PDA

View Full Version : Romy Build question

firenighthawk
05-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I have been debating on getting a new non chrome lined barrel US barrel (http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30033)from curtis at AK builder or getting the used yugo M70AB2 (http://centerfiresystems.com/AK-P46.aspx) from centerfire for my Romy build. It would be great to save a little money to get the used yugo, but im tight on cash like everyone else is and im worried that ill get something unusable and the risk of the damn thing blowing up on me:machinegun::runforhills::oh-shit: What do ya'll think? :think2:

Rondo Acapricio
05-22-2011, 06:21 PM
The Yugo barrels were almost always not chrome lined or stainless so they got more roached out than most other kits.

Personally I'd buy a barrel I could trust.

firenighthawk
05-22-2011, 07:27 PM
thanks for the info

blobman
05-22-2011, 07:41 PM
buy from curtis,you wont be disaappointed

CrufflerSteve
05-23-2011, 01:28 PM
1. Curtis is great. You won't go wrong dealing with him.

2. I think chrome barrels aren't that necessary for people on this forum. They have a longer life but how many of are going to fire that many rounds down one barrel? After all, we each probably have more than one AK. Also, chrome lining is supposed to handle corrosive ammo better. I think most people here clean after every shooting session. We're not like those people you see waving AK's around in 3rd world countries. Match shooters never use chrome barrels and get by fine.

3. If you do shoot the barrel out, people here can help you put a new barrel on.

Steve

6gunsal
05-31-2011, 11:18 AM
No kidding, those yugo barrels are cheap! No description though, makes you wonder what you are going to get. Might be able to get a few for that price and and increase your chances of getting one with life still in it

abpt1
05-31-2011, 06:21 PM
THe org romy barrel should be an excellent shooter !

But if its a barrel less kit then..............

buy from curtis,you wont be disaappointed
^
this

Izzy
07-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Not only that but my understanding is the Yugoslavian barrel would have to be turned down to fit the Romanian Truniun, am I correct?

my-rifle
08-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Not the trunnion, but the gas block has a different inside diameter between Yugo and Romanian. The gas block is also a different distance from the trunnion on Yugos. On the other hand, they fit at the trunnion.