PDA

View Full Version : Details About SWAT Raid

TEN-32
05-22-2011, 04:01 AM
Starting to sound like the Marine was a part of a home invasion crew...

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_a978c23a-a40f-5d0a-a203-76b88ac67e86.html?mode=story

5.56NATO
05-22-2011, 06:26 AM
Justice if true, how convenient for the murderers if not.

old Grump
05-22-2011, 09:55 AM
First report I saw was that it was a wrong address.

This story mentions involvement with drugs but no drugs were found and the articles they claim to have found are not illegal for him to have.

They delayed letting him get medical care in spite of having shot him 60 times and his laying in view of the officers.

Something stinks of very bad fish here.

He might have been part of a home invasion gang??? Call me suspicious. I'm not anti-police but I am anti-BS no matter who spouts it.

bovver
05-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Well now.
I feel better.
If the media and the police said it,its got to be true because neither would lie to the public.

TEN-32
05-22-2011, 10:14 AM
I can speak with some authority and from experience. When there is an officer involved shooting, an outside agency is requested to conduct the investigation. Some State's Attorney's have a "Public Integrity" unit for these types of events, in-custody deaths, etc. There is ALWAYS accusations of misconduct...100% of the time. I am not and would not ever defend misconduct. However I also have the benefit of seeing the other side of these situations and ALMOST always the media and public perception is incorrect.

I believe the timing of this incident, in conjunction with the Indiana ruling, and the fact that the DOA is a Marine has evoked some emotion. Its important to be objective and non-emotional and deal with facts. Since we do not have the benefit of all the facts, its easy to make assumptions that may or may not be accurate.

"Everything they think they're going to find in there they find," Storie said in a news conference called a day after the Sheriff's Department complained that media reports on the incident spread misinformation and encouraged speculation about events surrounding the shooting. The Sheriff's Department said Wednesday that it would provide no details about the case to the public until the investigation is complete.

Schuetzenman
05-22-2011, 10:26 AM
71 rounds and 60 hits and they didn't know if the guy was dead. Yeah ... right! Got some magic beans to sell as well?

TEN-32
05-22-2011, 11:01 AM
71 rounds and 60 hits and they didn't know if the guy was dead. Yeah ... right! Got some magic beans to sell as well?

I'm not sure what your saying here. I think what they had to do was clear the rest of the dwelling.

"Why did you shoot my client 60 times?"

"We ran out of ammo"

How many rounds should we limit the police to? 1? 4? 8? 16? What seems reasonable to you? And will you apply the same limitation to yourself?

Operational briefing-We have a Marine who has training and equipment(guns and body armor). He is doing home invasions posing as a cop. We want each of you to load up with 5 rounds and go in there and take him into custody unharmed. Good luck guys.

8 man entry team shoots 71 rounds so thats what roughly 9 rounds per man? It was all over in less than 10 seconds. You go in there and see what your reaction is when the guy points an AR at you. Some times you guys just don't think things through.

deth502
05-22-2011, 11:09 AM
How many rounds should we limit the police to? 1? 4? 8? 16? What seems reasonable to you? And will you apply the same limitation to yourself?

interesting quote. yet, when the shoes on the other foot, all is well.

i believe all law enforcement should be forced to follow the same rules as the rest of their community.

TEN-32
05-22-2011, 11:15 AM
interesting quote. yet, when the shoes on the other foot, all is well.

i believe all law enforcement should be forced to follow the same rules as the rest of their community.

If you mean hi-cap mags, select-fire, supressors, etc. you'll get no argument from me.

deth502
05-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Attorney Michael Storie said authorities found rifles, handguns, body armor and a portion of a law-enforcement uniform inside the house where Jose Guerena was shot by officers serving a search warrant May 5.

so how many here would be "guilty" right now if the police broke down your door and killed you in front of your family.

mriddick
05-22-2011, 11:16 AM
I've always stated when the shooting starts normally they continue till they are out of bullets, not till the subject is determined to be dead. Truthfully that is my plan as well although I understand in civilian shootings the DA will use multiple shots against you in court...

