PDA

View Full Version : PK-A Red Dot sight?

AK-J
08-04-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm looking for a russian optic to put on an SAR2, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the PK-A red dot sight.

How rugged is it? Does it hold its zero? Battery life?

Thanks.

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scopes/red-dot/pk-a-military-fast-acquisition-red-dot-rifle-scope-ak-version.html

AKTexas
08-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm looking for a russian optic to put on an SAR2, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the PK-A red dot sight.

How rugged is it? Does it hold its zero? Battery life?

Thanks.

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scopes/red-dot/pk-a-military-fast-acquisition-red-dot-rifle-scope-ak-version.html

Eats batteries like candy,holds zero fine and rugged like most russian optics.I sold mine off because the battery diet sucked.

Kalinka is one of those places to use with caution.We had some hit or miss reviews when the old site was up.

Bluedog
08-04-2010, 03:53 PM
I have one on my 74. Its a great sight if you are left-handed like me. I get a perfect cheek-weld, since the sight is off-set to the left. Right handed shooters have to hold there head away from the stock, which slows them down while they hunt for the dot, or use their left eye, which some folks cannot get used to.

I had a Kobra, which was a fine sight. But when I tried the PK-A, I was so much faster in getting on target do to the dot always being in the same place when I shouldered the rifle, that I sold the Kobra.

YMMV on the battery life. Mine is still on its first one. It's been going strong for a couple of years. I do turn it off when I not using though.

AK-J
08-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys.

I remember the mixed reviews of Kalinka back from the old board. I'll give them a try, but I know that I'm taking a risk doing so.

I'm right handed, but I can shoot left handed, and quickly adapt to new rifles and set-ups. So I shouldn't have a problem with it being off-set.

slamfire51
08-10-2010, 08:04 AM
I've bought several things from Kalinka over the yrs. and never any problems.
Fast shipping, and helpful CS.