Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Target Sent

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Target Sent

I sent in my first Postal Match Target today. As you know I only fired 5 rounds instead of the required 10 rounds. I fixed this by pocking holes in the target where I am sure I would have hit, had I fired. I was sure no one would mind.

Alright, I didn't really. Next month, one target, 10 holes. At least that is the plan.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I sent in my first Postal Match Target today. As you know I only fired 5 rounds instead of the required 10 rounds. I fixed this by pocking holes in the target where I am sure I would have hit, had I fired. I was sure no one would mind.

Alright, I didn't really. Next month, one target, 10 holes. At least that is the plan.
    LOL at ltorlo64.

Got your 5 shot target in Friday. I seem to of suffered a spell of I can't count to 10 on my pistol target. I've looked at it 4 times and I can only make 9 shots. So looks like May is a drop score for me on Pistol.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 06-05-2011 at 03:54 PM.

You just did that to make me feel better.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Sounds like he was talking about my May pistol target.

I have shot my 2 rifle targets for June but not sent them in yet because I'm still looking for a suitable pistol.

I also had to take my brothers M1 to the gunsmith to work on the sights. First 2 shots go where they are supposed to go then they start walking down the paper because the sights slip down to zero. Tried tightening them up but no joy, al I did was move my sights to the left and it still slipped down to zero. I may have two targets get laughed at. It would be easier to use my own M1 but with the .308 insert in it I'm not sure if it qualifies for C&R...heavy sigh. I wish all my problems were this small.

Oh well, there is still the K-31.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

May was a total wash for me. I leave for Florida soon and been swamped with all levels of fires to put out.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

May was lost on me as well. No targets shot, none mailed.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Arrgghhh! Guys come on! We can't have a shoot if nobody shoots the targets! Y'all just have to tighten it up and get out there and just DO IT!

I was about to make a post asking were all the targets mailed, I see no need to do so now.

To Old Grump, sounds like your rear sight threads are about stripped on the elevation. The fix is to get new sight parts and rebuild it. There should be plenty of parts out there to rebuid it with and if you DIY it shouldn't be all that expensive.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 06-05-2011 at 03:56 PM.

You just did that to make me feel better.
    Actually no, I didn't. My goof is probably because I was short on time and hurrying, that and I can't count to 10 I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Actually no, I didn't. My goof is probably because I was short on time and hurrying, that and I can't count to 10 I guess.
    With your permission I would like to use the same reasoning. I could say something like Dirty Harry. "Did I shoot 5 times or did I shoot 10? In all the confusion I lost count. DO YOU FEEL LUCKY PUNK? (while pointing at the target of course.)

NRA Endowment Member

Pistol target shot, now I have two throw away pistol targets. I never realized how spoiled I was with my match 45. Shot number 8 didn't eject and had to pound the case out with a dowel and rubber handle. Shot number 10 developed about 7 yards of takeup and 87 pounds to break, I didn't think it would ever go off. I was glad to just get it over with.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Pistol target shot, now I have two throw away pistol targets. I never realized how spoiled I was with my match 45. Shot number 8 didn't eject and had to pound the case out with a dowel and rubber handle. Shot number 10 developed about 7 yards of takeup and 87 pounds to break, I didn't think it would ever go off. I was glad to just get it over with.
    What are you shooting for the handgun? I don't see it mentioned in your earlier posts.

Borrowed a Browning 9MM Canadian from Gunsmith. He lets me shoot My target but not take it home for practice. Inglish, does that sound right?

I shot some old ammo I bought at an estate sale a few years ago called WRR re-manufactured 115 gr Hardball

I can't blame the ammo, it shoots alright in biker Brothers Ruger P94

Its them teeny tiny sights and looooong trigger slack. By the time the shot goes off I'm shaking like a leaf. I'm no threat to anybody in pistol competition this year I will GARONTEEE.

Biker brother thinks he has a lead on a gun for me, I hope it pans out. Anyway targets going out Monday morning. I wish everything shot as tight as the K31, I just need a teeny bit of elevation on it but not bad where it is.

THUCYDIDES.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Borrowed a Browning 9MM Canadian from Gunsmith. He lets me shoot My target but not take it home for practice. Inglish, does that sound right?

I shot some old ammo I bought at an estate sale a few years ago called WRR re-manufactured 115 gr Hardball

I can't blame the ammo, it shoots alright in biker Brothers Ruger P94

Its them teeny tiny sights and looooong trigger slack. By the time the shot goes off I'm shaking like a leaf. I'm no threat to anybody in pistol competition this year I will GARONTEEE.

Biker brother thinks he has a lead on a gun for me, I hope it pans out. Anyway targets going out Monday morning. I wish everything shot as tight as the K31, I just need a teeny bit of elevation on it but not bad where it is.
    And here I am wishing my Browning was older so I could use it instead of my CZ-82. Oh well.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Ingles, a Canadian version of the High Power. I guess I'm lucky my Belgian Police HP also has a thin front blade but I can see it.

Basically if I hit paper it was an accident and if it was in the scoring ring it was a lucky accident.

I don't mind the extra years I have on you but those cataracts don't help. But the doc says they have to get worse before they will fix them and my target sights don't bother me much when the light is right. My H&R 922 has narrow sights too but they stick way up there in the air and I can see them. This little thing has a tiny round nubbin up front and it looks like I'm using the top front of the slide to sight with instead of the sight. You will see what I mean when you see my pattern instead of a group.

THUCYDIDES.

Basically if I hit paper it was an accident and if it was in the scoring ring it was a lucky accident.

I don't mind the extra years I have on you but those cataracts don't help. But the doc says they have to get worse before they will fix them and my target sights don't bother me much when the light is right. My H&R 922 has narrow sights too but they stick way up there in the air and I can see them. This little thing has a tiny round nubbin up front and it looks like I'm using the top front of the slide to sight with instead of the sight. You will see what I mean when you see my pattern instead of a group.
    Umm, I see. You wouldn't happen to have a Merit Optical Attachment disc would you? http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=8...CAL_ATTACHMENT Brownell's have them. It can really focus a sight picture well by means of pin hole effect.

BTW I scored Ltorlo64's rifle target and mine. Of the two of us guess who's ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    BTW I scored Ltorlo64's rifle target and mine. Of the two of us guess who's ahead.
    The one who fired more than five shots?

NRA Endowment Member

The one who fired more than five shots?
    Yes 10 rounds on target do add up bigger. Speaking of rifle targets, both my Bolt Gun and the self loading rifle target scored out to be exactly the same in points. Things that make you go hummmm!

Okay. I give.

New to the postal match scene. Have been wanting to try it. Where do I download the targets?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast