Thread: Slr101

Thumbs up Slr101

Lets get the Bulgarian section moving again...my milled SLR101

Bought it new around 10 yrs ago...never a ftf/fte....over 5,000 rds and going strong.

Been using Blackjack buffers in it since day one....never a problem with them either.
    Patron Life member NRA

U.S. Army Combat Engineer
    237th Eng. Batt.
    Heilbronn,Germany 1976-79

Except for the furniture (mine has a Bush-hole stock), it looks identical to my SLR-95. What's the difference?

Slr 101 are almost identical to slr 95 except for a few components and features. Slr 95 are no longer in production but they were milled hi-cap ak's that had a thumbhole stock and all bulgarian parts. The 101 were manufactured mostly for the US to get around importation laws. They are all bulgarian low cap and thumbhole as imported. Arsenal inc. in las vegas takes them, mills out the mag well to accept hi caps, installs their US made fire control parts and a k-var polymer stock set. Some low cap 101's are still sold as imported for around $250. Quality of the conversion is second to none due to the fact that arsenal inc. in las vegas is licensed by the Bulgarian company that manufactures the rifles. This gives them access to original blueprints and methods.
    Last edited by NRAJOE; 08-06-2010 at 06:24 AM.
    Patron Life member NRA

237th Eng. Batt.

swampdragon
    Bulgarian SLR-95 with a few mods.
    Great gun....

Numbers matching Plumb Bulgarian AK-74 on a Ewbanks receiver. It was finished in black crayon, like all Bulgarian rifles, so I refinished it in high-temp black krylon. It wears about as good as gunkote, or better.

Very accurate rifle by Ak standards. It currently wears a PK-A
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Thumbs up

Nice rifles guys...
    Patron Life member NRA

237th Eng. Batt.

SLR 101

Anyone one have a modified or customized SLR101?
    Or how about an accurate factory 762X39 round?

Winchester ammo is supposed to be pretty good but $1 a rd in my area...I always use WOLF 122 gr FMJ...accurate enough to bust orange clays on the berm @ 100 yds.
    Patron Life member NRA

237th Eng. Batt.

For 0-100 yards, the East German FMG with the polymer core shoots flat, but after that, it drops fast. Laupa is hard to beat for 100+. I have read some gun articles, that have had good results with the Winchester FMJ. The Tula HP shoots good, but there are flyers.