I've never faulted the LEO's for shooting any person they determined needed to be shot XXX times solely because that's more a function of how many LEO's are on the scene then anything else.

TEN-32
05-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Truthfully that is my plan as well although I understand in civilian shootings the DA will use multiple shots against you in court...

There are psychological and chemical things that happen in the human body under fight or flight stress. Reviews of many police shootings show that even though we train to count shots, officers thought they only fired 3 or 4 rounds when in fact they emptied their weapon and re-loaded.

Schuetzenman
05-22-2011, 11:24 AM
so how many here would be "guilty" right now if the police broke down your door and killed you in front of your family.

All of us is the answer.

although I understand in civilian shootings the DA will use multiple shots against you in court...
Exactly the point of my statement. People, civilians that is, have gone to jail for long stretches for shooting somebody too many times even though it was clear self defense. If I or You can be held to that standard, why can the armed enforcers of law do a full mag dump into anybody and get away with it? What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander is my point. The double standard is what bothers me.

TEN-32
05-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Exactly the point of my statement. People, civilians that is, have gone to jail for long stretches for shooting somebody too many times even though it was clear self defense. If I or You can be held to that standard, why can the armed enforcers of law do a full mag dump into anybody and get away with it? What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander is my point. The double standard is what bothers me.

Shootings are either justified or not. I have never heard a case that was aggravated by the number of rounds fired, civilian or police. I'd be interested in an example of what you are referring to. Someone going to prison for a "long stretch" over the number of rounds fired in self-defense. Do you have an example?

deth502
05-22-2011, 11:52 AM
im not trying to bust your balls over this, 10-32, but this whole thing to me stinks well before the start.

the main thing her, imo, is that the police are not a para-military force, and were never intended to be, but they cant seem to understand the line between military action and law enforcement anymore.

a soldiers first priority is to accomplish the mission. if someone gets shot in the performance of their duty, its collateral damage. a police officers first priority is to protect and serve. the entire way these raids are carried out are in direct conflict of that. a police officers first priority should be to make sure that NO ONE in the house is injured in any way, with the serving of the warrant and the search secondary.

imo, it dosent matter that he was shot once or 10,000 times, its the fact that it was determined that he needed to be shot by a police officer.

last year, the local srt's (as well as others from all across the state) went through a training course at the ng armory. the idea is to do away with the entire "rush in, guns blazing" bullshit. they advance into the house slowly and methodically, calculating every move. slowly is the key. the theory is that the holed up gunman has his adrenalin pumping awaiting the confrontation. every second to him seems like an hour. by the time they do a complete search and get there, hes already burned out. they took turns being the gunman, and all claimed it to be very effective, and with minimal violence. definitely a step in the right direction, imo.

deth502
05-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Shootings are either justified or not. I have never heard a case that was aggravated by the number of rounds fired, civilian or police. I'd be interested in an example of what you are referring to. Someone going to prison for a "long stretch" over the number of rounds fired in self-defense. Do you have an example?

harold fish

Schuetzenman
05-22-2011, 11:55 AM

Not such as I can send you a link to go check it out. The example was given in my NC Concealed Carry class mandated by the state of North Carolina. These classes are put on by private companies. The classes consist of 4 hours of class room time that is to explain the serious gravity of carrying concealed. It reviews NC law as it pertains to justifiable use of deadly force, when you can shoot vs. when you can't is gone over with much emphasis. Videos of shoot don't shoot scenarios were presented. The class was instructed by two Lawyers that when not putting on the classes are involved in trying to get civilians that shoot attackers out of prosecution by DA's.

