Thread: Having background color issue.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Having background color issue.

When I first come to the main page of gunsnet it'll be in the blackened background, which I picked for my background. But when I log in it'll be in the white default background, even when it says blackened at the bottom. To blacken I have to click default, then click blacken again. Don't know if anybody else has had this issue.

Thanks. Place is still great though!
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

I'm seeing that also.
    видеодон

Try clearing your cookies and then logging in and refreshing your screen.

I had the problem myself yesterday all because I added another style then deleted it because it did not look the way I wanted it to.

I logged off and the cleared my cookies, then logged back on and changed the sytle with no problem.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

I'll give that a go. Will I have to delete cookies every time?
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

no because this problem that was caused was because I tried another style set and then deleted it.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    When I first come to the main page of gunsnet it'll be in the blackened background, which I picked for my background. But when I log in it'll be in the white default background, even when it says blackened at the bottom. To blacken I have to click default, then click blacken again. Don't know if anybody else has had this issue.

I just have the full URL to the forum in my bookmark, so when I click it I go right in (bypass the "portal").

Go to http://www.gunsnet.net/forum.php instead of http://www.gunsnet.net

Simple as that.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post

I'm having the opposite problem.
    The portal stays black now matter what. I've logged out, cleared cookies, logged back in and chose the default background 2 or 3 times.
    Comes up blackened. I want the white background in the portal. All other forums are white, which is what I prefer.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    The portal stays black now matter what. I've logged out, cleared cookies, logged back in and chose the default background 2 or 3 times.
    Comes up blackened. I want the white background in the portal. All other forums are white, which is what I prefer.
    Racist!
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

Quote Originally Posted by cciota View Post
    Racist!
    I can be whoever I choose......na na na

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    Thats because the default for the portal is blackend on purpose. I did this so newer members could see a the two different styles for Guns Network.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns Network Staff View Post
    Thats because the default for the portal is blackend on purpose. I did this so newer members could see a the two different styles for Guns Network.
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Just think how many brain cells I lost trying to figure this one out. I don't have that many to start with.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL