Thread: Davids first ever hunt

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Davids first ever hunt

Took my nephew out to the woods because this weekend is a special youth hunt. 15 years old and never been hunting and now he knows why I have been making him practice off hand shooting all summer long. Later on I will take him squirrel hunting but this was his first ever hunt. No game taken but clear skies, mild breeze and 80+ degrees it was an excuse to hunt in shirt sleeves. I'll have to get him hos own blaze orange before gun season starts but for now my vest while a little loose on him kept him legal. It was my chance to teach him some woodsmanship and that alone was worth the trip. Teaching him how to look, listen and walk in the woods instead of the front yard is a big difference for him.

Posed shot for a picture for his mommy and Great grandmother who told me no pictures, don't come home.

This is typical of the dead fall, this part of the forest is dry oak savannah and is a challenge to hunt. I love it almost as much as I loved the desert.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Good for you OG, indoctrinate a next generation to save our culture.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Well done paw paw.

And I have to say, it looks like the abundant facial hair runs in the family
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Well done paw paw.

And I have to say, it looks like the abundant facial hair runs in the family
    Yep no mustache yet but plenty of beard, he had to cut to half length before he could start school. When I was a senior in high school I grew a mustache...oh those were the days and it was very short lived. Of course back then you didn't wear tennis shoes or blue jeans or a shirt without a collar to class. Different times. I was 26 before I could grow that much facial hair and his is already thicker than mine.

Best part is he listens and soaks up everything I say like a sponge. I already trust him with a gun behind me more than I do a lot of adults I know.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Looks like you're getting the picture taking thing down
    Nice to see some pics from your neck of the woods.
    Great weather this fall
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

im sure he'll do fine