Within this context the lead instructor told us about an example of a black man that shot his black attacker 11 times. This person received (going off of 10 year old memory) 10+ years because it was deemed he used excessive force and went beyond neutralization of the threat. This was coupled with a lesson to the class by the instructor to purchase top quality self defense rounds, don't skimp on the ammo you carry. Seems the civilian not being all that well healed with money purchased a top end 9 mm Handgun and then had almost no money left for ammo. He purchased bottom rung 115 gr. fmj practice grade ammo. His attacker was a huge person, over 6 feet tall and 300+ lbs. The fact the attacker didn't go down or stop pressing his attack while being shot was not believed and the prosecution turned it into a "you wanted to murder him didn't you" thing and got the conviction.

bovver
05-22-2011, 12:16 PM
I think alot of people are missing the big issue here.

Aside from the guy who got shot.
Think about it.
Youre asleep and you here some noise,you grab your gun because in this day and age home invasion robbery is not a dream so you keep a whatever type of gun within reach.
You are not yet awake and you here a loud bang,lots of noise and a muffled sound with 6-12 LED flashlghts in your eyes as you are now confused and dont know whats going on you are now pumped with 60 plus rounds.
Nevermind you didnt even have your gun raised yet and you were looking back at your 4 year old daughters room to make sure no one was in there just before your were killed.

Oh,wrong house.

Yes,there is a serious problem going on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eDiiSpVlXw

Fatigues,MP5's,grenades,helmets.
Look at the way they look,more like the military then cops.

I myself would rather a drug dealer go free than a child get killed by some nut with a badge.

Or heres a thought,legalize it,tax it,control it,much like what was done with alcohol.

tank_monkey
05-22-2011, 02:18 PM
So what exactly is "A portion of a Law Enforcement Uniform"?

A patch? A Hat? A duty belt? They should at least mention what it is. I collect police dept Patches. I collect Police Hats. I HAVE a duty belt. I HAVE the exact same "all weather" BLAUER jacket that the local PDs use because it's a great jacket. I collect police and Military memorabilia at Militaria shows. Does THAT make me a criminal?

(the last point was rhetorical, since nothing I have is against any law whatsoever.)

romak10/63UF
05-22-2011, 02:24 PM
I agree with Bovver on this one.... You just dont shoot little kids because carma isn't a nice thing...

I think alot of people are missing the big issue here.

Aside from the guy who got shot.
Think about it.
Youre asleep and you here some noise,you grab your gun because in this day and age home invasion robbery is not a dream so you keep a whatever type of gun within reach.
You are not yet awake and you here a loud bang,lots of noise and a muffled sound with 6-12 LED flashlghts in your eyes as you are now confused and dont know whats going on you are now pumped with 60 plus rounds.
Nevermind you didnt even have your gun raised yet and you were looking back at your 4 year old daughters room to make sure no one was in there just before your were killed.

Oh,wrong house.

Yes,there is a serious problem going on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eDiiSpVlXw

Fatigues,MP5's,grenades,helmets.
Look at the way they look,more like the military then cops.

I myself would rather a drug dealer go free than a child get killed by some nut with a badge.

Or heres a thought,legalize it,tax it,control it,much like what was done with alcohol.

Wild Bill
05-22-2011, 03:18 PM
It seems to me like the man was possibly innocent. He is in bed sleeping when his wife tells him that there are men outside with guns. He is killed in his home. The safety was still engaged on his AR-15. He died before he even knew what was going on.

What would you do if your wife told you that there were armed men outside and you start hearing a break in to your home? Would you go for your firearm?

This situation is unacceptable. A 2 tour Iraq veteran is killed in his home. By the way, people who work 12 hour shifts in a mine generally do not break into homes on their day off. This man could have been investigated much more competently. How about pulling him over on his way home from work? There was no need for a SWAT team to kick in the door on a person with no history of violent crime.

