) we didn't HAVE enough U235 to waste on a test and (2) The design was so simple that it HAD to work and everyone hoped it would... and it did.

I suggest you read up on this subject. Check out the author Richard Rhodes. He's written several AWESOMELY good books on this subject.

Krupski
08-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Except for that whole radiation thing...

True... but as I said, THEY started it, so fuck 'em. Let them glow in the dark and let their skin fall off. They started it.

Lysander
08-04-2010, 02:12 PM
But it wasn't an alternative. Plans were going forward for the invasion. Veterans have told me that the stockpile of purple hearts minted in anticipation of the heavy casualties was still being used when the Iraq war started.

The Allies dropped the bomb on Hiroshima, the HQ of the Second Army on the island they were initially planning to invade. According to Downfall by Richard Franks, the Allies then decided against invading Kyushu and were formulating alternatives when the Emperor suddenly surrendered.

I'd gladly trade 100x's the casualties of Hiroshima and Nagasaki all over again if it meant that one less American GI died. In fact, one could make the argument that the use of atomic bombs resulted in fewer civilian casualties then if we had invaded. One needs only look at Saipan and Okinawa and civilian casualties there to get a good feel for what Japan's death count would have been.

El Jefe
08-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Hey, Jeff, since you seem to think you can read my mind, what color am I thinking of right now?

Geeze, obviously if I could read your mind I wouldn't have asked the question, one that you didn't answer I might add. If you're going to spout anti-American BS you should expect to be called on it.

As costly as the retaking of the Pacific had been to that point, It wasn't an unreasonable thing to do.

Phil O'Mel
08-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I say we wait until Japan pays up for the hundreds of thousands of tuna melts we delivered in '45.

El Jefe
08-04-2010, 02:32 PM
When are we going to apologize for firebombing Tokyo?

:duh:

Kadmos
08-04-2010, 02:32 PM

We were at war, you don't just put off all other plans and hope they surrender 10 minutes after the bomb drops.

We were activly building more bombs that we intended to drop in the next few weeks.
Marshall wrote a document that said the next bomb would be ready in two weeks and indicated we would use it on the presidents authourity, including the phrase "assuming the Japanese do not capitulate"

We couldn't know they would surrender, but we could hope.

Dr. Gonzo GED
08-04-2010, 02:49 PM
I say we wait until Japan pays up for the hundreds of thousands of tuna melts we delivered in '45.
If they apologise for Nanking, Pearl Harbor, the Philipines, Manchuria, and unit 731 (or even admit that any of it happened) then I might consider them due for a gentlemanly "sorry, our bad".

AKTexas
08-04-2010, 03:03 PM
How about an apology from the Mitsubishi corp for the enslavement of US citizens, weird anime and Nintendo.

Phil O'Mel
08-04-2010, 03:07 PM
How about an apology from the Mitsubishi corp for the enslavement of US citizens, weird anime and Nintendo.

LOL...and "dry beer"!

Full Otto
08-04-2010, 03:49 PM
If they apologise for Nanking, Pearl Harbor, the Philipines, Manchuria, and unit 731 (or even admit that any of it happened) then I might consider them due for a gentlemanly "sorry, our bad".

Now that's putting a little nicer than the "Fuck 'em" quote I was going to use

http://incredibleimages4u.blogspot.com/2010/04/brutal-japanese-during-second-world-war.html

Prometheus168
08-04-2010, 06:15 PM

Have you ever spent any time in uniform? OF COURSE THEY WERE PLANNING TO INVADE... You always have a "Plan B" should Plan A not succeed. That is they way that the Military has always done things!

Rusty :rolleyes::rolleyes:

HDR
08-04-2010, 07:39 PM

Why not wait until Japan apologizes for all their WWII atrocities.

Perhaps this is Japan's chance to lead by example?

I would be nice, a little ceremony commemorating killing off so many civilians..

The Nanking Massacre or Nanjing Massacre, also known as the Rape of Nanking, was a six-week period following the Japanese capture of the city of Nanjing (Nanking), the former capital of the Republic of China, on December 13, 1937. During this period, hundreds of thousands of civilians were murdered and 20,000–80,000 women were raped[1] by soldiers of the Imperial Japanese Army.[2][3][4] The massacre remains a contentious political issue, as various aspects of it have been disputed by some historical revisionists and Japanese nationalists,[3] who have claimed that the massacre has been either exaggerated or wholly fabricated for propaganda purposes. As a result of the nationalist efforts to deny or rationalize the war crimes, the controversy created surrounding the massacre remains a stumbling block in Sino-Japanese relations, as well as Japanese relations with other Asia-Pacific nations such as South Korea and the Philippines.

I know it didn't happen; the Japanese would never massacre "hundreds of thousands of civilians were murdered"

How about the "20,000–80,000 women were raped"

Try opening the mind and absorbing the reality of history.. You can take it...

What you don't get is their message "it is only us that count"

Ruskiegunlover
08-04-2010, 08:23 PM
its pretty obvious we have infiltraters from the left here. More people who know shit about history, and want to blame america.

FACTS are that they would not have surrendered, and we could have either starved them to death over the coarse of several years, and let millions die and eat eachother, all the while enforcing an expensive naval blockade.....or we invade and take MASSIVE casualties. As in, DOUBLE the total amount from europe. And, while taking MANY, MANY, MANY more american casualties, our surviving soldiers would always remember shooting children and women who had been armed and lied to about how american soldiers would rape them, kill them, or eat them......

Yeah, dropping two nukes and killing 200,000 was REALLY the bad decision.....its obvious we had so many more options available that would have cost less lives, right you dumbass? Or, what, we just stop fighting the war when we reach the mainland? Decide we've punished them enough, and stop? Walk away?

People who believe this are truly idiots. If I had my way, we would sever all relations with that shitty, arrogant, lieing country and let the russians or chinese have them. Stop trading with them, tell them any and all loans we owe are FORGIVEN (or its another nuke)......They are NOT allies of ours, and have never admitted to ANY crimes in WWII, and in fact teach their children WE (America) were the aggressor in WWII. FUCK them.

HDR
08-04-2010, 09:48 PM
TOKYO (AP) * Survivors of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki are welcoming a decision by the United States to send its first ever delegation to a ceremony marking the anniversary of the attacks, but are asking for something they aren't likely to get * an apology.

I believe the Japanese owe an apology to the world for starting a war which cost the lives of so many. The Japanese should apologize for all the atrocities committed by their soldiers in WWII.

Let's fill their TV with images of what their nation did in WWII. Burying civilians, men, women and children alive then bayoneting them through the dirt.

Each one of them calling for an apology ought to be required to read it.

If we do owe an apology then we apologize for ending the war you started.

Krupski
08-05-2010, 08:43 AM

IF Japan apologized I think the only response America would owe them is "apology accepted".

On second thought. No. Fuck 'em.

Warlord
08-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Fuck thoes mother fuckers! Besides Pearl harbor here's another good reason to make thoes fuckers glow in the dark.

THE BATAAN DEATH MARCH

http://www.pbs.org/thewar/images/objects/large/S0757.jpg

http://www.pow-wwii.com/images/execution.jpg

http://www.pow-wwii.com/images/death.jpg

http://www.westchestergov.com/images/section_images/people/VET_BataanMarchVictims.jpg

"April 9, 1942, the infamous "Death March" 6 days, 90 miles, began at the Mariveles terminating at Camp O'Donnell and later moved to Camp Cabanatuan.

According to Japanese Plans these P.O.W's were to be moved by foot, carrying their own rations to the border of Bataan and Pampango.

The main stage of the Death March was set at Mariveles, at the southern tip of Bataan Peninsula.

Troops started to march in a long column on a dusty road without food and water.
For many of the Bloody, frail men, this was the last march.

One man fell from exhaustion and was then flatten by a tank, as all the other troops witnessed this horrible action, other soldiers were hit by Japanese trucks passing by.

The P.O.W's were forced to stand next to a fresh stream but weren't allowed to drink from it, even though they were exhausted and dehydrated , after a while one soldier could not take it any more, he ran to the stream and fell in, face first, to drink. Immediately one of the Japanese guards ran over, pulled his sword out and cut his head off..

A great many men reached the end of their endurance. The dropouts became numerous. They fell on the roadside, some making no effort to rise. Groaning and weeping, some succeeded while others fell back helplessly.
As the march continued, the diseased, starving men staggered up the dusty road, prodded by the Japanese guards to keep moving. As one soldier was dying, he cried for water. He died on the dusty road. The heat of the day was so intense that they were half crazy from thirst. They arrived at a small stream that was contaminated with filthy water, a bloated corpse filled with maggots, this filthy stream the P.O.W's were allowed to drink from , as the Japanese guards laughed at them.

Death March ended after 6 days, where the P.O.W's boarded a train to the Death Camp".

My father is a WWII vet and he to this day will not forgive them. They were lucky they weren't compleatly exterminated.

JVD
08-05-2010, 08:00 PM
obumhole apologizes for something again? what a shock.

that assclown is gonna be in the history books as an apologist and always blaming other people for his ineptitude, a complete fucking dipshit.

aliceinchains
08-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Should we thank them for bombing Pearl Harbor and violating the Geneva Conventions.

Chopping off the heads of our troops at sword point had no glory.Just showed how barbaric they were. Just like the modern day johnny jihad.

az_paul
08-06-2010, 02:05 AM
If it was my call, I'd drop a nuke over there on every anniversary as a reminder to them and the rest of the world that they'd better not fuck with us.

08-06-2010, 02:40 AM
I flew over here to Okinawa with an old Japanese man a couple weeks ago and he said at the end of things he and other 7th grade boys were trained to be martyrs for the cause. He said they were given bamboo poles to sharpen and one stick of dynamite. They spent their time in individual holes along the beach imagining the nightmare of Americans coming to shore to rape their mothers and sisters and to cut the rest to pieces. They were not allowed to talk to each other at night.

He told me that it took him 50-years to admit to a peer at a reunion how afraid he was at night and how he licked the dynamite because it was sweet to the taste.

He came to America later, got his education and worked at Quanitco.

Pretty cool old man and I was please to hear his stories.

swampdragon
08-06-2010, 03:00 AM
If it was my call, I'd drop a nuke over there on every anniversary as a reminder to them and the rest of the world that they'd better not fuck with us.

My step-dad is a Pearl Harbor survivor who went on to continue to fight in the war until it ended.
I think he'd really like you.

az_paul
08-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Swampdragon.....God Bless your Step-Dad!! I'll bet the memories and nightmares of Pearl Harbor are still with him. Treasure him while he's still with us.

swampdragon
08-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Swampdragon.....God Bless your Step-Dad!! I'll bet the memories and nightmares of Pearl Harbor are still with him. Treasure him while he's still with us.

He is in his 90's now and has alzhiemers.
But he was a very good man, and good to my mom too.

Every 10 years, the VFW pays the airfare and hotel to send him and my mom to Hawaii for the anniversary memorial ceremony.
They have to pay for their food and fun stuff, but the basic cost of the trip is covered.
He is one of the guests honored at the ceremony.
After every trip, he comes back saying what a great time they had....but then he gets depressed when he talks about how few of the survivors are still alive.
The list gets shorter every year.

Full Otto
08-06-2010, 04:06 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/a3ye.jpg

davepool
08-06-2010, 05:38 PM
My wife was named after her uncle Paul (Paulette) who was a Marine at pearl harbor and a survivor of the attack. I met him about 20 years ago just before he died, he held no hatred for the japanese and being a deeply religious man, had found it in his heart to forgive them(he lost a lot of friends in the attack).He reasoned that the japanese people could not be held responsible for the actions of their politicians.Forgive but never forget

An apology 65 years after the fact seems idiotic and meaningless. It would be more appropriate for the japanese survivors to forgive us for doing what we were forced to do and get the fuck over it.

swampdragon
08-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Watch this just once, and then decide if we should apologize to Japan or not.
Personally, I think Obama should be executed in an AMERICAN public square for even contemplating the idea.
He's a piece of shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt13c3olXkU

Blacksmith
08-06-2010, 06:22 PM
You can only be sorry for something that you regret.
They brought it on themselves. If anything they owe us an apology for forcing us to nuke them.

swampdragon
08-06-2010, 06:31 PM
You can only be sorry for something that you regret.
They brought it on themselves. If anything they owe us an apology for forcing us to nuke them.

Yep.
3000 killed/wounded in a sneak attack on a Sunday morning pretty much equals a complete ass-kicking they had coming.
And nope. I'm not sorry for what our country did at all.

Warlord
08-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Watch this just once, and then decide if we should apologize to Japan or not.
Personally, I think Obama should be executed in an AMERICAN public square for even contemplating the idea.
He's a piece of shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt13c3olXkU

I just watched it and I'm crying, I'm just at a loss for words.

Swampy I agree with you 100%.

swampdragon
08-06-2010, 06:54 PM
I just watched it and I'm crying, I'm just at a loss for words.

Swampy I agree with you 100%.

And I agree with my step-dad.
He lived through that whole thing and didn't get killed.
But he watched some of his friends die that day.
He still hates Japan.

Warlord
08-06-2010, 07:24 PM
And I agree with my step-dad.
He lived through that whole thing and didn't get killed.
But he watched some of his friends die that day.
He still hates Japan.

My Dad is a WWII Vet and feels the same way, he told me " Don't ever trust thoes slantey eyed bastards"

A real man and American like your step dad. Tell him we will never forget and we love him.

"The greatest generation"! :animatedsalute:

az_paul
08-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Swampy........Thank you for posting that very touching video. I am at a loss for words, other than to say we should have kept it up and completely leveled their fucking country.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I think we now have a pact in place to defend them and South Korea if they're attacked by North Korea. Why???? What have they ever done for us to deserve putting more American lives at risk?

1 Patriot-of-many
08-07-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm surprised obongo isn't making the trip himself to apologize!

Exactly what I was thinking.

swampdragon
08-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Swampy........Thank you for posting that very touching video. I am at a loss for words, other than to say we should have kept it up and completely leveled their fucking country.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I think we now have a pact in place to defend them and South Korea if they're attacked by North Korea. Why???? What have they ever done for us to deserve putting more American lives at risk?

You're welcome.
I posted the video because sometimes a picture is worth a thousands words.

By being involved in the defense of SK and Japan, we help prevent further communist expansion in Asia.
The whole thing is rather ironic since our Flying Tigers flew for China against Japan at the beginning of the war.
But after the war, we became Japan's defenders against China after Japan started down the road toward a form of democracy.

jeremiah johnson
08-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Where is the link to the original posters story? Although I woudn't be suprised with
this wacko administration. Please show from proof from a source that may be reputable.

Full Otto
08-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Where is the link to the original posters story? Although I woudn't be suprised with
this wacko administration. Please show from proof from a source that may be reputable.

http://www.news919.com/news/world/article/85139--atomic-apology-us-to-send-first-delegation-to-hiroshima-a-bomb-memorial

jeremiah johnson
08-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Thank you for the link, now I can get pissed off.

itchyfinger
08-08-2010, 07:42 AM
True... but as I said, THEY started it, so fuck 'em. Let them glow in the dark and let their skin fall off. They started it.

I have to agree. I STILL resent them for it. Ever been to Pearl Harbor? Ever seen how a "round eye" is treated on the streets of Hawaaii by the Japanese? I've been there and done that. I have no regrets about either bomb. I only regret we didn't do it sooner.