Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AK questions

Quote Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post
    I can see where that makes sense. Unless it gets really dirty or breaks there's probably no reason to take it apart again (after this latest fix anyway). It's nice to know it's relatively easy to do if that need arises.

I never clean mine no matter how dirty it gets. AKs are built to take muck and it doesn't do harm not to clean it. But that's just me.
    I never had a part to break either. Knock on wood.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    I never clean mine no matter how dirty it gets. AKs are built to take muck and it doesn't do harm not to clean it. But that's just me.
    I never had a part to break either. Knock on wood.
    That's all part of their appeal to people who want a reliable weapon.

I might take it out Monday for a trial and make a report on how it works.
    Update:.............no more trigger slap now. The grip is bugging me now though because it feels so small compared to the ergo unit i have on my other one. Just noticed Hogue has finger groove grips for AK's now, so I ordered a couple (in case I suddenly break into an AK buying spree again and need one on it ).

Update:.............no more trigger slap now. The grip is bugging me now though because it feels so small compared to the ergo unit i have on my other one. Just noticed Hogue has finger groove grips for AK's now, so I ordered a couple (in case I suddenly break into an AK buying spree again and need one on it ).
    As you see by now, AK's are addictive.
    You may need a second job to keep up. LOL
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

you'll love that Hogue grip. i know i do!
    I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post
    I'm sure I will. They can get addictive too. I have one on my AR and on just about every handgun I can fit them to except for the Blackhawk frames and they have Pachmayer presentation grips because of their more traditional lines.

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    As you see by now, AK's are addictive.
    You may need a second job to keep up. LOL
    That's what I'm a little afraid of. I wince at the money I've laid-out for this stuff in the last two months, but it IS a good investment.........I keep telling myself.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Glad to hear your AK is now finger friendly!!! About buying a couple of extra grips, yes AKs are highly addictive. First you get one and find out how easy it is to maintain, and how much fun it is to play with. You then have to get another from another country, then a different style like underfolder or sidefolder. Then you have to get one in a different caliber, then you have to get another, then another then.... AK-Addiction!!!!!

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Glad to hear your AK is now finger friendly!!! About buying a couple of extra grips, yes AKs are highly addictive. First you get one and find out how easy it is to maintain, and how much fun it is to play with. You then have to get another from another country, then a different style like underfolder or sidefolder. Then you have to get one in a different caliber, then you have to get another, then another then.... AK-Addiction!!!!!
    I know dat right

You then have to get another from another country, then a different style like underfolder or sidefolder. Then you have to get one in a different caliber, then you have to get another, then another then.... AK-Addiction!!!!!
    I've always told myself that I would probably not get one in .223, but the idea of one of those 74's has been tinkling the bell for a while. With ammo for it being as cheap as it is, one of those might sneak into the safe one day. I have an aftermarket Bulgy underfolder stock but it won't work with the mag inserted. Nice stock though. I also have a Romy wire sidefolder and another one of Tapco's Zytel sidefolder units on hand if I get the urge to play that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post

You're right, Broon............they are nice. I'll be putting the other one on my Vector.

I would say the SAR-1 is a step above the average WASR. Most WASR were intended to be post ban, lo-cap rifles that were converted to be hi-cap. SAR-1 came from Romania complete, except for 922r compliance parts. SAR-1 also has the "dimple" to stop mag from wabbling. The only benefit from a modern WASR (10-63 etc) is that they come with a threaded barrel and a bayonet lug. Personally I would by a Romanian "G" rifle that was built on a NDS reciever. Best Romainians out there..

You're right, Broon............they are nice. I'll be putting the other one on my Vector.
    I got one on my romy...it IS nice!

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Stop it Nut, Stop it! I'm going to have to attend AK Anonymous now.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12