Here is a good article on the situation and an Oath Keepers call to Action:
http://www.infowars.com/oath-keepers-to-rally-in-tucson-on-memorial-day-over-death-of-young-marine-veteran/

"This policy of using SWAT to serve mere search warrants on people with no violent criminal history will lead to more deaths of veterans and other trained American gun owners because a trained man will react precisely the same way this young Marine did."

bovver
05-22-2011, 04:27 PM
So what exactly is "A portion of a Law Enforcement Uniform"?

A patch? A Hat? A duty belt? They should at least mention what it is. I collect police dept Patches. I collect Police Hats. I HAVE a duty belt. I HAVE the exact same "all weather" BLAUER jacket that the local PDs use because it's a great jacket. I collect police and Military memorabilia at Militaria shows. Does THAT make me a criminal?

(the last point was rhetorical, since nothing I have is against any law whatsoever.)

?
Dont know what your saying.
But what I think your are getting at is what a cop should look like.
Obviously a cop.
Not military.
Are WE THE PEOPLE the Enemy of the state and need to be dealt with by a paramilitary force?

I think not.
And to you who collect police stuff.
so what.
I have seen people at the gunshows who collect Nazi stuff,kkk stuff,star wars stuff,whatever floats your boat.

mriddick
05-22-2011, 05:06 PM
I think he's saying it's somehow unfair to say a part of a uniform might a person a criminal, which I really don't think it does (I have heard in some jurisdictions some items might). However I think it's only common sense if someone is out committing crimes using say a badge or police hat to gain entry or stop their victims being caught with those items might make you a suspect...

I do not know if that was the case in this investigation (the invasion crew using police items to gain entry) but I have heard of rapist using police clothing to stop young girls in cars and rape them, so it's not unheard of.

TEN-32
05-22-2011, 06:32 PM
I will reserve any further comment on this until more facts and fewer assumptions are available. As to the comment above about the safety being engaged on his AR, thats completely and patently ridiculous and has absolutely no bearing or influence on the decision to use deadly force. Its called hyperbole and its designed to inflame ignorant people's emotions. If I point a gun at you and the safety is on, we'll just laugh about it and have a beer together? I doubt it. And the assertion that the investigation was somehow less than complete is laughable, since neither you or I know what is in the investigation. Obviously it is enough to convince a judge that he was a bad guy.

As to the child killed in Detroit, I remember that. Tragic and very sad. Cannot be justified or compensated for.

old Grump
05-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Our problem is none of us were there and our only source of information is the news media and what the spokesmen for that department tell the news media. I am not a fan of the media but its all we have and the story has changed from wrong address to drug dealer to part of a home invasion gang base on the fact that he had paramilitary gear in his possession. United States Marine LCpl. Jose Guerena was killed why?

You would have wet your britches if you saw what I had in my house 40 years ago when I was fresh out of uniform. Nothing illegal but it sure looked like I was geared up for war.

Most of my old military and police gear is long gone but my house is even more dangerous now than it was then. If I was in Boston and a ninny found out about a tiny percent of what I have I would be raided and the word arsenal would once again be inappropriately used by the police spokesmen and the media. Not a single law broken but I would be convicted before I ever saw a judge.

Why do I have a problem with this story, it is the sheriff involved. Sheriff Dupnik, for is the asshole that achieved his fifteen minutes of infamy, after the Jared Lee Loughner shooting last January in Tucson. Six people dead and Representative Gabrielle Gifford's wounded. He took advantage of that shooting to advance his agenda for the subversion of the First and Second Amendment of the Constitution.

This man is out for political gain and he doesn't give a damn whose blood he spills or how many lies he tells. Like I said I smell fish and it is not fresh fish. If the boss stinks so does his department and that is why I take a jaundiced view of anything put out by him. Connection, I don't know, but if anybody needs to be investigated it's the boss.

TEN-32
05-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Our problem is none of us were there and our only source of information is the news media and what the spokesmen for that department tell the news media. I am not a fan of the media but its all we have and the story has changed from wrong address to drug dealer to part of a home invasion gang base on the fact that he had paramilitary gear in his possession. United States Marine LCpl. Jose Guerena was killed why?

You would have wet your britches if you saw what I had in my house 40 years ago when I was fresh out of uniform. Nothing illegal but it sure looked like I was geared up for war.

Most of my old military and police gear is long gone but my house is even more dangerous now than it was then. If I was in Boston and a ninny found out about a tiny percent of what I have I would be raided and the word arsenal would once again be inappropriately used by the police spokesmen and the media. Not a single law broken but I would be convicted before I ever saw a judge.

Why do I have a problem with this story, it is the sheriff involved. Sheriff Dupnik, for is the asshole that achieved his fifteen minutes of infamy, after the Jared Lee Loughner shooting last January in Tucson. Six people dead and Representative Gabrielle Gifford's wounded. He took advantage of that shooting to advance his agenda for the subversion of the First and Second Amendment of the Constitution.

This man is out for political gain and he doesn't give a damn whose blood he spills or how many lies he tells. Like I said I smell fish and it is not fresh fish. If the boss stinks so does his department and that is why I take a jaundiced view of anything put out by him. Connection, I don't know, but if anybody needs to be investigated it's the boss.

Excellent observation. I hadn't connected those dots but I do remember that asshole.

Warlord
05-22-2011, 09:21 PM
You people think to much. The wrong person died, the invaders should have all been killed. The over thinking and analyzing is why this republic is in a world of shit. I'm out.

tank_monkey
05-22-2011, 09:21 PM
?
Dont know what your saying.
But what I think your are getting at is what a cop should look like.
Obviously a cop.
Not military.
Are WE THE PEOPLE the Enemy of the state and need to be dealt with by a paramilitary force?

I think not.
And to you who collect police stuff.
so what.
I have seen people at the gunshows who collect Nazi stuff,kkk stuff,star wars stuff,whatever floats your boat.

Don't take this personally, but ..... Is ENGLISH NOT your first language? because nothing of what you wrote I understand. WOW. Talk about non-sequiturs (look it up). I have NO IDEA what the fuck you're talking about. Everything I wrote is crystal clear. The article mentions the SWAT team saying that the victim had guns and a "portion of a Law Enforcement uniform" as if that implies malicious intent. I pointed out that TONS of people have 'PORTIONS" of police uniforms all the time. Just having a police uniform or A PART OF ONE doesn't mean shit and I take exception to the journalists making it out to imply evil intent. I really hope you re-write your point, perhaps differently so that I can actually understand what your point was.:gruebel:

old Grump
05-22-2011, 10:08 PM
You people think to much. The wrong person died, the invaders should have all been killed. The over thinking and analyzing is why this republic is in a world of shit. I'm out.
And you know this for a fact how?

tank_monkey
05-22-2011, 11:26 PM
And you know this for a fact how?

Sssssshhhhhh. Don't tell him that to OVERTHINK one must first THINK..... I believe he's one of those 'act impulsively now, contemplate actual information much later ...' sort of chaps... ;)

deth502
05-23-2011, 06:20 AM
does anyone else find it suspicious that this was part of a multiple house raid, yet it was said that no arrests were made at ANY of the other houses?

so the intel on the whole situation was bad, but somehow this one was right?

deth502
05-23-2011, 06:25 AM
The house was targeted as part of an investigation into home invasions and drug rip-offs. The Guerena house was among homes that "were identified as locations where these activities were being carried out from."

No arrests have been made from any of the other homes where SWAT served search warrants, Storie said

shorthair
05-23-2011, 06:46 AM
The cops went there to kill not search. They knew he was married and had a child. They could have picked him up any where.

The cops went there to kill.

5.56NATO
05-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Same as when the atf went to Waco,, Howell could have been picked up on his DAILY exercise run but that was not what was desired at all. Need drama and trauma to make the citizens support the police state. When they cs'd those kids and the gas burned, it created cyanide gas, and those poor kids broke their own backs bent over backwards from the cyanide gas. This can only happen if they are alive to breath the cyanide.

"Autopsy photographs of other children locked in what appear to be spasmic death poses are consistent with cyanide poisoning, one of the results produced by burning CS gas.[39] The DOJ report indicated that only one body had traces of benzene, one of the components of solvent-dispersed CS gas, but that the gas insertions had finished nearly one hour before the fire started, and that it was enough time for solvents to dissipate from the bodies of the Davidians that had inhaled the tear gas.[82]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege#Autopsies

20 kids under the age of 15. I wonder how those guys sleep.

Still wondering if the dead Marine was guilty or not.

mriddick
05-23-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm quite sure they went there with the idea of lethal force could/would be used if the guy came after them in a threatening way, which it seems he did. That is a far cry from saying they went there to kill him. Some of you guys are acting as if the police just roll down the road stopping at random houses busting in and arresting people at will. 99% of the time if the police come to your door you've done something to bring them there. Granted that leaves 1% the guy was just an innocent victim but if playing the numbers I think you'd have to go with the 99 most of the time.

studmuffin
05-23-2011, 12:00 PM

Well said.

studmuffin
05-23-2011, 12:03 PM
I for one have never been comfortable with the increasing paramiliterizing of our police. this is in large part a result of the failed war on drugs. Many of our civil rights have been diminished and outrightly being trounced upon every day. The recent court rulings are but more examples of our mad dash towards totalitarianism.

TEN-32
06-04-2011, 07:00 AM
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_ffd3cd6b-6564-59a9-8b43-a1635ae66bd4.html

5.56NATO
06-04-2011, 09:10 AM
So... not much so far as to real evidence this guy did anything other than possibly have a rifle, some armour, and a hat? Also, last time I checked one did not get to choose who one was related to. Well then. If you have a hat, a vest, and a gun, and relatives, you might get shot at least 21 times and the state will condone it.

Schuetzenman
06-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Reading the linked report it doesn't sound like they found much at the dead Marine's house, but they did at another house. It sure is a sad thing that a vet gets gunned down in his own home. The video made me think he provoked the shooting, but the statements and findings that he didn't even point his rifle at them makes me think they were trigger happy steroid pumped ass-holes just looking to kill anybody that day. I don't know which way it actually is but either way I'm not happy at the outcome or the execution.

TEN-32
06-05-2011, 07:33 PM
http://www.kvoa.com/news/newly-released-documents-show-ice-was-investigating-jose-guerena/

http://www.kvoa.com/files/Scanned%20Document0582_000.pdf

http://www.kgun9.com/story/14831062/raw-video-sheriff-dupnik-opens-up-about-fatal-swat-raid?redirected=true

Schuetzenman
06-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Dupnick the Sheriff that insisted Right Wing Talk Radio and Tea Party People were at the root of Gabriel Giffords being shot in the head. Yeah right. I'm sorry after his ass-hole retard rage rants about Right Wing people and the Tea Party I trust zero that comes out of his festering Leftitst Dimocrap pie hole!

Prometheus168
06-05-2011, 11:49 PM
http://newstaco.com/2011/05/24/cops-shoot-latino-marine-71-times-deny-him-care-in-arizona/

An Arizona SWAT team shot 26 year-old José Guerena, 26, 71 times, wounding him about 60, as they executed a search warrant on his home. The former Marine who served two tours in Iraq was killed when he saw men with guns advancing on his home. Police accidentally shot a gun; the resulting confusion lead to Guerena bleeding out and dying in his own home. Police refused to allow medical personnel in to help save his life. The Daily Mail reported:

An ambulance reportedly arrived in a few minutes, but medical personnel were not allowed inside to see Mr Guerena for an hour and 14 minutes, the family’s attorney, Chris Scileppi, told ABC News affiliate KGUN.

Police involved in the Tucson SWAT raid in the neighborhood, three other homes fell under the warrant, apparently did not identify themselves to anyone inside the home. The result is that Guerena, who managed to avoid being killed in Iraq, was killed in his own home after coming home from a 12-hour shift in a mine. The Arizona Daily Star reported:

Guerena’s role in the narcotics investigation is unclear and deputies would not comment on what was seized from his home…

Vanessa Guerena says she heard noise outside their home about 9 a.m. Thursday and woke her husband who had just gone to bed after working a 12-hour shift at the Asarco Mine, she said. There were no sirens or shouts of “police,” she said.

Guerena told his wife and son to hide inside a closet and he grabbed the AR-15 rifle, his wife said.

His wife insists there were no drugs in their home, and police have yet to prove otherwise. It gets even worse, as apparently the police were the ones who shot first, by accident:

Apparently one of the SWAT team’s deputies accidentally fired his gun, leading to confusion.

This is a pretty egregious case of police brutality and racial profiling, if you ask me. I can’t imagine the terror this poor woman and her son experienced, listening to her husband die, pleading for help, being ignored and treated like a criminal as he lay bleeding out on his own carpet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally sick... I am 100% behind good LEOs as they do their job, but these officers murdered this man, and all on some bad intel!

Rusty

TEN-32
06-06-2011, 04:02 AM
http://newstaco.com/2011/05/24/cops-shoot-latino-marine-71-times-deny-him-care-in-arizona/

An Arizona SWAT team shot 26 year-old José Guerena, 26, 71 times, wounding him about 60, as they executed a search warrant on his home. The former Marine who served two tours in Iraq was killed when he saw men with guns advancing on his home. Police accidentally shot a gun; the resulting confusion lead to Guerena bleeding out and dying in his own home. Police refused to allow medical personnel in to help save his life. The Daily Mail reported:

An ambulance reportedly arrived in a few minutes, but medical personnel were not allowed inside to see Mr Guerena for an hour and 14 minutes, the family’s attorney, Chris Scileppi, told ABC News affiliate KGUN.

Police involved in the Tucson SWAT raid in the neighborhood, three other homes fell under the warrant, apparently did not identify themselves to anyone inside the home. The result is that Guerena, who managed to avoid being killed in Iraq, was killed in his own home after coming home from a 12-hour shift in a mine. The Arizona Daily Star reported:

Guerena’s role in the narcotics investigation is unclear and deputies would not comment on what was seized from his home…

Vanessa Guerena says she heard noise outside their home about 9 a.m. Thursday and woke her husband who had just gone to bed after working a 12-hour shift at the Asarco Mine, she said. There were no sirens or shouts of “police,” she said.

Guerena told his wife and son to hide inside a closet and he grabbed the AR-15 rifle, his wife said.

His wife insists there were no drugs in their home, and police have yet to prove otherwise. It gets even worse, as apparently the police were the ones who shot first, by accident:

Apparently one of the SWAT team’s deputies accidentally fired his gun, leading to confusion.

This is a pretty egregious case of police brutality and racial profiling, if you ask me. I can’t imagine the terror this poor woman and her son experienced, listening to her husband die, pleading for help, being ignored and treated like a criminal as he lay bleeding out on his own carpet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally sick... I am 100% behind good LEOs as they do their job, but these officers murdered this man, and all on some bad intel!

Rusty

"News Taco"?

shorthair
06-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Let's see, the sheriff had him under surveillance for some time and they didn't get caught doing that. The day of the raid they didn't surveil because they didn't want to be caught.

They didn't know the mom and child were home yet they..thought..the perp was home.

Very professional don't you think?

They went there to kill him.

TomO
06-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Let's see, the sheriff had him under surveillance for some time and they didn't get caught doing that. The day of the raid they didn't surveil because they didn't want to be caught.

They didn't know the mom and child were home yet they..thought..the perp was home.

Very professional don't you think?

They went there to kill him.

Yep....kinda makes me wonder if he knew something that he wasn't supposed to know.